2006 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 818 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Good car. 3rd sentra we have owned,

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, good power fun to drive,"

Cons: "Quality of paint and seats poor"

"Very dependable, great gas mileage, fun to drive, doesn't do well in snow needs snow tires, exterior poor quality paint job and interior seats cheap"

Sentra 1.8S

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"We bought this car new in 2005 and overall it has been great. We HAVE had a few minor problems, one dealing with the paint on the passenger side mirror and the accessory belt. Both of those problems happened in the first 10000 miles and now we are at 33000 and have had no other problems. The paint on the mirror chipped and started peeling in the carwash! We took it in and they repainted it under warranty but the dealer was less than helpful. They almost didn't let us have a loaner while they took their sweet time getting it repainted. Later it started peeling again but not as bad and since it's just plastic we didn't worry about it much since it was just a small spot. After that our accessory belt started shearing and only half of it was intact. The dealer has problems fixing it so we just stormed out of their door and took our car to another dealer who gladly took our car in, under warranty, and fixed the problem within minutes. Since then there have been no problems and we have been happy with the car. The little 1.8L has a lot of 'go' in it and gets good gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone as it definitely gives you the right bang for your buck."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pros: "great price, works"

Cons: "still thinking of one...."

"i have owned this car for almost eleven years and it has never let me down. It had a throttle body issue during the warranty period and was repaired by Nissan. It is a utilitarian vehicle. No frills, but does what alot of people want form a car, it works and gets you from point a to point b. Very low cost to own, i change the oil 3 times a year, do basic maintenance when needed. I am very satisfied with the purchase i made."

Great vehicle, but a little uncomfortable

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Gas Mileage is great. Low maintenance. Economical."

Cons: "Lacks comfort for driver"

"I have a manual transmission and averaged over 41mpg with the original tires, which lasted almost 70,000 miles. When I replaced them with all-season tires, my mileage dropped to about 39mpg. Other than routine maintenance, the car has not required any maintenance work. My only complaints have been about comfort. There is no room for an adult, or even teen, in the back seat. The driver's seat is tolerable, but not really comfortable. There is inadequate in leg space (width). The clutch and gas pedals do not seem well designed. I have to stretch to push the clutch down or the gas pedal is high enough to crowd my knee. They should have put the gas pedal deeper, like the clutch. As I mentioned earlier it gets gas mileage that rivaled some hybrids of its day. With gas prices being so high, this is really a fantastic economy car."

Great, dependable car for the money!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage is great."

Cons: "It doesn't do very good in the snow."

"Ten years and 130,000 miles and the only down time was for a factory recall. Excellent gas mileage. Have averged 33 mpg for the life of the car. Even as high as 40 mpg at times. Handles decent and drives great. Only paid $13,500 for it new and after ten years it has more than paid for itself. Even the battery lasted ten years. Just bought a new one because it was starting to get a little weak and I wanted to change it out before winter. Only two complaints about the car. It didn't come equipted with cruise control and it isn't real good in the snow."

wow!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "small, reliable, easy to drive and great engine"

Cons: "terrible window motors, micro fiber seats"

"very reliable and dependable and easy to drive the only thing i did not like is the material of the seats (micro-fiber) it was hard to clean, and the motor for the windows they keep going out. the material from the interior it was cheaply made like the panel of the doors the plastic of the the bottom of the door where you step on it.(fell off) But overall very good engine and reliable"

Super fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Nice Gear Pattern.Fast. Handles good"

Cons: "None that i can think of"

"I have owned my 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V for a little over a year. It was given to me as a gift for my first car. Its very fast and fun to drive.! It handles like no other. I can take corners without slowing down. This car is absolutely amazing. Never had any problems with it. I would Highly recommend one to anyone that wants a fast and fun ride."

Pretty decent

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "uncomfortable for long distance"

"I bought my 04' Sentra in 2008 and despite it being a salvage it ran smoothly. Granted all Sentra's have a problem with holding the pressure for the gas and have trouble starting, they are really good cars. It runs great, perfect for city driving. Now for long distance I personally don't recommend it. It can get uncomfortable, especially long drives, for that you definitely want to get something bigger. It's great on gas, just not very comfortable."

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "Wish it was faster"

"This is my 2nd Nissan Sentra, I love these cars. The 1st one lasted until 238,00miles with a hole in the radiator and still got me around. My current Nissan is at 120,000 and there have been no major problems, drives as smooth as it did when it was new."

Best Value on Any Car We've Owned

By on Friday, June 5, 2009

"We bought our Sentra in Nebraska with 3 miles on it in March 2001. We have had it for 8yrs.4mos. and 168,000 miles. Replaced the tires 3 times, brakes twice, plugs twice, battery once. It still has the ORIGINAL serpintine belt. Changed oil on Sched, and only had 1 electrical problem ($900 Eng. Computer). Bought the car for $13,000 and can't bring myself to sell it, I wanna see how far it'll go. It's only worth @ $2,500 now and it is still running smooth. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Engine is still fairly clean / no leaks. This car starts in -20° mornings here and runs fine. If you get one... I hope it runs as well for you!"