2002 Nissan Quest

8.0

Based on 114 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

GREAT family vehicle

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "very affordable, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "no dvd player(its VHS)"

"2000 Nissan Quest-It seats 7 people comfortably and room for luggage/grocery behind the 3rd row seating. Cold A/C in front and rear. This van has a VHS player(which was the best at the time). We have had minor mechanical problems and been able to do at home w/o putting in the shop. Overall, with the age of the van, we have been very satisfied with dependablity and comfort. I would highly recommend Nissan Quest to anyone looking for a minivan."

Proven Design, Excellent Value, Still looks modern

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Value, dependability, comfort"

Cons: "Watch the plastic sliding door handles"

"We bought the van new in April, 2002. We now have 118K miles on her. The only unscheduled problem we have had was the axle boots ripped open around 62K miles, so we replaced both axles. This repair was completely unexpected as the vehicle is always garaged and not abused. When it hit 105K, I changed the timing belt, water pump (preventive maintenance only...no issues at the time, just easy to get to while the timing belt was off), drive belts and spark plugs. She continues to run like a champ. We have the SE model which improves handling; however, you can definitely feel the bumps when you hit them. We get between 20 and 21 miles per gallon driving a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. Right now, the only issue we have is the radio display fades in and out which is a common problem on these vehicles. There is a cheap repair where you resolder the power supply lead on a circuit board inside of the radio. Right now, it's not bad enough to mess with so we are leaving it alone. We have the captain's chairs in the middle row which is comfortable for the kids. We also have the overhead video player which the kids love. We, the grandparents, love it to. Just turn it on and the kids will not make a sound except for needed bathroom breaks and the I'm hungry, feed me calls. The van came with Goodyear tires which lasted approximately 40K miles. Then we put on a set of Yokohama Avid Touring S tires which lasted almost 65K miles. These were really quiet tires; however, the weight of the van made the tires look underinflated. We now have on General Altimax RT tires which ride and handle excellent. They also appear to support the weight of the van a little better. It's too early to tell about tread wear but right now, it looks like they will last approximately 50K miles or so. The van's sliding door handles are a weak spot when the doors are frozen. Do not use these handles to break open the frozen door. Just grab the handle, pull on it until the door lock unlatches, then grab the body of the door and pull on it to break the ice holding the door closed. The handles are only plastic and cannot handle the pressure required to break the ice. I learned this the hard way. I like the white background on the instrument cluster found in the SE vans. They look really cool during the day and are easily legible during the night. The sound system is really good for a van. The SE came with the sub speaker system which gives it a little thump! I have used nothing but synthetic oil in the engine since it was new. It will burn approximately 1 quart of oil every 5K miles. I also have my oil analyzed at Blackstone Labs every 7.5K when I do the oil change. So far, engine wear is below the average level for this engine. I attribute this to the synthetic oil usage. I don't use the high dollar Mobil 1 or other high performance synthetic oils. I just use the Walmart brand synthetic since this is not a high performance engine. I used Mobil 1 in my 90 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo because this engine was a high performance engine and was often ran very, very hard. If you use synthetic oil, you can run this oil for the full 7.5K oil change interval recommended in the owner's manual. There is no need to change it every 3K miles like the oil companies recommend. They really like to see you spend your money for their oil! I'm going to change the transmission oil filter and oil when she hits 120K just to be safe. I have not had to touch the exhaust system so far, which is almost hard to believe. The muffler still looks and sounds good and the stainless still exhaust piping should last the entire life of the van. The van has a high performing AC system and the heat is warm within just a mile or two of starting out. There a few rattles in the sliding doors and rear hatch when you hit a fairly large bump, but it's not too bad. The van is definitely past middle age, so what would you expect? I have some rattles now, too. I hope this review helps you. If you can find a good used Quest van, I'd recommend it. No, you will not get a polished van like what is produced today. But you will save approximately 30K dollars if you were to buy a new one. Good luck."

