ZIP code

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 859 Ratings for the 2004 - 2015 models.

Honestly A Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Driver position adjustability, overall handling"

Cons: "MPG, Splash Guards"

"The Pro-4X Titan rides and handles better than most trucks I've had experience with. Since I have back-trouble, even test driving tells me how uncomfortable I'll be on longer drives. The Pro-4x not only handled/rode better than the two other Titan versions, but surpassed the Tundra and Ram as well. I have short legs, and my Titan's power adjustable pedals (awesome!) plus 8-way power seat make my driving reach a breeze. The lockable rear differential makes getting out of parking in deep snow so easy. Heated mirrors = no snow build-up. It's the only car or truck I honestly have ever felt total comfort in, even on really long trips. In four years the only problem I've had is that the splash guards aren't wide enough to protect the rear bumper from stone/sand chips. MPG is typical for a full-size truck and there's most definitely pain-at-the-pump, but the trade-off is great handling, comfort, and hauling convenience. Road feel is great, u-turn radius is short/tight. Backing sensors are accurate. Power rear window is larger than most and really convenient. I'm completely happy with it and it doesn't hurt that it looks great!"

2007 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"After owning 30 plus vehicles over the years I can’t say enough about our Titan! The overall stance and appearance of the truck is awesome to look at and the sound of stock exhaust is just right. Inside the cab the truck drives like a dream and has plenty of room for our two “big boys” in the back! I’m not one looking for flash on the inside and like the layout straight forward thus I gave it a 4 star as some may like a flashier interior, but in my opinion I really do love the simple straight forward look and quality of the components. My biggest complaint about the truck would be the gas mileage (but I knew this before I bought it) as I get 11 mpg constantly in the city and 16.5 to maybe 17 mpg’s on the highway if I’m lucky! Pulling our jet ski over a couple mountain passes with the truck loaded we always get 15.5 mpg’s, and I’m running the stock replacement K & N air filter. I’ve also added the platinum white halo light bulbs (9006 headlight bulbs and 899 fog light bulbs) which gets you away from the stock yellowish look as well as LED tail lights, matching Leer cab height canopy, and Recon 62” Big Rig Ice light bars down both sides of the truck that light up white when you unlock the truck, act as amber running lights when the parking lights are on, AND act as turn signals as well for added safety. One thing I wish Nissan would do is add the running lights/turn signals to the mirrors for not only added safety but sharper look! The only option I found was at Muth Mirror.com but you need to call them if you have the tow mirrors like I do. They can make the heated replacement mirrors with the red signals in them for $269 but if you have the auto-dimming side mirrors you will lose that option. No problems with the truck so far and I’d defiantly buy another one without hesitation! Any by the way I do drive like a grandpa, I baby this truck and do not have a heavy foot what so ever and yes my MPG comments above are dead on. For those that I’ve seen posting there getting 13 to 14 in the city and 19 to 20 on the highway I’ve got no idea how that’s possible? Hope this info helps!"

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, July 9, 2009

"This is the third Titan I have purchased. I bought an '04 and loved it. My wife liked it so much she purchased an '07. Now I bought the '08 for a company truck. I've never had a problem with any of them."

Nice comfortable truck with lots of power

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable car-like interior, stylish, Powerful"

Cons: "Engine"

