1994 Nissan Sentra

Based on 140 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

This is a GREAT Car

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I have owned this car for about 5 years and 50,000 miles. I bought the car with 72K for dirt cheap because the owner was trying to dump it on me because it made "strange noises" when you weren't accelerating. It turned out to be an $80 engine mount that took an hour to fix. Since then I did have to have the tranny rebuilt because 5th gear was popping out (at about 90K). I replaced the clutch then, too. I also replaced the thermostat and both CV Joints. The car is quick and is built rock solid. If you can get your hands on one it is a great investment because these cars will go forever. I calculated the cost of owning this car for the past 5 years (Purchase price, repairs, maintenance) to be about 75-80 dollars a month. I do the repairs myself, but regardless it is an inexpensive car to own. If you are looking for a good solid car with good reliability, gas mileage, fun to drive for dirt cheap then this is your car. This car comes with no bells and whistles, but for a car that is 16 years old it's just less things that can go wrong"

Reliable as the sun.

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 15 years now. It has had minimal maintenence over that time. I didn't take care of it when I was younger and it still runs like a champ. After all the wear and tear on the engine it still gets 35 mpg mixed highway and city driving over a week. You can't hardly get a new car that will do that."

An Appel a Day

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Bought it new in '92 and my red Sentra SE-R has run reliably for years until I retired it to the garage five years ago to drive a larger SUV. I'd driven it 136000 miles and now i'm ready to take it out of retirement and back on the road. This car is a little gem and what fun to drive! I didn't know how much I missed it, after a new battery, oil change, new cold start regulater and fuel leak fix, my 92 SE-R is back on the road and drives like it were new. Like they say an appel a day."

Extremly reliable

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"For the money, excellent. Will run for about 300,000 miles. Body,power train excellent. Great on gas"

great little car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Great gas mileage. Super sturdy and reliable car."

how can u beat walking?

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "not sensitive like newer model cars today, parts consider cheap if avail"

Cons: "no A/C sys, no garage or parking so bad body paint, rust runs fast,"

"13 mi fr NYC, still have mine is 1990 2 dr silver got 12 yr ago,not perfect,leisure stop"

Decent car pain to work on

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Really decent car have had problems with the timing chain which is apparently a common problem, ridiculously hard to replace took me more then a few days and a whole lot of foul language"

NEVER LET ME DOWN SINCE 1993

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"PURCHASED NEW IN 1993. 275000 MILES NOW AND HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN. WILL KEEP FOR 5 MORE YRS."

The tin can

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"This car is ugly as sin BUT it just wont die. Ive tried. Lasted me through high school, delivered pizza while in college. I gave it to my parents when I bought an Infiniti and they still drive it. This car has been super reliable. The only problems I have had were the suspension and AC. The AC wasn't a problem to fix plus if you buy used parts for the car they are dirt cheap. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. I just wish it was a little bit prettier."

Great car

By on Monday, August 3, 2009

"Bought this car from my parents when the price of gas went way up a couple years ago. Got the car when it had 280k miles on it and it was gettig around 40mpg on average. Now im over 305k miles and the transmission has lost a gear, but this ar is still getting around 38mpg and has never had any other problems besides missing fifth gear. The only problem with this car is its kind of noisy, and not all that roomy for someone over 6'' tall, other than that ill probably get another 30k miles out of this car before it decides to quit."