2010 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 382 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Comfortable, good on gas, loud, acceleration probs

By on Saturday, December 3, 2016

Pros: "gas mileage, storage,"

Cons: "loud, transmission/acceleration issues,"

"bought it used, but still only a year old with 18,000 miles on it. Within two years, It started having trouble like the gas pedal was sticking at stop lights. ..just wouldn't accelerate, and then would lunge forward. then that stopped...then noticed on trips at about the 2.5 hour mark, it would not accelerate beyond a certain speed any more and would have the acceleration issues for a couple hours afterwards. Mechanics told me the model is known for transmission issues but without it doing it for them it was hard to tell :/ Despite having issues for last 40k miles off and on, may miss my extended warranty to replace failed transmission :/ value also depreciates quickly great storage space, great gas mileage, no other maintenance issues"

Has a lot of issues

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pros: "Great acceleration."

Cons: "Very big blind spots"

"The car has been very reliable as far as the engine goes, however I have needed a lot of work on the wheels, CV Joints, struts, etc. I have spent a lot of money getting front end work done. Also, whenever my car happens to be out during a strong wind and ice storm, the doors have stopped working. On two different occasions both front doors have had to have a cable reattached. The first time we thought the door was frozen shut so my daughter pulled hard and it ended up braking the handle as well. The second time I tried to fix it myself but was unable to. This made me have to crawl into the driver seat from the back seat until I could get it fixed."

Best car i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious, affordable, high MPG for its class, comfortable, clear bluetooth sound"

Cons: "Interior design is kind of generic"

"Very spacious, drives smooth, rear backup camera is nice. Bluetooth works great, very clear. would've liked to have the built in garage door opener on the rearview mirror (like the altima, maxima, et al)."

2010 SL Rogue

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Purchased this crossover new in June 2010, after comparing Hyundai Tuscon, Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V. Rogue was a better value with applicable rebates and a preferred dealer. The positives are sleek exterior styling, but compromises rear visibility, ground clearance height affords good forward visibility, power acceleration for highway driving, comfortable front passenger seat for my 6' 3" husband. Negatives: Suspension, ride is rough feels like a truck over the slightest bumps, turning radius is wider than expected, steering wrestles in tight spots. Convenience and cosmetics: Fuel port on passenger side, dealer says this is with all Japanese cars, not true not even on all Nissans, no remote fuel port release, a feature found on lower end models, why not on the Rogue? After market locking gas cap is not recommended and Nissan is not interested in hearing about it. No rear door pockets, or locking glove compartment, cheap woven cloth upholstery, concerns about durability although only 2 adult passengers. Horn sounds like a toy. Rebates and a responsive dealer sold this vehcle."

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

its been great for a 12000 miles Rogue!!!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "its good to own a Rogue!!!"

Cons: "AWD is a expensive and some dealers moneyface."

"! own this Rogue 2011 AWD and its been the best buddy i have ever since. We move into Las Vegas from Mississippi and i just drove the Rogue and it was awesome drive... it was a smooth drive. I drove the rogue for a straight 18 hours only i make gas for a stop and the Rogue runs excellent.From downhill to uphill from the strong rains and hot weather its just help me to be very comfortable. I do recommend Rogue.. it doesnt have a strong hp but its been very reliable. thank you!"

Pleasantly suprised

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"We love our Rogue. It's comfortable and get's decent gas mileage. Exactly what we were looking for!"

Very happy with this car!

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I did alot of research before buying this car. I wanted something good on gas but still stylish and practical. I went from a ford taurus to this vehicle and I am definitely getting better milage and I have alot more room. It's fun to drive, attractive, and I love the hatch. Oh, and it handles really well in the snow too. I have no regrets. However, I think they could do a better paint job."

RECOMMENDED

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"if you are looking for economy, comfort and reliability, this is the crossover to have. I have driven over 23,000 miles in 9 months and have had no issues with this vehicle. I drive about 25% city and 75% highway and average about 25mpg. It's a great valus for the money. I have an SL with factory bluetooth, XM and Bose. Navi would be a nice feature, but was not a deal breaker for me. I would highly recommend this vehicle to a friend."

Best car in its class

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"I just traded in a C320 Benz for this car and I absolutely love it. This car rides so smooth and is just the right size without being a huge SUV. 5 stars all the way."

" a show stopper"

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I purchased the Rogue in indigo blue back in october 2007 and I absolutely enjoy driving this vehicle. You get alot of car for the price compared to other crossovers in the market. If you are looking for superior comfort, reliability, performance, safety with adequate speed and gas milage, I definitely recommend this vehicle."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

"I traded in my 2009 Altima coupe for this 2012 Nissan Rogue when I had a baby and needed four doors. This Rogue is a wonderful daily driver car. My only issue has been blind spots when driving, which was easily fixed by small blind spot mirrors from advance auto parts. Was also hit from the side (not related to blind spots, person ran stop sign) and the rogue's front end was taken off, car kept me safe and all safety features worked properly. I recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Reliable, Stylish, and Safe!!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Drives Nice, Stylish, Reliable, Comfortable."

Cons: "Navigation feature is lame."

