2013 Nissan Sentra

7.4

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10

Best car for Value

By on Friday, January 12, 2018

"I own another vehicle, the 2017 RDX which I love and I also love the 2018 nissan sentra SR that I purchased for my teen child. I gave the RDX for my child to drive since I feel it is much stronger and safer. I now have been driving the 2018 Nissan Sentra and I have to say I love it. It is very comfortable, and nice looking for the size. I have had no problems and I dont understand why it has a low rating. Better than expected! I have owned a Honda Civic and I like the Nissan Sentra as much as I like the Civic."

awesome car . had to trade my Nissan 350 z.for gas

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "great gas milage clean upholstery extra trunk s"

Cons: "no cons on this car 37 miles to a gallon of gas"

"Love this car ,but I traded my favorite car for better gas milage"

Not blown away

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pros: "Great interior, large spacious trunk, ECO/Sport"

Cons: "Transmission iffy, Repairs already needed,"

"Let me start by saying I love my cars interior and design, really big spacious trunk, good tech options and the ECO/Sport options... but mechanically I have not felt confident in this cars lasting-power since not too long after it was purchased. Bought this car with 5k miles, put 31k on it since... Last month I had to have my entire shifter replaced as my car was getting stuck in park and nothing could make it budge! Early into owning the car, I took it to the dealer as it sounded and felt like my car was having a hard time shifting upon initial acceleration... When driving with the tech, he agreed it sounded and felt off and he actually did warn me that they received a lot of this make that come back with transmission issues, RED FLAG! That's a Nissan tech telling me that!... Low and behold they couldn't recreate the issue and nothing was fixed. They told me it was likely the new transmissions they are using that are supposed to shift differently. I have always been a Toyota driver, When my last car was totaled after someone hit me, I had a hard time finding a replacement in my budget. I chose this car as I've been told you can't go wrong with Japanese cars if you take care of them. I have stayed up to date on my oil changes, brakes, etc...but it's the bigger before mentioned issues that concern me. I will note also that the periodical routine maintenance (5k miles, 10k, etc) do seem to be very pricey at the dealership as well for what they do. I just don't have confidence in this car long term and will likely trade it in for a Toyota soon. In general I don't think cars are built like they used to be, but that's just my thinking."

Drives well, nice features and MPG

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Attractive car, great MPG and spacious interior"

Cons: "Navigation updates are expensive ($150 a year)"

