2013 Nissan Sentra

7.5

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10

For The Price, I Made The Right Choice

By on Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pros: "Focus on the drivers experience, not eye candy."

Cons: "Brisk wind moves car at higher speed."

"I like my Sentra SV, a lot. Slow, but nice economy. I dont need to win speed duels. Interior focus on quality and business-like look is consistent throughout. Large bright white gauges with large functional driver information center provide me with an easy driving experience. Color on driver information center pleasing to my eyes. Radio display is smaller and graphics not flashy. Does what it needs to do nicely, provide information. The near cinema display I had in my last car was a distraction to me at night. Cloth seats look great and, to me, are very comfortable. Padding on door and center arm rests, again, add to the comfortable driving experience. Steering wheel is first class for this kind of car in terms of feel, which again adds to nice driving experience. Gets a bit noisy inside on freeway. Strong winds will move the car at freeway speeds is biggest negative. Tall stance and narrower tires may cause this. The narrower tires allowed it to handle tough snowy conditions extremely well last winter. I feel ride is overall smooth, but rougher road bumps are definitely felt and heard. Cloth seats, to me, are attractive and very comfortable. Trunk is a dream for a car this size as is leg room (length-wise). Car and interior width are narrower than some of the competition, but benefit is easy to park. I think the exterior is attractive and front end makes it stand out. For the negotiated price, very, very pleased. After having it a little bit now, I would have paid more and been happy. Not a car for those who like flash and flair on the inside. I spend 2-3 hours driving daily for work and my last car had the large radio display, bright center stack with lot of buttons, flashy dials, lots of styling with cheaper plastics and fashionable wider tires. The flash and suspect snow handling wore thin. This car will not. Great deal in more ways than one."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "lots of space"

"6 Months ago, I traded my 2011 Nissan Sentra S for a 2013 Sentra SV. It came with the drivers package and the navigation page. I then talked my dealer into adding aftermarket leather (for 500 USD) and tinting (150 USD) This was the better option for me rather than spend the extra grand and get an SL model. (I have a spoiler and the SR rims on order) That is what I've added to the car. Now to the good stuff, the car handles very well. I have taken this car from Miami all the way to Chicago. The front seat did get a little uncomfortable, but the gas mileage was clocking in at 55.5 mpg! I get 38.5 in the city. I take this car to my university everyday (30 miles there and back) and I can go a solid week on a full tank of gas. How I get those numbers is by emptying out the car. I have taken everything out, I do not leave things in the trunk or the back seat. I even removed the spare tire. (I put run flats on my car)I tested the plus and premium gas for 2 weeks. Then after I went back to regular gas, my mpg went up. The CVT, is not noisy if you do not floor it. Even when you merge on the highway. If you slowly step on the gas and have the radio on, you will not hear it. People tend to forget that it is not a sports car. It does have one of the lowest (if not the lowest) horsepower in the segment. But it does get great gas millage. You can't have both, if you want a performance car that will go fast, then you tend to lose the great gas millage. People want both and as of right now, you can't get both. As far as looks, the Sentra wins the compact segment hands down. (my opinion) The LED lights in the front make it look like a premium car without breaking the bank. The interior has a lot of upgraded features that will make you feel like you are in a different car. I find that the materials in the car are not as hard as other cars have. (hard plastic) Overall, this is commuter car. That is it. It wants to get you from point A to point B; and that is exactly what it does. I have had no problems with the car since I bought it. If there are any problems or concerns I have, I take it to my dealership and they fix it. They loaded me up with warranty's on the car so I am covered if anything should happen. Here is my recommendation, do the research. There may be bad reviews of this car and that may make you change your mind about it. But don't let it. Go out and test drive this car, even the other cars in the compact segment. There are so many to choose from. Get a feel for the car, people will have negative reviews about every car on the market. Because every once in awhile a "lemon" car slips through and it is an awful car that you can't stand. So you end up hating it until you can get rid of it. Do not expect this car to go fast, it will disappoint you. Do not be fooled in to buying the upper trim models because they come with something the you want. (you can always get aftermarket like I did and it has saved me money) If you want the upper trims than get it. It is a great little car and I am very pleased with my decision. You can't beat the great mpg, especially since it's not a hybrid car. It is worth every penny to me."

City Car

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "price, comfort, features, interior and boot volume"

Cons: "acceleration from stop, ride a little stiff"

"We bought a new 2013 Sentra SV w/navi and alloy wheels. The car is smooth and super efficient. However, remember it's not an Altima even though it looks closely like one and hence is slow to pick up or accelerate. We found no problems with entering freeways or ramps, however this usually happens from about driving at 40-50mph. Accelerating from traffic stops though is a little pain. More so in the ECO mode. In the 256 miles we drove, we reached about 29.8mpg in combined driving conditions (starting from 26) and expect it to go higher. The interiors are huge and ride is smooth, if not a little stiff but we are upgrading from a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant so hey no complaints on that! The voice recognition is spotty and we are yet to figure out a way to train the system. The boot space is awesome, rear cam is good. Be mindful of the rear view/blindspots. The rear (C-pillars I presume) could block out some of the view and the high boot reduces the view (but most new cars are like this). For the money, it is worth it. Though, 256 is still relatively new. Would wait to see how it performs further."

Best car value

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "smaller cup holders, low elbow rest"

"I have driven this car for almost 5 months now, im very happy with it. I like the fuel efficiency and driving maneuverability, easy driving, and all the technology for 16K vehicle, average about 29.8 mpg combined."

Good value for the money, and looks upscale!

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Price and value and new design look"

Cons: "Initial engine pick up, or lack of it."

"I was in the market after driving a 95 Honda Civic for years. I checked a few models, Prius, Honda Fit and Chevy Cruze, ect and was floored by the Sentra SR. The features and styling makes it look indeed like a "mini-altima", for thousands less. Now, I was not use to the CVT tansmission, nor the 130 hp 1.8 liter engine. If there is a drawback to the car... it is the initial lackluster performance. You will not win any races trying to reach 30-40 speed. After it reaches past that and gains momentum on the highway it is a pleasure to drive. I like the electronic power steering, makes a big difference to me. That being said, the flip side is great gas mileage, combined 33 mpg so far. Now, this car is big....really! The back seat and trunk surprising roommie. I believe the US classes it as a Mid-Size, or it should. Interior materials are well laid out, though looks of no frills, but the quality is there. I find the seat very comfortable and have no issues like some others. I bought the SR model with bluetooth, spoiler, and sport alloy wheels...sharp! Without question, this is a commuter car. I hope it is as trouble free as my 95 Honda Civic was."