1994 Nissan Sentra

Based on 140 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next

Great car

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"I really like my little Nissan, but the seats are very uncomfortable when driving long distance. Has been reliable with only a few break downs just due to age. Normal wear and tear stuff. Great gas mileage. A little small for my gowing boys, but what do you expect for a Sentra? The price was right!! But will have to give up soon because of the growing boys."

Reliable and efficient

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I purchased my used '92 5-speed Sentra for $4000 in '99. At the time, it had 79k on it, but now its mileage is >188K. Since I live in Wisconsin, the winters have taken their toll on the body, but it remains reliable. Driven conservatively, it still gets me 40 mpg when the weather is warm. Note to Nissan: make a small, efficient reliable car like this again. The current Versa and Sentra are too big."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I have driven this car for 70K miles in last 7 years. Excellent vehicle.. runs well.. comfort level slightly less that today's cars.. but extremely reliable.."

Love a Nissan Sentra

By on Sunday, December 2, 2007

"We've had our '92 Sentra since '93 and it's has hardly ever given us any problems"

Great fun & reliable too!

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"Bought the 92 SE-R in '95 with 34K miles. 2nd owner, first sold b/c of growing family & missed the car already. Now, 12 years later with 114K miles on it, the car is still going strong. Its our city car as on the road the short wheelbase, thinnly padded seats & taunt suspension make for a very tiring long distance (>100 miles) ride. In town its a great rat racer and has been driven very hard. Good 5 speed with no problems (new clutch at 103K, reasonable), engine within factory spec's, no oil usage, great gas mileage (21-25 in town depending on season, reliably 32-35 on the road year round), very direct & tight steering, with slightly oversized/lower profile tires very good handling--probably due to the limited slip differential. Cosmetically there are issues. Red paint is cop bait but since car has never been stored in a garage the paint has BADLY faded along with top coat popping off. Interior is becoming unsprung with headliner heading south (down), carpeting very worn and dashboard popping free at base of windshield. Worse thing (according to high commander) is rust along rocker panels & hinge areas. This is Wisconsin with heavily salted roads (service subsidized in part by car dealers I suspect) and rust is expected. Nice thing about looking so bad? Police don't expect something looking like it does to be flogged. Also kiddies with paint-can tail pipes on their fake street racers (mostly cosmetics and a big sound system) are easy to smoke. I'm a car guy and we have three other vehicles, 2002 W8 Passat, '94 944t Volvo and a '90 745t Volvo. The 745 is a turbo wagon with heavily modified suspension, perfect body and boost turned up to dyno'd 224 HP. The car's big but very light (<3200 lbs.) and once the turbo spools up (>20MPH) the RWD allows me to beat eveyone from the light and slice & dice traffic if needed. All our cars are in generally perfect shape but the SE-R is the most fun to drive and the only manual, so we'll hang onto it untill 120K and then look for a fun replacement, probably a manual R32 Golf or a WRX. AWD is great to throw around and even better in a heavy snowstorm."

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next