2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 859 Ratings for the 2004 - 2015 models.

solid overall

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"i have owned my 04 for about 3 years and have put extensive mileage(99,000) and have had few problems but not terribly major in my opinion...compared to the other large trucks i was looking at at the time i felt that the titan had the most options that others charged extra for just in its base price and with specific trim packages...my problems were like the others which started with the brakes but that was recalled and taken care of..the rear center seat belt continued to lock on me until that was also recalled and taken care of..at about 60k miles my driver side hub assembly had to be replaced which was not covered and at 85k my driver side window motor and regulator had to be replaced, both items were devastatingly expensive and not covered by the 100,000 mile warranty...the cabin is somewhat noisy but not that bad compared to other trucks equal in size and power...the transmission does sound like your doing something wrong sometimes when shifting from drive to reverse(loud clunk sound occasionally, not always)... the exhuast sounds quite impressive, all my friends and family love riding either shotgun or in the extremely roomy rear seats..i have towed a few things and was extremely pleased with the trucks ability to handle pretty much whatever i was towing...all in all i have been pretty pleased with the truck."

2006 and 2011 Titan

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable, plenty of rear seating leg room."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I recently bought my second Titan. I owned a 2006 and put 133,000 miles on it. I have owned six trucks over the years and the Titan is by far my favorite."

Nice vehicle/some issues

By on Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,attractive body,kids love the dvd"

Cons: "Toggle Navigation,no heat in winter"

"I purchased this vechicle new in 2008 because of its features like navigation,bluetooth,heated leather bucket seats,dvd etc. After 1 year,front axle went up,repaired under warranty,bluetooth after 2nd year but dealership wont fix it as I was over 40k miles. They quoted me $700 for repair.At 35k, axle got stuck in 4x4 low mode and wont release.Dealership said I have to put in reverse and then it will release. It worked a few times. Never did that on my toyota?? AT 45k,the heat stopped working ( fan just blows cold). Now at 59k,shocks are gone, I am on my 3rd set of tires at $225 a piece and thinking of either repairing all issues or geting rid of it. Any ideas?"

This truck is great!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

"The Titan has plenty of power and handles like a dream. Unless you're looking for a truck to use for heavy work, the Titan is up to most tasks. And really, if you need more towing capacity, you probably shouldn't be looking at a 1/2 ton pickup."

good but yet some issues

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "awesome acceleration and handling. 4x4 is awesome"

Cons: "cheap interior. aweful gas milage"

"we bought this truck in september of 2011 and it barely had 100,000 miles on it. does okay on gas, but the tundra seems to do better. we had it for two months and it left us stuck on the side of the road. computer went out. nissan said it was a recall and they'd fix it at no cost and pay for the towing. and the interior is so cheap. nice, but cheap. great truck other than that. great acceleration and awesome handling. better than ford, dodge, or gm trucks by far."

Best Truck I've ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "POWER, SPACE, and STYLE"

Cons: "FUEL..."

"I bought my 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE (Dark Gray) with 77,000 miles about 3 years ago. I caught a good deal on it cause it was a trade in and they were sending it to auction. I was specifically looking for a Crew cab titan and I haven't regreted this purchase one bit. I have a wife and two young boys that love to take trips in this vehicle. I'm 6'5 and my wife is 5'11. Both of our boys are above average size for 6 and 4 years old. We never have an issue with cab space like we do in my wifes 2010 Ram 1500 SLT quad cab. My family also includes a 2 year old gread dane named "DUKE" and a dautsan named "OSCAR". The too enjoy riding around town in the back seat along with the kids. PLENTY OF ROOM. PLENTY OF POWER. GREAT LOOKS. I know that the gas mileage isn't very good compared to the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT or my previous 2002 Silverado 1500. But I knew what I was walking into when I purchased a pick-up truck. I've towed many times. I've moved from Texas to California pulling a uhaul trailer in a blizzard. This truck is a beast. Go get yourself a TITAN. You won't regret the purchase. I've only had to change the oil and tires. No major repairs and I drive this like I stole it. Hope this review intrigues you to buy one because it is worth it..."

best pickup Ive ever owned.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "FORD DOESNT DO IT COMPAREING WITH THIS TRUCK . Hm"

"this vehicle continues to amaze me. it has never left me stranded,its durable, I use it like a real truck, hauling, towing in all kinds of weather. still a tight cab, no rattles, shakes, etc. I do all my own standard maintenance. After the break in 3000 miles Ive used only the best synthetic oils,fram oil filters extended use and change the oil every 8000 to 10000 miles. changing more often is just a waste of money.most synthetics were designed to 15000 miles plus. the oil companys are happy to take your money. GREAT TRUCK, IM DRIVING IT TILL IT DIES,OR ME!"

Pro-4Garbage!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reason: unreliable

Pros: "Good looking prior to it rusting, strong engine, factory spray in bed liner"

Cons: "The truck constantly falling apart."

