2012 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 382 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Comfortable, good on gas, loud, acceleration probs

By on Saturday, December 3, 2016

Pros: "gas mileage, storage,"

Cons: "loud, transmission/acceleration issues,"

"bought it used, but still only a year old with 18,000 miles on it. Within two years, It started having trouble like the gas pedal was sticking at stop lights. ..just wouldn't accelerate, and then would lunge forward. then that stopped...then noticed on trips at about the 2.5 hour mark, it would not accelerate beyond a certain speed any more and would have the acceleration issues for a couple hours afterwards. Mechanics told me the model is known for transmission issues but without it doing it for them it was hard to tell :/ Despite having issues for last 40k miles off and on, may miss my extended warranty to replace failed transmission :/ value also depreciates quickly great storage space, great gas mileage, no other maintenance issues"

Has a lot of issues

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pros: "Great acceleration."

Cons: "Very big blind spots"

"The car has been very reliable as far as the engine goes, however I have needed a lot of work on the wheels, CV Joints, struts, etc. I have spent a lot of money getting front end work done. Also, whenever my car happens to be out during a strong wind and ice storm, the doors have stopped working. On two different occasions both front doors have had to have a cable reattached. The first time we thought the door was frozen shut so my daughter pulled hard and it ended up braking the handle as well. The second time I tried to fix it myself but was unable to. This made me have to crawl into the driver seat from the back seat until I could get it fixed."

Best car i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious, affordable, high MPG for its class, comfortable, clear bluetooth sound"

Cons: "Interior design is kind of generic"

"Very spacious, drives smooth, rear backup camera is nice. Bluetooth works great, very clear. would've liked to have the built in garage door opener on the rearview mirror (like the altima, maxima, et al)."

2010 SL Rogue

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Purchased this crossover new in June 2010, after comparing Hyundai Tuscon, Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V. Rogue was a better value with applicable rebates and a preferred dealer. The positives are sleek exterior styling, but compromises rear visibility, ground clearance height affords good forward visibility, power acceleration for highway driving, comfortable front passenger seat for my 6' 3" husband. Negatives: Suspension, ride is rough feels like a truck over the slightest bumps, turning radius is wider than expected, steering wrestles in tight spots. Convenience and cosmetics: Fuel port on passenger side, dealer says this is with all Japanese cars, not true not even on all Nissans, no remote fuel port release, a feature found on lower end models, why not on the Rogue? After market locking gas cap is not recommended and Nissan is not interested in hearing about it. No rear door pockets, or locking glove compartment, cheap woven cloth upholstery, concerns about durability although only 2 adult passengers. Horn sounds like a toy. Rebates and a responsive dealer sold this vehcle."

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

its been great for a 12000 miles Rogue!!!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "its good to own a Rogue!!!"

Cons: "AWD is a expensive and some dealers moneyface."

"! own this Rogue 2011 AWD and its been the best buddy i have ever since. We move into Las Vegas from Mississippi and i just drove the Rogue and it was awesome drive... it was a smooth drive. I drove the rogue for a straight 18 hours only i make gas for a stop and the Rogue runs excellent.From downhill to uphill from the strong rains and hot weather its just help me to be very comfortable. I do recommend Rogue.. it doesnt have a strong hp but its been very reliable. thank you!"

Pleasantly suprised

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"We love our Rogue. It's comfortable and get's decent gas mileage. Exactly what we were looking for!"

Very happy with this car!

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I did alot of research before buying this car. I wanted something good on gas but still stylish and practical. I went from a ford taurus to this vehicle and I am definitely getting better milage and I have alot more room. It's fun to drive, attractive, and I love the hatch. Oh, and it handles really well in the snow too. I have no regrets. However, I think they could do a better paint job."

RECOMMENDED

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"if you are looking for economy, comfort and reliability, this is the crossover to have. I have driven over 23,000 miles in 9 months and have had no issues with this vehicle. I drive about 25% city and 75% highway and average about 25mpg. It's a great valus for the money. I have an SL with factory bluetooth, XM and Bose. Navi would be a nice feature, but was not a deal breaker for me. I would highly recommend this vehicle to a friend."

Best car in its class

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"I just traded in a C320 Benz for this car and I absolutely love it. This car rides so smooth and is just the right size without being a huge SUV. 5 stars all the way."