1994 Nissan Sentra

Based on 140 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Takes a lickin' & keeps on tickin'

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"I've been a proud owner of a Sentra for over 10 years now. My car has almost 200,000 miles and still gets about 30 mpg in the city. My only complaints have been that it's a "plain Jane", the seats not made for long trips, and there's excessive road noise at highway speeds. If you want a cheap reliable car with great mileage, this is the car to get. On the other hand, if you want one that you can easily find in a parking lot or is ultra-comfortable, get a luxury car and pay the big bucks."

I love this car!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"This car is the best! It was my sisters car through college and now it is mine. I absolutly love it. I only put gas in it like once a month. Great handling, I only wish it had a little better acceleration. Overall it's wonderful!"

best car ever

By on Thursday, March 6, 2008

"i have had a red 94 sentra since i was 15 i am now 20 and this car has been amazing! it now has 270,000 miles on it and is still running strong would recommend this car to anyone"

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"This vehicle has been great. Gets good gas mileage, will probably run forever. Not sporty, you get what you pay for. I have had a lot of problems with my exhaust, but other than that...I've been very happy with it. Considering buying a 2008 model"

Great overall car

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"'93 Sentra xe was my wife's car before we were married 5 yrs. ago and now with 232,000 miles on it and still getting 28 mpg I cannot complain too much. Had to replace the usuals on an older car (starter, ignition coil, muffler, etc.) as well as the basic tune-up and this thing is still running strong. Interior is not bad (headliner starting to go) and exterior is got a lot of paint chips but virtually no rust. Biggest complaint for me personally is too small, but it is very economical. Great car for single young person on a tight budget."

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

14 years and still my "Baby"!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I bought this car new (in 1993) when I was 20 years old and I nicknamed it "Baby". She has been the BEST car to me. I had it paid off in 5 years and the nine years since it has been great to have a car with no car payment and hardly any repairs! The only major repair has been the A/C, I think that was partly my fault for not runing it periodically through the long winters. She has 160K miles now and I am considering selling it to my niece to keep it in the family. Anyway, I don't know if Nissan still makes cars this good, but this car is a gem!"

Keeps going, and going...

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I bought it new in '92. Drove it until '07 with only normal maintenance. It wasn't fancy but it lasted 4-ever."

Reliable!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Easy to park. Awesome turning radius"

Cons: "Sm cp hld, man wdw and lck, stck intr is blah."

"I've had my Sentra for 6 years and it has been an extremely reliable car. Only problem was replacing the clutch which is expected after 15 years. Easy to park, fun to drive, quick to wash. Very small car with limited capacity but for a college kid it was a great car. I've been everywhere in this car and it has been reliable and steady on every trip. Now that I'm older and making a 3 hour commute each day this car is still holding up but it's almost time to retire the old friend."

50 mpg highway, 30-35 in town!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "fabulous mileage, cheap to run and insure, cute"

Cons: "cheap interior except seats good, holds up well"

"never had any other car comparable. got this 1993 nissan sentra e 2 door, fire engine red. cute as a bug! 214000 miles on engine, never an engine problem yet! replaced clutch recently, $750, some battery charging problems, not strongly built, but boy is it reliable and cheap to run! easy on gas, inexpensive insurance. actually clocked it at 50 mpg from michigan to chicago and back on the highway. couldn't believe it! there will always be money in your pocket driving it. people try to buy it from me all the time. 30-35 mpg in town. 10 gallon tank = 300+ miles. skirting rusted because i didn't have a garage, only a carport, but rest of car is okay. great in snow with michelin arctic tires and some ballast in the trunk."

bullet proof

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "cheap to fix, great gas mileage"

Cons: "ugly, old, and randomly has things wrong with it"

"This was my very first car and ive had it for 4 years now. I've had a few issues with it and it makes some crazy noises but for being so old, its a pretty reliable car. I wouldnt buy this car if i was picking something out because its ugly but its cheap to fix, cheap to drive (gas wise) and i feel like it will never break down."

Superior vehicle !!!!

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"This is without equal the best car I have ever owned. I got it 5 yrs ago at 87,000 miles & now it has 230,000+ miles. NEVER any problems!!! Cold AC, uses no oil, interior holding up great, exterior has no rust, paint still very good. I put 85,000 mile Pirelli tires on it last year for $227 !!! Can't beat that. I LOVE this car & hope it lasts another 230,000 miles. I strongly recommend Nissans !!!"

Extremely Reliable

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas. Doesnt break down"

Cons: "Women hate it :)"

"I got this car as a 16 year old(8 years ago) I was neglectful as all kids are and the car is still going. I have driven coast to coast and all over the country. It is a ugly little car but the most economical and reliable vehicle I know of. I have owned a few used cars (mustang, Cadillac) and when they need major work I simply sold them off and dusted off the old Nissan from the back yard. Best car ever."

