2013 Nissan Sentra

7.5

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

7.6/10
    7.3/10

Terrible Front Seats

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Front Drivers Seat/ Armrest"

"I purchased this car one week ago on March 25, 2013. I traded down from a 2011 Nissan Altima Special Edition. I dont expect it to completely compare to an Altima as I realize that they are very much different cars. So, far, I love my Sentra...the gas mileage is unbelievable...but the front drivers seat is one of the most uncomfortable that I have ever experienced. It was not appreant in the short test drive...especially when your comapring all the different features. I became noticefull the first day after driving it for about an hour. Now, my low back feels pressure and numb each time that I dive it more than 30 minutes. In addition, the armrest/Console is too low and back to far. It feels as though it nonexistent."

I love it!

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, roomy, great on gas"

Cons: "Armrest unusable"

"I've only had the car a few weeks now but I absolutely love it. There's a ton of room in this thing for a small sedan. I have the SR with the driver's package which has the push button start, iPod hookup, and Bluetooth which are the main features I was interested in. I'm getting 33mpg avg right now and it keeps getting better each week. Overall the ride is smooth with very little road noise in my opinion. If you're looking for something roomy, affordable, and good on gas this is it. I wii come back and update after I've had the car a little longer."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "great price, mpg, style, and features. roomy"

Cons: "can be noisy on inclines, certainly not sporty"

"I chose the SL trim fully loaded and I gotta say, this car is fantastic for my needs. Averaging 36 MPG and rising every day I drive. Love the look of both the exterior and interior. I've seen a lot of reviews saying this car is grossly under powered, but I really don't think those assessments are fair. It certainly isn't a sports car, but for a normal commute, it has perfectly reasonable pick up and go. It can be a little noisy on steep inclines, but with the radio on, you don't even notice it. Plus, it sips the fuel!!! With all the features, space, and fuel economy this car offers, it's a real bargain for those who want the upscale look without the upscale price."

Not blown away

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pros: "Great interior, large spacious trunk, ECO/Sport"

Cons: "Transmission iffy, Repairs already needed,"

"Let me start by saying I love my cars interior and design, really big spacious trunk, good tech options and the ECO/Sport options... but mechanically I have not felt confident in this cars lasting-power since not too long after it was purchased. Bought this car with 5k miles, put 31k on it since... Last month I had to have my entire shifter replaced as my car was getting stuck in park and nothing could make it budge! Early into owning the car, I took it to the dealer as it sounded and felt like my car was having a hard time shifting upon initial acceleration... When driving with the tech, he agreed it sounded and felt off and he actually did warn me that they received a lot of this make that come back with transmission issues, RED FLAG! That's a Nissan tech telling me that!... Low and behold they couldn't recreate the issue and nothing was fixed. They told me it was likely the new transmissions they are using that are supposed to shift differently. I have always been a Toyota driver, When my last car was totaled after someone hit me, I had a hard time finding a replacement in my budget. I chose this car as I've been told you can't go wrong with Japanese cars if you take care of them. I have stayed up to date on my oil changes, brakes, etc...but it's the bigger before mentioned issues that concern me. I will note also that the periodical routine maintenance (5k miles, 10k, etc) do seem to be very pricey at the dealership as well for what they do. I just don't have confidence in this car long term and will likely trade it in for a Toyota soon. In general I don't think cars are built like they used to be, but that's just my thinking."

Good value for the money, and looks upscale!

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Price and value and new design look"

Cons: "Initial engine pick up, or lack of it."

"I was in the market after driving a 95 Honda Civic for years. I checked a few models, Prius, Honda Fit and Chevy Cruze, ect and was floored by the Sentra SR. The features and styling makes it look indeed like a "mini-altima", for thousands less. Now, I was not use to the CVT tansmission, nor the 130 hp 1.8 liter engine. If there is a drawback to the car... it is the initial lackluster performance. You will not win any races trying to reach 30-40 speed. After it reaches past that and gains momentum on the highway it is a pleasure to drive. I like the electronic power steering, makes a big difference to me. That being said, the flip side is great gas mileage, combined 33 mpg so far. Now, this car is big....really! The back seat and trunk surprising roommie. I believe the US classes it as a Mid-Size, or it should. Interior materials are well laid out, though looks of no frills, but the quality is there. I find the seat very comfortable and have no issues like some others. I bought the SR model with bluetooth, spoiler, and sport alloy wheels...sharp! Without question, this is a commuter car. I hope it is as trouble free as my 95 Honda Civic was."