1994 Nissan Sentra

Based on 140 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Great Little Car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"I purchased my 92 Sentra new when I was pregnant with my son...and in May 2007 I purchased a new '07 Sentra...I agree with a previous reviewer on the size of the new Sentra (too big)...I loved my '92 (and have kept it for my son who's just turned 15! He'll be driving soon) it still runs great and gets better gas mileage than my new '07!! Please Nissan, make another small Sentra (I tell people I'd buy another new car this year if it had the exact body type as my '92 Sentra.) My mechanic calls it my little flying machine! (I've had the clutch cable replaced...don't know if it was the way I drive, or just a bad cable...but other than that, it's been the best car I've ever owned.) I'm sticking with Nissan, but again, I'd like to see the smaller Sentra back (too many blind spots in the new bigger version!)."

Well worth the money

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"I only had my 1991 Sentra for a little over 3 months. The only and I mean only complaint I have is interior space, but consider I'm 6'7" tall and weigh around 350lbs, there arent very many vehicles that won't give me leg and head room issues. I'd still be driving it today had it not gotten totaled in an accident."

A reliable bad looking car

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I had this car for over 3 years. I got it with 60K and now it has run 100K+. It's super ugly. The fabric from the top is falling off. However, it won't break. It just does not want to die. So if you get bored with cars and need a change every now and then and you need a good excuse, don't get this car. I think I put $600 on it for tires and brakes since I have it. I don't see engine leaks and transmission glitches, the clutch is holding strong."

Reliable inexpensive car

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I got this car in 1998 with 8400 miles on it. It ran great and the gas mileage is excellent (40 mile/gallon highway when I got it, now is 30 ~ 34 in summer due to 10% ethanol in this area, <30 during winter). It has some leaking in transmission fluid 5 ~ 6 years ago, but it was fixed after I add stop leaking treatment a few times. Now it has 210000+ miles on it and still runs great. I used it for my daily commute between home and work. I got a newer car last April but still do not want to let go this car, because it is very reliable and worth the price just to save the mileage for my new car for long distance trip. I did some reasonable repairing and maintenance during the past 9 years like other reviewers. Other than that this car seems can run forever."

This is a GREAT Car

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I have owned this car for about 5 years and 50,000 miles. I bought the car with 72K for dirt cheap because the owner was trying to dump it on me because it made "strange noises" when you weren't accelerating. It turned out to be an $80 engine mount that took an hour to fix. Since then I did have to have the tranny rebuilt because 5th gear was popping out (at about 90K). I replaced the clutch then, too. I also replaced the thermostat and both CV Joints. The car is quick and is built rock solid. If you can get your hands on one it is a great investment because these cars will go forever. I calculated the cost of owning this car for the past 5 years (Purchase price, repairs, maintenance) to be about 75-80 dollars a month. I do the repairs myself, but regardless it is an inexpensive car to own. If you are looking for a good solid car with good reliability, gas mileage, fun to drive for dirt cheap then this is your car. This car comes with no bells and whistles, but for a car that is 16 years old it's just less things that can go wrong"