2009 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

very spacious for its size

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, spacious, can fit family of 5."

Cons: "no cons."

"I bought this vehicle as a replacement for an SUV, when the prices of gas hit $5.00 in some areas of California. The first thing that amazed me was how easily I was able to fit my 3 children's car seats in the rear seats. You'll also find plenty of leg room, without sacrificing trunk space ( I still don't know how Nissan accomplished this ). and it's very comfortable, it retains its value pretty good. and haven't replaced a single mechanical part (knock on wood) since I bought it in 2008. not too much acceleration is the only bad news, but hey, I bought this car for the economical aspects, so I guess that was my choice."

purchased 2010 CPO for 4G under KBB, w/ 16,500 mi

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "good car for the money, save $ if you go CPO instead of brand new"

Cons: "aux issue with stereo (see review below)"

"I got the SL version with rockford fosgate speakers, backup cam, VDC, traction control, sliding sun roof, and spoiler. On my 3rd sentra (had 07 base, 08 sub S) my 07 had tree land on it - totaled, my 08 got rear ended by pick up truck - totaled. Excellent rear collision safety, truck was going 35mph. Never had any issues, I bought extended wrap warranty with $100 deductible so I never have to worry about anything breaking. The only bad thing I noticed with my SL model is that during the morning until car warms up the stereo likes to keep switching to aux mode on its own."

Love my Sentra- all around great car

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"I bought my Sentra brand new in 2007, since then I've put around 40k miles on it. I love the new body style, the colors, the interior is laid out great, keyless entry is a lifesaver & the ipod outlet is an awesome feature that even my husband's Mercedes doesn't have! We've been on many road trips in the car, including one with 2 people in the back and about a weeks worth of luggage for 4 in the trunk for 7+ hours and everyone was comfortable. As of today August 16, '10 it cost me $33 to fill up and driving around the city, that will last me up to 12 days. Even though about 2 weeks after I bought the car I was rear ended by someone going 60 mph, the car wasn't totaled & I didn't get whiplash or any pains.. I would say it is a pretty safe car. To this day I've had no problems with the frame of the car. I JUST had to buy a new battery a week ago & will need new tires soon, but I've been driving it for about 3.5 years with no problems! I intend on paying the car off & keeping it as long as I can.. I love it."

Love this car

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"I bought this 2010 Nissan Sentra S for my daughter who has just graduated from college. We love this car! The convenience package is awesome. Features we really love are the Bluetooth, direct IPOD connection and keyless entry. It is so nice not worry about her holding on to a cell phone! She actually drives with two hands again! She loves how quiet and smooth the ride is! Now her Mom is thinking about getting one! No reason to spend additional dollars on an Altima or Maxima. Also I am tall at 5'9" and feel very comfortable in front or back seat. Excellent so far! Can't rate mechanics yet because it is still too new."

Great for commuting

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"I bought this car because I had a 2008 Jeep Wrangler (piece of junk and horrible gas milage) and I needed a reliable car to get to and from work. I purchased it in September 2008 and the only problem I had was with the power window switch, I had to have it replaced. Other than that it's a great car, comfortable, great gas milage, very reliable, lots of options, I would definetly recommend this car."