"This car does great in the WI winters. It drives smooth and is a quiet ride. My only negatives is the carpeting on the driver floor rips easily with high heels by the gas/brakes. Skip the extra $$ for the Navigation. The maps are not that great and it is not as good as what's on my phone. I wish I had skipped this feature. It is nice that the seats fold flat...including the front passenger seat! The Bluetooth is great, but the voice recognition is sometimes slow. It's almost faster to find the contact on my phone than go thru the voice menu. The heated seats get nice and hot. Over all, it's a good car and looks great. I do mostly highway commuting and feel the gas mileage is decent. I would re-buy this car when I'm due for a new car, but next time I will skip the "extras" of navigation."

best fun crossover/mini suv available

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "nice equipped, mpg, look, & ride; quiet, reliable"

Cons: "NO auto headlights! blind spot, paint integrity"

"i drove every crossover/compact suv & this was the top choice. none came close to the fun factor mixed with style, reliability, & mpg. downside is the paint scratches very easily! i looked at several with very low miles, yet lots of deep scratches. (they can't keep used sunroof rogues on the lot, if nice!) 1 sold while i checked financing & came back next day. i bought 3+ year old (2009) sl-awd with only 16,500 miles & perfect 1 owner carfax. it was the only 1 i found that looked new outside & i drove 3 hrs each way to buy it in chicago! it has the premium package with premium sound. i paid 19k, but it's 100% like new. i love it so much! i did give up the optional leather pkg & heated power seats to get this lowest miles & perfect condition car. it has rogue mats, cargo cover, bumper guard, bose 6 disc cd, bluetooth, power sunroof/pl/pw, remote start/keyless entry, optional manual shifters, vanity mirrors, fog & xenon lights. it's fun to always see your gas mileage; i average 26 mpg. finally i'll be able to get to work in midwest winter storms without slipping & sliding! it should last 10 years."

excellent use for when the storm hit

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive good looking spacious"

Cons: "kind of heavy doors for a small suv"

"a big storm hit here recently and i was out when it happened a couple of trees went down so i had to go off road to get home and it did great getting me out of the mountains and back home, but watch out when opening the doors in tight spaces they will get away from you"

Great fun to Drive

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

"I have owned this car for 3 years, and enjoy driving it as much now as when I first bought it. I have the Bose sound system and it Rocks! the CVT makes this car super fast from the start. I am going to pick up my next brand new Rouge tomorrow!"

I Love This CAR!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "little small"

"I traded my trail blazer for this vehicle because I was tired of paying an arm and leg for gas. I am soo in LOVE with this vehicle; it drives so smooth, it has power for a little 4 cyclinder ( power/pick-up is important to me) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smart key. I don't think I'll buy another car w/o one. It has alot of little neat features like miles til empty, average speed, etc. I'm not big on sound features but the sound/speakers are very good, that even I can tell a difference, I also love that I can just plug my I Pod in w/o going thur the radio. It handles very well in bad weather. I did down grade in size but it is soo nice not going to the gas station every week. I truly love this car."

Impressed!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. The more I drive it, the better"

Cons: "Not too much, really"

"Traded in a 2003 Nissan 350Z for a ROGUE? Needed the room, and very impressed with the performance, room, comfort, etc. A joy to drive, and of course far more practical than a Z."

OK for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "It's a Nissan, so it is dependable and holds value"

Cons: "Bad blind spots, not enough cubbies for storage"

"My first Crossover. I wanted an AWD and traded a perfectly good Altima. Not as many cubbies for storage, has terrible blind spots when backing up and moving in traffic. Really got to use the mirrors a lot. Can't depend on just looking in the Rearview mirror. Not as good gas milage as I thought. Drives good, not as smooth ride as the Altima."

I love my Rogue!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "Sweet ride!"

Cons: "poor rear-visibility"

"I thought that I was definitely going to get a CR-V until I test drove one and was not excited in the least about the vehicle. Being a long-time Nissan owner I decided that I should give the Rogue a shot. After test-driving the Rogue, I knew it was the right vehicle for me. The only real advantage I see the CR-V having over the rogue is the versatility of the rear-seat configurations but the fact that the Rogue rear-seats only fold down (as opposed to to sliding forward and flipping-up as in the CR-V) does not really hinder any of my cargo needs. I have very few complaints about the vehicle. It is true that the rear-visibility is terrible but it is certainly easy to get used to and should not be a problem for experienced drivers. The navigation system leaves much to be desired and the Garmin that I had been using in my old car was much better. Also I have some issue with the Bluetooth not working correctly when my iphone is plugged into the USB port for listening to music. I can make outgoing calls but if I try to answer an incoming call, there is a "communication failure." I'm actually not sure if this is a problem with the bluetooth system software or phone software and have not investigated it as thoroughly as possible. All-in-all these are minor problems (to me, anyway) and should not be deal breakers for this vehicle. As you can see, I gave the vehicle 5 out 5 in every area. I am very happy that I chose the Rogue and would definitely purchase this vehicle again!"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice ride, sits up high, decent gas milage"

Cons: "poor rear visibility."

"I have had no problems with this car. I like the fact that it sits up high so I can see what's ahead. I like the ride, I go over bumps and I can't feel them. Nissan should really consider redesigning the rear windows to improve visibility. The gas milage is decent for an SUV. If you buy this car you won't be dissapointed. The IPOD is killer."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Great Looks, price and features"

"Awesome car to drive. The looks are killing.... Amazing features...power is good enough, but a lil more would make it a perfect car"

Worst New Vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"Similar to others posting here, CVT transmission was replaced multiple times, no meaningful effort was made by either Nissan or the dealership to make things right. Console makes crackling noise while driving. No plans of ever buying a Nissan again."

By on Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I have 40,000 miles and have not had one problem! Both of my 50lb dogs fit perfect in the trunk of the rogue. My only complain is the a/c in the back does not do a good job circulating."

Very good Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I have just bought a Rogue SL AWD 360 and it is a great model. No big luxurious and fancy options but a reliable and stable car. The CVT gives a extra pleasure to drive very smooth. At the snow and rain no problems with stability or traction. Good fuel economy (typically 20 mil/gal if you run only city). The 360-degree Value Package (with the back camera) should be standard in all models since the rear windows is quite small and too high. The model I get was $24000 but with some negotiation it ends $21000, it means, check the price before to go a dealer."