1994 Nissan Sentra

Based on 140 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

Great car

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"I really like my little Nissan, but the seats are very uncomfortable when driving long distance. Has been reliable with only a few break downs just due to age. Normal wear and tear stuff. Great gas mileage. A little small for my gowing boys, but what do you expect for a Sentra? The price was right!! But will have to give up soon because of the growing boys."

Reliable and efficient

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I purchased my used '92 5-speed Sentra for $4000 in '99. At the time, it had 79k on it, but now its mileage is >188K. Since I live in Wisconsin, the winters have taken their toll on the body, but it remains reliable. Driven conservatively, it still gets me 40 mpg when the weather is warm. Note to Nissan: make a small, efficient reliable car like this again. The current Versa and Sentra are too big."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I have driven this car for 70K miles in last 7 years. Excellent vehicle.. runs well.. comfort level slightly less that today's cars.. but extremely reliable.."

Love a Nissan Sentra

By on Sunday, December 2, 2007

"We've had our '92 Sentra since '93 and it's has hardly ever given us any problems"

Great fun & reliable too!

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"Bought the 92 SE-R in '95 with 34K miles. 2nd owner, first sold b/c of growing family & missed the car already. Now, 12 years later with 114K miles on it, the car is still going strong. Its our city car as on the road the short wheelbase, thinnly padded seats & taunt suspension make for a very tiring long distance (>100 miles) ride. In town its a great rat racer and has been driven very hard. Good 5 speed with no problems (new clutch at 103K, reasonable), engine within factory spec's, no oil usage, great gas mileage (21-25 in town depending on season, reliably 32-35 on the road year round), very direct & tight steering, with slightly oversized/lower profile tires very good handling--probably due to the limited slip differential. Cosmetically there are issues. Red paint is cop bait but since car has never been stored in a garage the paint has BADLY faded along with top coat popping off. Interior is becoming unsprung with headliner heading south (down), carpeting very worn and dashboard popping free at base of windshield. Worse thing (according to high commander) is rust along rocker panels & hinge areas. This is Wisconsin with heavily salted roads (service subsidized in part by car dealers I suspect) and rust is expected. Nice thing about looking so bad? Police don't expect something looking like it does to be flogged. Also kiddies with paint-can tail pipes on their fake street racers (mostly cosmetics and a big sound system) are easy to smoke. I'm a car guy and we have three other vehicles, 2002 W8 Passat, '94 944t Volvo and a '90 745t Volvo. The 745 is a turbo wagon with heavily modified suspension, perfect body and boost turned up to dyno'd 224 HP. The car's big but very light (<3200 lbs.) and once the turbo spools up (>20MPH) the RWD allows me to beat eveyone from the light and slice & dice traffic if needed. All our cars are in generally perfect shape but the SE-R is the most fun to drive and the only manual, so we'll hang onto it untill 120K and then look for a fun replacement, probably a manual R32 Golf or a WRX. AWD is great to throw around and even better in a heavy snowstorm."

Pretty good for a '92

By on Friday, October 5, 2007

"For a 1992, it's a really cool car. Small (GREAT GAS MILEAGE! WOOT!) 26 miles to the gallon between city and highway. It costs SO little fill up. The Sentra has a lotta stuff for '92 (back then there wernen't many bells and whistles. I guess the only let down is that the back seat has very little leg room. My little 7 year old brother is fine sitting cause his feet don't touch the ground...but my 9 year old brother has to turn his legs to the side so he can fit his feet and legs. The cup holders are REALLY small, but then again back then they didn't have big cups like we do now-a-days. My car is loud but that is only because there is are some holes in the exhaust pipe...I've heard my friend's dad's car and his car has no holes in the exhaust...SILENT! The heat takes a little longer to kick in...but that isn't that big of a deal cause I'm naturally warm blooded. The last thing is that it has no passanger mirror, and it was made like that! It makes it rather difficult to see without shoulder checking because there is no mirror there (and one can't get installed). For a manual it has GREAT take off, smooth riding car, just A LOTTA fun! If anyone were to get this car, I'd recommend getting a manual transmission! For the few let downs, it is an AMAZING, reliable, long living car. I have a little over 94,500 miles on mine...so it should last A LONG time!"

This is a great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"This car is awesome. I've had it for a while.. Never ran into any major problems. Just typical car errors. I ran it hard too, I raced this car. Its a very very fast and reliable car. Runs great with higher octane gas. +++ PROPS!!"

Greatest Car I Ever Had

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I had one of these bad boys from 18 to 22. Took that car everywhere, from Canada to Mexico, the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic, to the Pacific and just about everywhere in between, in 4 years i replaced the Radiator, two axles, and three sets of tires. Virtually no upkeep on that car... Sold it at 225k miles, dont know why, and Ive been looking for one ever since. Just bought my second one a few months ago and its just as fast and fun to drive, Just cant drive anything else, too much FUN!! and FAST!!"

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Great Little Car

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"If you want a first car for your son or daughter, this is it. Very low on maintainance. I got the car (1992 Sentra SE) in May '05. I have had it just over a year. One problem so far...the Starter motor, and it was the ORIGINAL starter that i replaced. I have put this car through its paces. 256,000miles and the engine wont quit. It burns oil slightly, but apart from that. Its great. Great first car! Great car in general!"

Best car I've owned

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I'm a person who buys their cars used, and won't get rid of them until they're unfixable. I've had this car 5 years, and it's the best car I've owned. The parts are durable, engine can take a lot of wear and tear, and even for an older car the gas mileage is nice. The seats are comfortable if you like simplicity - no bucket seats here. My son's grown up with her from baby seat to buckling himself, and there's always room to pack toys for the park or clothes for a roadtrip. We have had to make some major repairs such as the axels and the entire exhaust system. Aside from that, she's rarely needed anything more than regular maintenance. Very versatile to different driving styles. Easy to handle. Definitely not made for rough terrain but can handle roads, dirt, gravel, and puddles well. I'll be very sad when I have to get rid of her."

It will take you anywhere.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I bought the 93 Sentra in 2004, expecting it to last me a year or two, but three years later, it hasn't stopped running. I have barely had any work done on it and it gives me no problems. I've put this car through a lot of grief, and it hasn't quit once. I love Nissans because they are driver friendly, comfortable with a smooth ride, have great gas mileage, and perform very well."

Reliable!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I bought this car used 10 years ago, when it had already been driven for 5 years and had 75,000 miles on it. Aside from hitting a deer, I've had to put very little work into it and it's still going strong at 228,000 miles. I absolutely recommend this vehicle. It's not the most powerful, or the prettiest, but if you want something to last forever for a low price go for this one. Regular oil changes and tire rotations have kept this little thing running great."

i love this little car

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"the se-r responds great to aftermarket performance parts, engine, suspension. the seats are comfortable and its fun to drive. but not a family car."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next