2005 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 818 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Peace of Mind

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 2004 Sentra and its very very good. Buy this car and you will get a prace of mind. No issues, no problems, starts in a second even at Zero degree F (yes I live in North east), no mechanical issues. It doesn't have a timing belt, so you even need not have to change it. It has a timing chain which is for life. It gives lot of miles per gallo, 33 for me on highway. I would definitely recommend this car."

The best little car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The 2001 nissan sentra is not a stunning, beutiful car. You will not be taking any performance trophys home with this car either. However If you want a car that will get you where you want to go and not have to worry about breaking down this is the car to get. It also has fantastic gas mileage with a decent enough acceleration in a small compact car. These cars are work horses they can be driven everyday and still be running six years later."

By on Sunday, December 2, 2007

"I bought this vehicle brand new and for the price(18K), it has been a superb fun vehicle to drive. I drive 7 miles/day round trip to work and avg.25-26 mpg. On the road I have gotten from 28-34 mpg, depending on road conditions and elevation. I lose about 3 mpg using the a/c, which here in AZ is about 6 months/yr. For a 2.5L engine, pretty quick accelration with the 6 speed. Handles pretty well for an inexpensive sedan. Only thing I have done is oil changes, using syn oil and the dealers recommended 7500 mile service. Only have 12400 miles in 2yrs I have owned it, as I have 2 other vehicles. Will keep this till it drops. Since I very rarely have back seat passengers, have no idea about the lack of space there that has been mentioned."

very reliable, but not well built or comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I have a 2001 SE (2-liter engine). I bought it used with only about 12,000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive with all its pep, and looked really nice for a small car. The engine is VERY good, strong, fuel-efficient, and I am convinced it will go and go for well over 200,000 miles with only basic maintenance. (I have 144,000 on it). HOWEVER, the body and interior are not well built, and -- most disappointing -- the suspension really gave up many miles ago. Replacing the front struts didn't seem to improve the declining quality of its feel on the road. There are a few persistent and annoying interior squeaks from the poor build. Some body parts, including bumper, mud flaps and such were not well attached and incorporated into the body. I can recommend this car only on the basis of the engine's reliability and the very good gas mileage, about 31 or 32 on the highway, which is quite good for a 2-liter engine. The private-sale value of the car is put at more than $5,000. In good conscience, I will ask for $4,000 and settle for $3,500."

Highly Reliable

By on Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Pros: "reliable, economical, takes corners well"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I have driven my Nissan Sentra since 2005. (It is a 2002 model that we bought used.) It has been a very reliable car!"