"I bought my 2008 Pro4X brand new. The heater went out within the first 3 weeks in the middle of January. This was followed by several recalls, a blow shock, faulty brake bolts, a caliper fell off once and destroyed the front rim (had to be towed to dealership), rear main seal went (sat in my driveway for 6 weeks as the part was on backorder), passenger side rear door latch would lock up and would finally open after the 3rd pull, a front end rattle that no one could figure out what it was, hood rattled. I could not believe how much trouble this truck gave me, it was the last thing I ever expected from Nissan. The top of both doors where the window/lock buttons are faded to grey, the hood cowl did the same thing. To top it off, the front and rear bumpers were rusting, bad too, the paint flaked right off around both tow hook, that looked real nice. The dealership told me I was beat on this one as the bumpers were not covered under the corrosion warranty. This was beyond unacceptable and the final straw for me with the truck. Good bye Titan and hello Tundra!!!!!"

Been a great truck overall

By on Sunday, August 9, 2009

"We bought this truck new 5 years ago and it has been a good pruchase. It had some recalls over the last 5 years, which the local Nissan dealer has taken care of promptly and courteously. The 04 models were the first year of manufacture of the Titan and they did come with undersized and thin front rotors, which led to warping problems. This defect was recalled and the whole front braking system was replaced/upgraded with larger, thicker rotors and revised calipers, which cured the rotor warping problems. We also had the rear axle seals fail, which were also covered under warranty recently. We now have 75,000-80,000 miles on the truck and it's still rattle-free and the seats are comfortable and have held up well. Other that those problems which were covered under warranty it has been pretty problem-free. I would recommend anyone shopping for a full size truck to go test drive a Titan LE."

this is why dodge is building it in 2011

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"this truck has been in the shop more then on the road i think this is why nissan is having dodge build the new titan"

Love It!

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"I did have the brake shuddering problem that Nissan fixed promptly. (Beefier brakes) It is very comfortable except for when you recline the front seats back. It is the most awkward position I've ever felt, for some reason. The factory exhaust sounds like a muscle car. Performance is great. Very roomy. Interior does seem too plastic-like. I am very happy with this vehicle."

My Third since 2004

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"Excellent Truck, Have a 04 4x4 LE King Cab, a 04 4x4 LE Crew Cab, and a new 2007 SE 4x2. These trucks are comfortable and all have traveled throughout the US with out any problems. All have towed the toyhaulers, Auto transports, boats and 29 ft travel trailer. Cannot find anything to change my mind on the quality and the power this truck provides for the adventureous Home Owner. Still have all three trucks one with 40000 miles, one with 30000 miles and one with 10000 miles. These trucks have all been equipped with ARE Tonnea Cover, Snug Top tonnea Cover and a Snug Top Super Sport Camper Shell. All the above extras have improved the Gas mileage on all of them and provide great convience. I highly recommend this vehicle above all the other trucks out there, better mileage, handling, ride. The truck is like a rock, and out of all of the Full Size Trucks out there this truck has Low Emissions, great gas mileage, loves to tow, never loses power on hills while towing, very comfortable on long rides, very stable on Ice, Snow, mud, gravel, and sand. Great value for what is offered on the market, and excellent service at Nissan to keep them all new. This truck also had the most U.S. made parts, and assembly out of all the trucks on the market and offered the best gas mileage and it is truly a truck built in the USA and for the USA. Current mpg highway on 04 Titan LE KC 17.5pg, 04 Titan LE CC 17 mpg, 07 Titan SE KC 20.5mpg. Check this truck out if you want some true american muscle in your truck !!!"

solid truck best value truck for the money

By on Monday, February 27, 2017

Pros: "great fun to drive lots of power"

Cons: "gas milage could be better"

"I have owned this truck from new, always used syntheic oil from birth in engine and transmission in 231k miles i have replaced a starter at 195k a radiator at 170k and a power window motor on drivers side at 210k it is a everyday driver for me and i use it for towing on a fairly regular basis,the interior has held up well no dash cracks and all is still tight with no rattles at this time. if i ever get tired of this truck it will be a great buy for someone"

Mediocre Quality

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"About a year ago I purchased a Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew Cab SE with 50k miles. I'm very pleased with the pulling power, interior room and outside styling of the truck but very disappointed in the quality of materials and workmanship overall. The interior materials are very. very cheap and the interior is poorly assembled. The Pros: -The suspension is firm, it handles well and it pulls trailers and campers well. -It's very responsive to the throttle with a 300 HP 5.6 V-8. -It looks good. -It's very roomy on the inside. The Cons: -The exhaust is annoyingly loud and has a bad "drone" between 2000 and 3500 RPM (which is where it runs 80% of the time). -The interior materials are very cheap. -The interior is very poorly assembled. -There are *many* squeaks, rattles and buzzes in the doors and dash of this vehicle. Interior squeaks are the number one complaint of Titan owners. -The paint is thin and scratches easily. -The factory bed liner is paper thin and will flake easily. -"Slack" in the transmission and drive line (it thunks when you change gear selection). -The door handles on mine freeze if the outside temp gets below 30 F. If you can overlook the above, or are willing to pay a third party to fix the items above it's not a bad truck but with these problems it's a poor investment. I'm very disappointed in the overall quality of this vehicle and will be selling it soon."