"(Review note: Apparently KBB does not like line breaks in its reviews, so this will look like one big block of text. Terribly sorry about that.) After test driving the Mazda 3, Chevy Cruze and Nissan Sentra, I ultimately decided on the Sentra SL for nice interior, drive quality and city MPG. Car and Driver hated this car, claiming its weak horsepower makes it "not fun to drive." If twitchy, overly sensitive gas pedals are your definition of "fun to drive," then by all means get a Mazda 3. There was nothing wrong with the Cruze, but just too small for a guy my height. If you like middle of the road handling that gives you the ability to gun it when you want to or drive conservatively, then you'll like this Sentra. Exterior: The exterior has a classy, almost luxury-car style. My SL has a very attractive silver trim around the doors and windows. The look, as Car and Driver points out, is somewhere between a Versa and an Altima. This is not a negative point - it looks better than a Versa and not quite as cool as an Altima, but close. If you get the SR package, you get a rear spoiler that looks pretty nice but serves no practical purpose. The keyless features are very cool and make sure you never have to take your key out of your pocket. For me, the car is perfectly sized, being incredibly roomy while still being a compact. Interior - Driver controls: The steering wheel is pretty standard, but nothing to complain about. I do agree with previous reviewers that the gauges are a little bit dated (digital MPH would have been nice), but the Sentra does have a screen for your odometer, trip calculators, average and current MPG, and even current gas pedal throttle, which shows you what range you should be in for optimum gas efficiency. The auto lights are convenient but don't be an idiot like me - if your parking lights are on and your headlights are set to auto, then your headlights will be always on. Interior - Technology: I got the Navigation package, which includes a nicely sized screen with GPS navigation. The screen doubles as a radio/bluetooth/MP3 player controller, so I'm not sure how those would work without it. Scrolling through the radio is very easy, and the steering wheel has a switch for going up and down preset stations. I guess this is supposed to replace the Scan function, because as far as I can tell the Sentra with navigation does not have it (in a lot of radios, pressing the Scan button will find the next good station, let you listen to it for a few seconds, and then continue to the next one). This might just be an error on my part though. You can play your music through Bluetooth, which is a very nice feature since I buy all my music on my phone with Amazon MP3, so it's great to be able to play them all as soon as I enter my car. Any music app you have will work since the audio is just piped through Bluetooth. I haven't tried these features but you can play songs on a USB stick or hard drive, which is very cool and I imagine would be great for a road trip with friends. The default sound system is nice, bassy and clear. I do not have the Bose system but I imagine its great. The rear view camera is extremely convenient, especially when backing out of crowded shopping areas. The guide markers show you approximately how close objects are to you - be aware that these markers are aligned to the ground. It works very well in low light or no light situations. The GPS navigation I believe is TomTom. It takes about 30 seconds to calculate a route to a given location. It is pretty accurate and I have no complaints, but it would have been nice if it showed the speed limit for the area. It does show you which freeway lanes you need to be in, which I have found convenient. Updated navigation packs from Nissan are a little annoying: they charge $150 dollars for an SD card that contains the current year's up-to-date maps. I could go out and spend less than $100 bucks on a Garmin with lifetime updates, or just use my phone's free built in and always up-to-date maps. Voice commands work well and are pretty spot on. It has the ability to send texts but only a limited number of canned responses, so no real speech-to-text like that found in Siri or Google Now. It will read your texts however, which I use all the time. Interior - Space: There is plenty of leg room in the front and the back. I was able to fit 3 people in the back without any awkward scrunching together. I imagine this would make it a good family car. The trunk space is also gigantic, large enough for me to climb inside it and shut it. Driving: I hit the speed limit dead on when I drive, so I'm not that bent up over acceleration or 0-to-60 speeds. I've been 75+ on the freeway and live in a town where most roads have a speed limit of 50 and have had no trouble keeping up or hitting the limit, and could certainly outpace them if I choose. The wheel feels tight and just sensitive enough to feel like you have a lot of fine control. Accelerating is smooth and nice. The car is pretty isolated from the road - I know KBB said it's not as isolated from the road as the Cruze, but my experience was the opposite. Maybe my model is different from what they tested with. There is no option for changing gears (because there are no "gears" in the Sentra thanks to the continuous variable tranmission). I certainly don't care about this because I loves me some automatic, but others seem to. The car has an Eco mode, which makes the engine essentially weaker, therefore theoretically using less gas. I'm not sure if the mode is actually useful. It may make the engine weaker, but it doesn't make the engine more efficient - it really just forces you to accelerate slower. If you to turn on the mode that shows you pedal throttle position and try to hit the green range, you will accelerate painfully slowly, potentially annoying the people behind you. Like I said, where I live the speed limit is 50, so if you live in a place where the limit is lower then you might benefit from this. I've been just a tad disappointed with the MPG of the car - if I really pay attention to accelerating slowly, then I can get 30+ city. If not, then I will get around 24-26. Maybe I just need to work on accelerating optimally. On the highway however, I get 42+ MPG, 45 if traffic is moving along the whole way. This is much better than expected and I'm pretty darn happy with this. All in all, great car, very minor negatives. If you're in the market for spending around ~22000 on a car, then this, the Mazda3, Chevy Cruze, Hyundai Elentra and Ford Focus are probably all in your list - the Sentra is a huge contender I ultimately ended up with it and am very happy with my decision."

For The Price, I Made The Right Choice

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Focus on the drivers experience, not eye candy."

Cons: "Brisk wind moves car at higher speed."

"I like my Sentra SV, a lot. Slow, but nice economy. I dont need to win speed duels. Interior focus on quality and business-like look is consistent throughout. Large bright white gauges with large functional driver information center provide me with an easy driving experience. Color on driver information center pleasing to my eyes. Radio display is smaller and graphics not flashy. Does what it needs to do nicely, provide information. The near cinema display I had in my last car was a distraction to me at night. Cloth seats look great and, to me, are very comfortable. Padding on door and center arm rests, again, add to the comfortable driving experience. Steering wheel is first class for this kind of car in terms of feel, which again adds to nice driving experience. Gets a bit noisy inside on freeway. Strong winds will move the car at freeway speeds is biggest negative. Tall stance and narrower tires may cause this. The narrower tires allowed it to handle tough snowy conditions extremely well last winter. I feel ride is overall smooth, but rougher road bumps are definitely felt and heard. Cloth seats, to me, are attractive and very comfortable. Trunk is a dream for a car this size as is leg room (length-wise). Car and interior width are narrower than some of the competition, but benefit is easy to park. I think the exterior is attractive and front end makes it stand out. For the negotiated price, very, very pleased. After having it a little bit now, I would have paid more and been happy. Not a car for those who like flash and flair on the inside. I spend 2-3 hours driving daily for work and my last car had the large radio display, bright center stack with lot of buttons, flashy dials, lots of styling with cheaper plastics and fashionable wider tires. The flash and suspect snow handling wore thin. This car will not. Great deal in more ways than one."