2006 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 818 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "Wish it was faster"

"This is my 2nd Nissan Sentra, I love these cars. The 1st one lasted until 238,00miles with a hole in the radiator and still got me around. My current Nissan is at 120,000 and there have been no major problems, drives as smooth as it did when it was new."

Best Value on Any Car We've Owned

By on Friday, June 5, 2009

"We bought our Sentra in Nebraska with 3 miles on it in March 2001. We have had it for 8yrs.4mos. and 168,000 miles. Replaced the tires 3 times, brakes twice, plugs twice, battery once. It still has the ORIGINAL serpintine belt. Changed oil on Sched, and only had 1 electrical problem ($900 Eng. Computer). Bought the car for $13,000 and can't bring myself to sell it, I wanna see how far it'll go. It's only worth @ $2,500 now and it is still running smooth. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Engine is still fairly clean / no leaks. This car starts in -20° mornings here and runs fine. If you get one... I hope it runs as well for you!"

Super Reliability!!

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"This is my 2nd Nissan. My 1st was a new 1980 Datsun 210, before they changed name to Nissan in the mid 80s. I bought this used - a white 2003 Sentra XE 5 speed with 51,000 miles. I've owned it about 2 years now and it hasn't had any issues at all. I baby my cars, and I'd bet this one holds up as good as any car I've ever owned. It gets 30 MPG around town but have got 40 MPG on the highway. It's every bit as good as a Honda or Toyota as far as reliability is concerned. The factory CD player didn't work when I got it but I wouldn't fault the car for that. I put in a Pioneer CD player and it works great. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a great car. Mine runs like a Swiss watch."

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I purchased this car new in Arizona for a 90 mile (round trip) commute. I also used it for frequent business trips to California. Thc car lives its daily life at 65-70 mph. I find it to be an exceptional value. The Sentra now has very high mileage and still runs/looks good. The only negative is that for a long-legged person, the front seast are a little inadequate. I would highly recommend the Nissan Sentra to anybody."

I've had better...

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

"My 06 Sentra was the first brand new car I ever purchased. I thought it would be a good, economical gas saver that I would drive a couple of years and trade up for something bigger and nicer. Within the first six months of ownership, it was in the shop 8 TIMES!!! The fuel pump was blamed and changed and within a few days I was back with supposedly the same problem. Thre were also numerous mechanical problems as well as the comsole lid broke before the car even had 1000 miles on it. Since this was the fist new car I had ever purchased, I am very disappointed and I admit I should have waited a year and bought the Altima. I know several owners of those and they LOVE them. Overall. the Sentra is economical as far as gas goes (when you are actully driving it and it is not being worked on) but if you ever hope to get another car-do not pin your hopes on trading one of these babies in. Mine lost half it's value in the first year alone and now I owe several thousand more that its payoff even though I have a great APR with my loan. Buy one used and just use it to drive to work, school, errands, ETC., and save your pennies to get an ALTIMA!!!"