Good quality vehicle

By on Sunday, February 3, 2008

"I have a 2002 model that I bought used in 2005 with 45k miles on it. I have since put almost 60k more miles on it and have had only 1 unexpected engine repair performed. I use this vehicle as a daily work van in addition to personal use and have been pleased with how near bullet-proof it has performed. It's not quite as nice as the Odyssey or Sienna but it is a better $ value. I would definitely reconsider the Nissan."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I own a 2000 Nissan Quest and never had any major problems with it. It just turned 80,000 miles and still running strong! I kept the oil changed and tires with tread. I performed the required maintenace and glad I did! These vehicles were made very well. I would recommend it to a friend. Lots of room with 3rd row seating and cargo space is plenty. Rear air helped with hot days and a lot passengers. Excellent vehicle!"

very reliable

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"I have had my van for 2 years have had no mechanical problems.However, hard to vacuum and the plastic parts on window and side door are fragile.I love how comfortable the front seats are and love how it rides. Do not like that it has no heat in the back of the van but it has air in that area.Overall I love my van."

Great Sporty Van

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"I've had my van for over 7 years and it's still going strong. I was not a 'van' person and didn't want to have to drive a large mom van since I'd had sportier cars before. The Quest fit the bill as it's fun to drive and doesn't feel like you're driving a truck. I've only had it in the shop twice (once for a recall & once to recharge the air conditioning). It runs fantastic and has plenty of power going over the mountains, even loaded. The rear quad seats are a bit small now that my sons are teens and over 6' tall, but other than that it's been a great car."

Great Value

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Less expensive than most counterparts. This is our second Quest. We put 40,000 miles on the first one in two years (a 2000). While getting it serviced at the dealer they made me a great offer on the 2002. The 2002 only has 60,000 miles in five years. Runs great and is very comfortable. We get about 15 mpg in town and 21 on the highway. My only complaint is the windows in the sliding doors pop open when you close the door."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"I bought my vehicle about 2 1/2 years ago used. It was 4 years old with 80,000 miles. I have put almost 80,000 more miles on it. The only repairs that have done to it was replaced 5 of the fuel injectors(that could have been from lack of service by previous owner). I like the fact that the Service engine light came on as the injectors were going bad. It didn't break down on me. I have been running sea-foam thru it with every other oil change & haven't had any more problems. I especially like that this van is low maintenance."

Great for family

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I was very hesitant when I bought this van because it is made on Ford production line but it has really surprised me. We have had it for almost 5 years and it has been a great car. This car is excellent for people who have numerous children or family members to tote around."

Loved my van!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I have owned this van for almost 2 years and loved every minute of it!!! Other than normal maintainance, we have done NOTHING to it and it runs great. It had alot of power to move even loaded with 7 people and luggage.....Luggage has to be in the roof bag but still a comfortable ride!!!"

comfortable ride

By on Friday, April 2, 2010

"This van served it's purpose for a mom of 2 small kids. Loved the tv for the kids- good entertainment for long rides. After it hit 100k miles, I had to take it in for repairs regularly and I do mean regularly! I'm a teacher and each break I had to take it in for something (about 4 times per year) for the past 2 years. I'm finally selling it. It's a 10 year old vehicle now but it was well taken care of and still only has 118k miles. Van was okay but I would not buy another one. I have always been a honda fan and I have now purchased another Honda. No more repairs for me. I will buy nothing but Hondas from now on. The repairs I had done were some maintenance and some cosmetic. Mostly little things but lots of little things. Door handles on the sliding doors both broke within a couple months of each other."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I've owned my van since I bought it brand new in 1999. It's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Never has it left me stranded. I've had minor repairs on it, with the biggest thing being a front axel being just put on. Was great to have the VHS/TV when we drove to the shore and to Florida to keep the kids happy. I was the first one around to have anything like that in a car. Still works great. I'm getting itchy for a new vehicle, don't need a van but the Quest has done a great job for us these past 11 years!"