Design and workmanship sub par

By on Thursday, July 28, 2016

"The truck style was attractive and the engine impressive in 2005 when I bought this vehicle.Shortly after I bought it the brakes began to have issues with the rotors warping. Nissan recalled and fixed that issue. Exhaust headers were recalled for cracks but they refuse to fix the second one when it cracked after a few years. I've had to put two radiators in it because the plastic bottoms crack and the radiator fails. The electronics i.e seat position and windows have always been twitchy, ghost in the machine issues working on their own more and more as the vehicle ages. Rear seat belt -recall, fit and finish is poor you can see through the door closure seams Rear end has failed as seems to be an issue with this model. So over all the care is only slightly above poor."

best truck for the price

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "everything is great!"

Cons: "turning radius"

"The only negative thing I can say about this truck is the turning radius. The wheels only turn about 65 to 75 percent. Most Ford F-150's can turn on a dime, but this truck you have to swing wide and does not do well in small parking spaces."

Best Truck in class

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Stronger than other 1/2 Tons, fair mileage,"

Cons: "Small bed, A/C blower motor"

"This has been the best truck in its class. I've done more hauling and towing with this truck that my previous GM trucks could not handle. it may be 1/2 ton rated, but it handles more like a 3/4 ton. The only quirk, the bed is too small. I'd like to have a 6.5' or longer, this only has a 5.5'. The factory A/C blower motor is weak, but if you get the O'Reilly's replacement it will not be an issue. All of my GM trucks have crapped out at 60K, this is the first truck since 1996 that has made it over 100K with very little repairs needed, only the A/C blower motor (3 times), brakess & rotors (3 time) tires, routine maintenance, and about to need new shocks and struts. Recommend replacing factory rotors with high performance rotors to avoid warping issues, especially on the front. Since making this change, I've got about 70K on the brakes and rotors. With factory rotors, because I do a lot of towing/hauling, the front rotors tend to warp about 20K."

better truck all around than my F150 ever was

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT INTERIOR SPACE"

Cons: "SMALLBED"

"142,000 miles looks and drives like new never any problems with it"

great truck

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"its like having a sports car,luxury car and a truck all in one!!!"

Great truck

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "customization endless, great interior packages"

Cons: "poor hp starting, low fuel economy"

"If you're looking for a full sized pick up with a modest amount of power, and drivability look no further. The 2012 V8 titan is a great truck, with 9,500 towing capacity, 317 hp and 385 lbs of torque. While not getting as good gas mileage as other trucks in its class, it still is well worth the price. The extra features available make the truck well worth the loss in power. Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker sound system, with a sub under the drivers seat. Leather interior with red stitching, back up sensors. Also in this truck is a new type of automatic transmission, that makes shifting easier, a VTS (variable timing transmission). You won't feel the vehicle shift through gears in normal driving conditions. Also if you're looking for a new "toy", the titan can be bought new with a nismo exhaust! Or maybe even put on a different one, it has a endless possibilities."

a great vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Power and overall performance, comfort, and style"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This truck has excellent power and performance. Low end torque is great. It is very roomy, comfortable, and has a great appearance. I am well pleased with the purchase. Mine is a 2012. It drives great and my family says it rides great. Could be better on fuel economy."

Has been reliable and cheap to own.

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Owned for 7.5 years. I have only replaced rear brake pads, tires every 45K, 1 battery, and reccomended maintenance. Overall MPG 15.5"

Civil contractor

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"great truck more like luxury car. 65,000.mile first year not one problem. i drive it hard.. i bought the extended warranty, waste of money i haven't been able to use it for anything.. super power GAS mileage, not so good.. cant seem to get more then 16.7 highway.. 13. city.. factory spray liner , thin but ok, rear storage door behind rear wheel! great idea. should be bigger, cant even fit size 10.5 work boots.. I have been a Tahoe guy for the last 15 year till now"

This has been the best truck we have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "interior room, towing capacity, bed extender gate"

Cons: "nothing"

"We have been really happy with this truck. Prior to purchasing this vehicle I would not have believed that we would have owned anything that wasn't made by GM or Ford. The room especially in the back seat is amazing. We pull a boat, hay wagons, and an equipment trailer without any issue. Our truck is our "family car" and has over 190,000 miles."

Great vehicle .... except the rear end

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

"Great truck, two things to watch out for: Rear end is expensive to replace especially at 70,000 miles(common problem) and the coolant reserve cap should be replaced about every 30,000 miles (cost me a radiator at 40,000MI). Other than that ...... it is an awesome truck."