1998 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 233 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

I love my Sentra

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

He is a work in Progress!

"My first official car turned out to be my lil Sentra and I love him <3 He takes me everywhere and makes sure I get there safe. Only had one problem and it was overheating because I needed to replace the radiator and water pump. And yet it still got me home that day. I will never rid of it!"

He is a work in Progress!

good for college

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"My parents bought this car brand new in '99, and have always taken pretty good care of it. It gets great gas mileage, and I've only ever had minor problems with it, such as oil leaks and a bad starter. Not much to boast in terms of performance, but not a big deal if you don't care about not being able to go 0-60 in 3 seconds. It's just a good reliable car that meets all the needs of a college kid."

Love this car!!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Only minor repairs, great gas mileage, zippy!"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought this car new 17 years ago! Wow, did I get my monies worth! It's a 5-speed and I've never had the clutch nor the transmission replaced. The car as only needed minor repairs. It has gotten as high as 45 mpg and typically 32 in town. It's a solid car. The best car I've ever owned!"

Car ows me nothing!

By on Thursday, May 27, 2010

"I bought this car in 2002 with 41K miles for $6000. It now has 238,000 miles and runs great without burning oil! The front main seal did cause an oil leak for awhile, but if you are at all handy it only took 45 min and $15 to replace. The hood and headlights get changed occasionally with the help of the local deer, but other than that the clutch is the only major work ever done! I have changed tires, brakes and basic wear parts many times but that is just maintenance. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it now for a long trip. My biggest complaint is probably bad cup holders (picky I know but it matters) and limited power with the 1.6L. On the positive side the gas mileage had been 32 mpg with combination city/hwy driving. It also handled very well in the NY winter snow for a small 2WD. Highly recommended car if oil and maintenance was kept up. I bet mine makes it to 300K at least, assuming 4 legged critters allow it."

Good choice

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I downsized from a big truck to my 99 Sentra recently, and have put hundreds of city and highway miles on it. The seat took getting used to (no lumbar support), but it is an excellent daily driver, though with just enough power. With 4 people and a trunk full of luggage, I got 32 mpg on a 170 mile trip! I think the next car I get after this is a newer Sentra, and for now I'm impressed with mine."

Best Car Ever!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"I acquired my ‘96 GXE from a friend in 2002 - making me the 3rd owner. This car was a dream, I mean it wasn't the most stylish car or the fastest, but it needed very little work, just the basics - breaks only once, it drove from ND to NV, NV to NH and many trips from ME to NH & ME to MA. I owned it for 6 years and it never failed me - unfortunately it was totaled in a recent accident and now I'm left looking for a new car- so far no car compares! I don’t know what I’m going to do with out it! I would recommend this car to any one and anyone who has one, just take care of it and it will take good care of you! On a side note, I was hit almost head on by a Prius and my Sentra held up pretty good in the accident, walked away with only bruises from the air bags. That car served me well! In the end she had 120,000 miles and was still going strong. She did her job & did it good!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I bought this car new in Dec. of '98 and can't part with it. It is one of the best cars I've had and is still solid. I've had no major work done at all and it is tight as can be. The clutch hasn't needed any adjusting as of yet after almost 150,000 mile. The car has a tight ride and handles very well. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small gas saver---I average 36 MPG. It just keeps getting better!!!"

Bought used at 80,000m

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

"It's low and small so the car handles great. thought it was a junker at $500, but is really fun to drive. og transmission works great-shifts smoothly, light rattling when car first idles. a lot of fun to drive."

great car

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

"original owner. awesome little car. i plan on driving till the wheels fall off. never given me problems, outside of regular wear"

I love my old Sentra, it just won't die!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"This car has to be one of the most robust well made cars. I've driven my old Sentra since I was 16, and my older brother did before me. This car got me through high school, college, and work life. We're at over 200,000 miles, and aside from the regualr maintenance and minor repair jobs, this car has never had any thing major go wrong. Some how it just keeps on going..."