2008 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Excellent Reliability

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years. It was a 'demo' car, and had 4,000 miles when I purchased. I have had no issues with it at all. It is always a pleasure to drive, and I can usually fit everything I need in the trunk with the back seat folded down. My previous ride was a truck, so this took some getting used to - but I have been pleased with how much it can do and how much it can carry. I also have a tow hitch on it and move a small boat a couple of times a year. Really nice car and great on gas! It only needs to be fed once a month, which I really love."

great overall car, enjoyable to the max

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Cons: "passenger seat can not change sitting height"

"I have really enjoyed the car. It hugs the road at high speeds easy to control, take off power is terrific, if you need that extra boost of speed for any reason this vehicle will increase fast and not with the drag that can be felt with some cars. So easy to maintain at high speeds on the interstate that it is so very fun to drive"

very good

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "good mileage and pick up"

Cons: "little small"

"I originally bought it for my mother who was 80 years old. She loves the car because of the no key feature. She could leave keys in purse and was able to unlock and start the car. She like the drivabily of the car. It is fairing quick and get excellent mileage. very dependable"

Don't buy this Car!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"I can't keep this car out of the shop. It has been in the shop 6 times in less than 1 year due to the airbag system malfunctioning. The ABS system makes loud bumping noises when you start off driving. I was told this was due to where the ABS actuator was located. Insurance is higher on this vehicle than my American made car that costs twice as much. Very dissatified with this vehicle. Will never own another one!"

I will buy my lease.

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Some have mistaken my black Sentra for a Cadillac CTS."

Cons: "Interior lighting is from one over head bulb."

"Good value for the money. I like the smooth transmission. The paint for the trim and wheel rims is wearing off after 36 months. But, driving on the beach can do that."

A Great Car

By on Friday, July 15, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Steering well a bit choppy."

"I bought this car with 51,000 miles on it and it drives and handles great. It looks like a new car. I love the bluetooth feature. I previously owned an 2002 Olsmobile Alero but it was horrible. This car was a step up. Great gas mileage and handles very well."

I Love my car!

By on Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pros: "little upkeep, excellent gas saver"

Cons: "the tire pressure reader drives me crazy in winter"

"I purchased my Sentra to drive something other than a Honda. I am glad I chose this car. I can't live without the instruments telling how many miles I have before I have to fill up, average miles, etc. Car runs great. I haven't had any problems-maintenance free since I purchased the car-2008. I have gone on trips over 400 miles and I make it to my destination without having to fill up. When we take my husband's sedan, we have to fill up almost twice! The Sentra allows me the mobility to zip through traffic with a feeling of security and ease."

Love this car

By on Friday, May 27, 2011

Pros: "space"

"This car gets great gas mileage and is always reliable. The only thing I would complain about is the interior. The fabric on the seats is kinda cheap and wears down quickly. Overall a great commuter car for me!"

Great mpg

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I purchased my '11 Sentra SR new in January. I never planned on buying a Nissan product, but after test driving new Toyota's, Honda's and Mazda's, I thought this was the best deal for the price and the great mpg I was looking for. I already have over 9,000 miles on it and I am very pleased with my purchase. My commute to work everyday is 60+ miles, and I have been on a few long road trips. This Sentra is very comfortable and fun to drive. I average 33 mpg and it has great performance on the highway. The only thing it lacks is take off performance from a dead stop. My last car was a BMW so maybe my expectations are a little too high?"

Not sure yet

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"2011 Sentra with 10 miles on it and it has a big noise coming from THE ABS brake control unit....when you first start out , there is a wump,wump,wump,wump, ...Took it back to the dealer,,they contacted NISSON AND they said that they were aware of some units making this noise in the ABS system,,,BUT THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD NOT REPLACE THE NOISY UNIT, THAT I WOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT...I PRICED A NEW UNIT TO SEE IF I COULD AFFORD TO REPLACE IT MY SELF,,PARTS SAID $ 1500. dollars,,,SO BACK TO NISSON I WENT ,,AS OF4-14-2011 Iam waiting for a answer....THis my 3 rd Nisson and depending on what help comes may be time to move on to some thing else....."

Zippy little car

By on Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I love my new Sentra. I have been driving the 2011 Sentra SR for about two months and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have read good, bad and neutral reviews about CVT, but I love it. It helps you drive up and down hills without having to wait for your car to shift and pick up speed. A lot of times, I can see the Civic falling behind through my rear view mirror, while I can zoom up a steep hill while keeping my RPM 2500-3000 during the hill climb. Also CVT allows you to drive in stop and go traffic while keeping RPM low and thus helping on the fuel efficiency bit. A lot of my highway merging is via an yield or a stop sign and the Sentra can accelerate fairly fast to get to highway speed from zero/low speed. I learned to drive with an Acura and a Lexus, and honestly, there is a great deal of difference between those and this Sentra. However, those cars also cost about 30k more. I test drove an Elantra and a Civic, and I loved the Sentra the best. Civic is overrated, it's way more expensive for the safety and performance. Elantra's brakes and acceleration just didn't work for me. Another great thing about the Sentra's safety is its built in slip-indicator. It allows you to focus on the driving during bad weather and not have to constantly worry whether or not you might be slipping. If the indicator starts flashing, take foot off the gas, and you are safe! Overall I think it's a great car to have if you are looking for something that is hassle-free, good on gas and does not feel that it's going to fall apart in highway speeds. I love this car, and I think it is a great value purchase specially when you put together Nissan's ~2k incentives (additional $500 if you are a recent college grad). Enjoy the zippy ride!"