"INTERIOR: The interior of this truck is like sitting in a loaded Maxima, but with a commanding view over surrounding traffic. The controls are well laid out and the trim is stylish. The leg room in both the front an rear seats is plentiful, especially the rear seat leg room which was a big selling point when I first looked at this truck. A negative is that the window switches are poorly placed and catch water during those dreaded times you need to open the window during a rain storm. EXTERIOR: The exterior of this truck is stylish and still turns heads some four years after it's original purchase. The exterior storage compartment is a 'neat' novelty, but it is not truly water or dirt proof. It's a place to throw some bungee cords, but I wouldn't put anything of value, or anything even a little bit sensitive to water or dirt. The tailgate has always been a source of irritation since the truck was new. I realize that no matter how fancy this truck is, it is still a truck. However, the tailgate has always rattled to the point where I can hear it in the cab with the windows up, I had it looked at and adjusted during some routine service visits to the dealer, but I was ultimately told that the rattle is just the nature of the beast. In regards to noise, I happen to like the throaty sound of a 5.6 liter V8, but I could see that the engine noise could be a distraction to those who don't share my appreciation for a sound of a beefy V8. The wind noise is minimal given he large profile of the truck, but the tire hum is pretty notable, at least on the Pro-4x with the more aggressive tire treads. DRIVING DYNAMICS: This truck has power to spare and has acceleration that puts it in contention with V8 sport sedans. I don't tow anything with this truck, but the torque would seem plentiful to pull a moderate sized boat, camper, or maybe even a horse trailer. The truck handles great and has a tight turning radius given its size and length. RELIABILITY: I've had this truck in for a couple of factory recalls. Other than that I've never had the truck in for anything more than routine service. For what it is worth, the truck went through the original set of tires in less than 24,000 miles and I am a very conservative driver who does about 50/50 highway/city driving. I've gotten about 35,000 miles out of the replacement tires (different brand) and foresee getting another 10/15,000 out of them. QUALITY: Overall the fit and finish of this truck is nice. This was the first Nissan product I've ever owned and had been a "Ford guy" prior to purchasing this Titan. I am on the fence as to whether or not I will buy another Nissan to replace this truck. I have no reason to not, but...."

purchased new in 2004

By on Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pros: "2500 miles on vacation last week. great drive."

Cons: "MPG..but,got horses you have to feed them,lol"

"after looking at other trucks, new and used. all makes and models. cant find another truck that i would rather own... of course i have done several up grades to mine in the recent past,cold intake,true duel exhaust,computer chiped,drilled and slotted rotors,ceramic brake pads,and ect. more i write, i dont think ill find anything better."

great truck

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I've had my '06 Titan for 4 years now. I use it for everything from hauling the family around, moving, towing a trailer full of ATVs, towing an 8000 lb camp trailer, to getting up to mountain lakes for some fishing. I LOVE this truck. It's built solid, was engineered for the low end torque you really want when towing or hauling a load, and tows smooth. The interior space is great. My inlaws have the new '09 Tundra and were surprised at the room in the back seat. I was an F150 fan, but it is weak compared to the Titan. The utility bed is great with many additions that the big 3 wouldn't want to invest the money in (spray-in liner, rail tie-downs, 12v outlet, storage box, etc) As much as I love this truck, there are a couple of drawbacks. The seat fabric (this is the upgraded fabric available with the 'popular' package) doesn't hold out too well, and absorbs dirt and grime. The suspension is a little soft. It does have a smooth ride, but the springs do sink a bit with a good load. However, it doesn't hesitate to haul that load. Also, with the power this drivetrain puts out, they could easily make this a lit beefier truck just by beefing up the suspension and adding a bit larger rear end. The engine / trans would easily haul a 15000 lb load. Finally, the bed load capacity is quite low for the class. Again, they were probably going for the smooth ride, but they could have done better in this one area. I use a trailer to haul my heavier loads. Finally, I only rated it a 4 in styling. I do love the look of the truck, but the F150 does have a nicer 'feeling' interior design. If there was a 4.5 rating available I would have selected that, but I cannot give it the highest rating for style."

Best truck on the road

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I've got an 04 LE. It's simply the best truck I have ever owned. It has 65k on it and I have had no problems except the brakes and Nissan fixed those at no cost. It runs and drives just like the day I drove it off the lot."

Best Truck I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"This is by far the best ruck I have ever owned. I used to think you needed a big Chevy 1 ton or a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram to tow a Bobcat. This Titan does a much better job and drives like a dream. I'll never buy another model truck. This is the best."

BETTER THAN BIG THREE

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"MY 1ST IMPORT, ALWAYS HAD FORDS. VERY HAPPY WITH THE TRUCK AND NISSAN SO FAR. LOTS OF POWER AND COMFORT. WOULD PURCHASE SAME TRUCK AGAIN."

Excellent Truck

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I wanted a nice comfortable vehicle. I needed the utility of a truck. This vehicle is excellent and I believe if you drive it, you will buy it. Already four of my friends have followed my lead. I will have mine for 10 years before I think I will ever consider looking at another TITAN."