Wow, what a deal

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Bought new in 2000, now have 94000 miles. Friend bought a Honda at the same time. He's put ten times more money into repairs than I have. Kids loved the ride and video games they could play on the TV on long trips. The only inconvenience is the turning radius. This is the minivan you should own if you have kids."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"I bought my brand new Nissan Quest GLE in 1999 and am well on my way to 140,000 miles right now. My kids loved the van and, at 6'+, they never felt cramped. I've used it to haul everything from kids to lumber to furniture to rock! It pulls my trailer with ease. Performance has been awesome. Repairs have been very mild. Gas mileage is great. I couldn't have asked for a better investment. I've been told by mechanics that the engine (made by FORD) is one of the best made and will easily go to 350,000+ miles. I have never regretted buying my Quest. I love the leather seats and leg room. My kids loved the extra space the bucket seats allowed when removed for long trips. My grandfather loved the handles that helped him in and out. And all the kids loved sitting back and watching TV or their movies on the VCR. All in all.....an excellent buy!!!"

Great Van

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I have had a 1995 Quest and replaced it with a 2000 Quest. I bought both used. The 2000 had 150000 when I bought it and put on it 24000 since. No major maintenance other than Oil change. Driver's and front passenger's seat belts are hard to buckle because of the arm rest. Over all this is a great Van. Cheaper than the Sienna and Odessy"

comfort ride

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"a great value for your money, reliable and stilysh. I bought it with 60 K drove 30 and is reliable,good milleage/gl (about 22g/m)drive from L V to L A and it handles pretty nice. The 2 nd row seat it,s pretty heavy,hard to vacuum betteewn bucket seats because of the VCR, and the sliding door windows rattles."

Great value van

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"I bought used 2001 quest SE van about 1.5 years ago at 69K. I ran it for about 16K miles and runs great without any problem. Good driving comfort. Only complaint I have is windows rattle some time. Overall it is great value for money for a family with Kids and very reliable."

This has been a great car. We hate to let it go!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable. It seats 7. Great value."

Cons: "Poor fuel ecconmy. 18 MPG if you're lucky."

"This has been such a good car we gave it to my daughter to keep it in the family."

Great Car..one owner..very good exterior

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Very good value"

Cons: "Year 2000."

"Single Owner, timing belt change at 103K, recent brake work. Good clean seats, carpets needs some shampoo at places..Running boards, roof rack, two tone color, great exterior, no accidents not even fender bender."

Great car for family.

By on Monday, December 14, 2009

"Bought this vehicle brand new in 1999. No problems at all with the van; regular oil change and maintained the van. kids enjoyed the video player when they were younger. Comfortable ride and very good handling. Excellent gas consumption."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Until this vehicle hit 150k miles, I never spent a nickle on it other than routine maintenance."

Good and Bad

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"We've had our 2000 Quest since 2003. For the most part it's been a reliable van but lately it has been expensive to upkeep. With only 111,000 miles, it has developed a rash of electronic problems. First an oxygen sensor replacement, then immediately afterward another oxygen sensor (both @ $275 to repair) and now a "knock sensor" @ $600 - $700 repair. Maybe this is just a fluke...other than that, have no complaints. Been very dependable and uses no oil!"

Great Bang for the Buck

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"After owning this minivan for 6 1/2 years, it has been a very reliable and comfortable vehicle to drive on long trips. It has also provided great service when having to carry bulky items and transporting 7 people. When I purchased this vehicle it was the right choice and no regrets."

Good Van

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"1999 Nissan Quest -Trans died at just under 180,000. Purchased it with 69,000. We figure it did not owe us anything, but still wish it would have lasted another 100,000 miles. Wife drove it to go fishing."

Good Value vehicle

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"Have had a Quest since it was new in 2000. Its very comfortable, reasonably quiet, handles well, returns good mileage on the highway. Rear A/C connections aren't great, both corroded creating a very expensive fix. Middle tip out windows don't seat tightly so they make some noise at cruising speed."