By on Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"I bought this car new in 08 with 26 miles on it.I now have 38000 on it I have no complaints at all .I have expierienced no problems at all and the average mpg is about 28 however i have gotten as high as 40 mpg on the highway.however with 4 peple in it the highway is about 34 mpg . the sentra is aheavier car than the corolla by about 300 pounds and has a lot more cabin space ,soI think it competes very well."

Good overall compact car

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"If the purpose for getting a new vehicle is small, fuel efficient and comfortable, then this new Sentra fits the bill. I got a good price on mine and well equipped. I have the 2.0 SR which came with traction control and bluetooth for about $17k. Took it CA from AZ with 4 yo. and a 10 month old and no complaints from either of them. And as expected, we took a lot of baby stuff including a play pen and a stroller and it all fit. Its not a fast car but it is very nimble. I was able to try it on CA mountain roads and it handled it very well."

2007 sentra

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Bought this brand new in 07. I currently have 104,500 on it. Gas milage is around 29 combination city/hwy. I can get 31 if I lighten up on the gas pedal. I had to replace the enging at 70k. Two cylnders went bad, coincendance it was just after the warrenty expired. Nissan could not give a reason for the breakdown. All maintenance was performed. Still I think it is a good little car. I would highly recommend the package with the bluetooth. It runs quietly and smoothly and I have no problems with doing 80 + (escept for the State police). Wish they would extend their warrenties like several other manufactors are doing."

Great car for the cost.

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I worked at Nissan for 3 years as a mechanic and will say the 2008 Sentra is one of the best cars I have own. It's small and my not have alot of power but is a great little family car while it could still be good for a college student. And Shell gas is awesome in it, I drive all week for more than half the day and the tank needs filled only once at the end of the week."

Good Value

By on Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Not a Hiccup in 50K miles in two years. Nissan maximized useable space with useful storage areas. I average a combined 31MPG and on 3,000 mile trip averaged 35.6. Coming from a much larger luxury car I have been pleasantly surprised. The only thing I could complain about is the floor mats were not of good quality, I ordered highend mats. Not much of a complaint is it."

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Great high performance car for good price"

Economical and Reliable

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"All in all, it's been a very reliable and economical vehicle. I've driven this car for a year and a half doing home health and put 40,000 miles on it with no troubles whatsoever. My major complaint with the car is the comfort. I have yet to find a seat height to my liking and the tilt steering is minimal at best."

Very good reliability

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"The overall rating is 5 stars, the only bad thing is the MPG. Eventhough it doe's not get what the sticker saids around 33,32 more like 28 to 30. That is driving 70 80 mph."

great car but there may be better

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"this was my new car and i really like it. we traded in an 04 grand prix gtp for it due to gas mileage and my wife can see out of the sentra better. pros: pretty good on gas, comfortable, quiet, good value for what the average everyday driver needs, good reputation for reliability, and lifetime powertrain warranty. cons: the electric steering sucks when on the hwy, it tends to act like it is out of alignment but isnt and when turning in somewhere and letting go of the wheel to straighten back up it like bounces back and forth and you have to learn to hold on the the wheel and let the wheel come back slowly , the armrest is too low and set back to far, the interior is nissan like (cheap silver painted stuff), keyless entry requires you to be like 15 feet from the car for it too work, the stock speakers lack the highs (sounds a lil muddy) and gas cap is on passenger side (i just hate that myself lol) other than those small cons it is an excellent car."

By on Saturday, August 8, 2009

"This is a good compact car.Which is good on gas. This car has lots of room. 4 passengers can sit comfortable. Front seats are good for your back support. The seats ajust. I had this car 3 years. And I still love it. I highly recommend this to all. My car has blue tooth in it,plus antilock brakes,alloy wheels & extra wide tires which is good for more control of the car. Good value for the money. Nissan is a good product. These cars can last along time. SO BUY ONE TODAY! FROM SUNDANCE"

Love the way it drives!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Love how it drives and the smoothness of the transmission!!! Excellent!!! The seats are very comfortable for driving long trips. It has lots of back seat leg room! Love the car overall!"

Great little car

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I am an SUV guy, but was forced to buy a "fuel efficient" car due to my drive to work. It was between a Honda Civic and the Nissan Altima, until I came across the Sentra which I call a shrunken Altima. Great little car with a decent back seat which I need for my little boys. Nice trunk space. Great Air conditioning (I live in AZ). The 4 banger engine has some pep and I like the new transmittion Nissan came out with that you can't feel the gear change. Handles nicely and great on gas!! I feel safe in it as well."

The car that thought it could

By on Saturday, September 20, 2008

"when originally engineering the sentra, The main concern was fuel economy. what they came up with was a concept of a bug shaped car with mediocre fuel economy and slow responsive handling. Toyota's corolla has a much more sleek disign, much better fuel economy, overall more space and a better value. i paid 19,500 for my nissan sentra in october of 2007, today on kelley blue book it is worth only 11,550. i get roughly about 22 miles per gallon in the city and about 26 in the city. now the sentra does have a very nice interior but is a little cluttered. My recommendation is if you are on a budget go with the corolla, but if you can afford the SE-R it is a completely better choice than the base model or s model. I love nissans and despise toyotas but I have to give it to them on this one."

could mine be a lemon?

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I purchased the Sentra R Spec V over the civic due to more horses... should have kept my stance with my husband and made him get a honda. after one month, started having 'hesitation' issues, per dealer, seems to be a misfire somewhere, but when i took it in, they could not replicate issue. drove good for two weeks, then back to square one. I want a Civic!! I hope I have some recourse on this. Never thought Nissan could make lemons."