38 mpg

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Economical and reliable when properly maintained"

Cons: "Weird electrical hiccups coming on with age"

"I bought this car at 63560 miles for $3000 in '07. I now have 182000 miles on it in '11. I had some initial problems that were probably due to lack of exercise before I got it. Anyway, for a 50 yo woman, I work on it pretty successfully. But, yes, sometimes it helps to be a contorsionist! When I first got it I averaged about 35 mpg. When the injectors started going bad, mileage dropped to about 30 mpg. After replacing them, I average 38 mpg - no kidding."

bang for your buck

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"I bought my Nissan Sentra six years ago with 190,000 miles on it... its nothing fancy, definitely the basic model with no extra buttons or luxuries... but it now has 220,022 miles on it and GEEZ has it been worth what I paid for it! I put about 3000$ into over six years, new brakes, new clutch, new tires, alternator, starter, battery etc.... but its only ever left me stranded one time.... most of those replacements were precautionary.... i've driven it well over 12,000miles without an oil change...the thing just keeps going! Its really, like I said, not a fancy car, but if you want a SUPER reliable (not to mention AMAZING ON GAS!!!!) around town car...this is it.... for under a grand u can keep this thing for years and years, beat the heck out of it, take it cross country even, dent it, bang it, it'll keep driving! Cool thing too that the body is metal so it feels real solid and safe to drive... very recommended if you don't mind looking a little funky!"

The most basic car on the road

By on Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pros: "Got the deal I needed to get"

Cons: "had to eventually replace battery, alt, starter"

Not the prettiest of colors!

"Just happened to come across this diamond in the rough being at the right place at the right time. Cost only $900 and had only 62K miles. Have replaced some items but the thing runs real smooth at 85MPH. If they're built right to begin with and maintained correctly, They'll last forever!"

Not the prettiest of colors!

Just Won't Die

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

"I received my Sentra in 1997 with 70K miles on it. It has now has 268,000 mi. It is one tough little car and one that will cruise down any road. I have the coupe version, which kind of looks like an older BMW 3 series. It has A/C, cruise, and power mirrors, which still all work today. Even the all the dash and control bulbs still work. Never had to replace any of them. Just the usual maintenance, oil, tires, fluids. One of the fuel injectors went bad at about 190K mi., which caused stuttering on acceleration. It was about a $200 fix. Thermostat went out around 200K mi. and so did the transmission. Which, was one of the biggest expense cost, it was $800 to replace. I'm sure if you went to a junk yard to part one, it would have been a lot cheaper. Other than that, the car refuses to die. I have left it sitting a couple of times for over a year. I just charge the battery and it fired right up, kind of like Frankenstein coming back to life. Over the years, it has become a great, reliable car that never left me stranded."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great price"

"I bought this vehicle new in 1992 as my first car and it has been with me through thick and thin and it continues to go. Other than regular scheduled maintenance and normal wear and tear components, my car has not given me any problems. I average 300 miles to one tank of gas."

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "easy to repair, parts are cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "small cup holders, lower seat cushion is a bit hard and not comfortable"

"I have had a lot of cars over the years, from new Porsches to Accords to Mini Coopers, and by far this has probably been the best and cheapest car to own, Very good on gas, parts are cheap and its easy to work on. I only paid $100 for it 4 years ago, it won't die on me, passes emissions and inspections with ease, I use it as a car to get to work, its never let me down, good in the snow. Only complaint, the seats are not the most comfortable, but I can live with it. It was a well built and designed cheap car, I love it. I wish I could find another some day with low miles."

There will never be another...

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I've owned mine since new in Oct. of 1992. I will NEVER sell it. It's the perfect blend of performance, comfort and dare I say looks! Since I bought it I've owned many other makes and models from Hyundai, Honda even Saab, yet I can't seem to sell my Sentra SE-R! Untill I find another car that gives me that same great feeling I'll never sell it!"

NISSAN JEWEL

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Nissan's Little Jewel Of A Car"

Cons: "Wish it had a key light"

"It may not be the biggest, fastest, prestigious, or most powerful on the road, but the 1992 Sentra is one of the most dependable, reliable, trouble-free cars out there. I would not sell my little jewel at all. Offered $8,000 last month and turned it down. It is 23 years old now and still got the shine and newness on her! I simply love this car!!!"

If you can find one, buy it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Mileage-cost to maintain-small for city parking."

Cons: "Hard to find a manual. It will only last forever."

"I bought a 93' with 185,000mi for $500. It had been sitting for 6 mos. Jump started it and drove home and 3 mos later replaced the clutch, which had never been replaced. I should have made necessary rust repairs but I didn't have time. At 235,000 5yrs later, because of my neglect, I had to let her go. Purred like a kitten too, but the cops were getting to interested. HA HA! I knew alot of them from the pizza shop I delivered for. I made sure to get another one, 94'with 130000mi for $600. This one is 2dr coupe. I might mention both had manual transmissions, as I would never drive an automatic. I could drive this anywhere except on a soft-sand beach. I go everywhere and snicker at those gas-guzzling SUV's. I live in New England but snow is never an issue for me, I look forward to driving around in the storms. I'm a 43yr old guy with 25yrs of professional driving so I can't say everyone would have the same results as I have. I've done a lot of off-road with these as well. obviously not a 4wd but you would be surprised at what these can really do, I have never gotten stuck. The only, I guess you could say complaint, would be they are swayed by heavy cross winds but I find it fun. Again if you can find it, buy it. 91'-94'. You won't be disappointed."

this is a great dependable car.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"this is a good running car, good gas milage, good comfortable,adjustable seats back and seat, and cruise control,heat and air,radio /w cd player."