1999 Nissan Quest

8.0

Based on 114 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Decent car

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Dependable, good cargo space, great a/c"

Cons: "Poor gas milage, terrible acceleration"

"I bought this van new with all options. It seems like Nissan uses cheap parts for interior. It has always rattled a lot. The gas mileage is terrible and we did replace the transmission at approx 100k miles a d recently the engine mounts broke but no other major repairs so far."

Happy

By on Sunday, January 9, 2011

"I brought my van in Alaska...it has endured the toughest of winters and never let me down. I have drove it across country several times and its great on gas...I have been very satisfied with it so much that I recently purchase another Nissan vehicle. I'm looking to sell my Quest now because two cars isn't necessary right now...but I will truly miss her."

Very reliable

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"I have my Nissan Quest since 2005. It's mileage is more than 110,000 and... never had any problem. This is a great car. It's totally reliable."

3rd Quest

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"We put over 300,000 miles on our first Nissan Quest then gave it to a young couple who had outgrown their car - they put many more miles on it. Current van has 139,000 miles on it and is still in fabulous condition. We've had terrific luck with these vans!"

Good value

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Owned a number of Nissans. 140k on this one with out ever stopping. Sure got my money's worth."

KID MOBILE

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"This car is excellent if you have kids the quad seating keeps the kids far enough away from each other it keeps them from fighting it has plenty of room for all there gear. I would recommend it to anyone with a family. Also we have gymnastics 2 nights a week dance 3 days a week, girlscouts and tutoring it is always on the go. It is good on gas and has never left us stranded."

Good Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"Has been a good van. Wished it had fold under seats, the seat removal is heavy and awkward. Could never see the average 120lb soccer mom switching this out. All and all a good vehicle with ample power. Gas mileage at its age of 7.5 years old and 111,000 miles could be better, getting about 18 miles to the gallon, even mostly commuting on highway daily. Have never had any major problems with any of our 4 Nissans in the past. Alloy wheels are nice too."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, November 3, 2008

"I have had the Quest for 8 years now. It has been a very reliable vehicle. I have had only a few minor repairs needed. Thank you Nissan for a great vehicle. I will buy a Nissan again due to the performance of this vehicle."

FAMILY FRIENDLY

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Our family loves this van. We were in an accident & it held up great & kept us all safe. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"nice van bad gas milage my town and country got better milage. i have 50k on it windows rattles but the van runs good and the inside looks great"

Great minivan

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I have had my Quest for over 2yrs now and I absolutly love it...we have plenty of room for the kids and anyone else who wants to ride...the gas milage is not bad considering its a V-6 and it weighs 4000lbs...the syling is good too, I am in my early 20s and I dont feel an old woman...keep in mind it has 200,000 miles on it and still running strong(other than regular maintence) but yes I would recommend this to a friend"

Was alright for a while, until things went wrong!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Reason: Too many problems!

Pros: "Comfortable!!"

Cons: "Not the best quality on ANYTHING..."

"I don't have too much to say, since I only owned it for three months, but we put 3,000 miles on it, had to replace the distributor (#350 ) and had other annoyances to deal with. It seemed as the transmission was starting to go, as it was slow to shift from second to third, and seeing that this year (2000) was made by ford, it really wouldn't suprise me if the transmission was on its way out. It was also rusting pretty profusely in the rear sliding doors and inner rocker panels. *sigh* Otherwise, we LOVED The way it drove and rode (aside from the clunky front suspension...) It is VERY COMFORTABLE!!"

Best Value Minivan

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I bought this vehicle brand new and it now has 120,000 miles and has been an excellent vehicle. It still looks good and runs excellent. I have several comments when I have a rider as to how nice the van is. It still drives like new. Only problems I have had is the electric windows (both have been fixed) and the timing belt broke at 112,000 miles. It was replaced along with water pump for less than 800.00 and is back running like new. My next vehicle will be a Nissan."

Great Purchase

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "driving, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought car new in Feb. of 2002. Has had zero mechanical problems, other than replacing worn out parts (front and rear brakes - rear not until 136000 miles). Drives great for a van. Put together tightly, no gaps and rattles. MPG not so great - about 22 on highway and 17 in city."

Never again

By on Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"I have had my van since 2002. I just hit 100,000 miles. I have put 3 sets of brakes on the car (due to a defect of some sort-so I am told) . The front driver side door handle broke ($600 to get a black hande, $800 to get the paint to match the van). Next the passenger side door handle broke. Not spending $800 to fix this one, so my kids have to climb across the back seat. This is when we can actually get one of the doors open since they tend to freeze easily, and all the time! I have replaced the blower motor (the switch that lets you turn the heat/AC from low to medium to high) 4 times at $50 each time. The rearview mirror had something funky happen so it is stuck in the night-time vision mode. And the final straw was the radio lights and SOME of the dash lights went out. Not a fuse, and about $800 to take apart the entire dash to find/fix a lightbulb (glad I know which button is my fave radio station). Oh-the VCR broke after about 2 years, and the van is AWFUL in the snow. Glad to be unloading this van in the next week. Totally turned off of from Nissans-forever."

Good value overall

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"Owned since new and have taken good care of vehicle. Have had a few minor repairs done over the 145000 miles of driving. One window regulator replaced, radio light repaired, CV axle boots replaced at about 95K, heater core leak replaced, but just recently the cruise control stopped working - haven't had it repaired yet. It does get good gas mileage of about 21mpg in general mixed use and 25mpg on the highway when you drive 60mph or lower. Oh yeah also the vcr/video player did go bad after a few years and I never replaced it but just got couple of small mobile DVD players for longer trips with the kids. Engine and transmission have been great and I think it has very god power and handling - the SE has 225-60-16's and I think that helps the handling."

Very reliable... bought the van used in 2008.

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passenger"

Cons: "Exterior was not designed properly"

"Bought the Van in 2008 from a used lot, with 106,000 miles. No major work was ever needed, change every 3,000 and brakes when needed. All repairs done by me. The only down fall to this van, it is not stylish enough. "If you have a treat it right it will love you back""

My 2000 Nissan Quest is awesome!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"I bought it at eleven years old, and it's a great vehicle. The only small issues are the heat only work on high (resistor) and the door handle on the passenger front door doesn't work on the outside (it came unhooked inside the door panel). There is some rust on the sliding doors, but other than that it is a great vehicle! It's comfortable, great looking, and reliable. I would recommend it to anyone. There are a lot of convenient features!"

It's honestly becoming a headache...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Convenient features."

Cons: "Poor quality on almost everything..."

"We bought this van used, and have only had it a short time. The transmission is slipping into reverse, and sometimes when it's cold won't go in reverse at all. There has been a mysterious clunk in the front end, which is annoying. The passenger side door handle came unhooked inside the door, and only works from the inside, which is another annoyance. It is rusting on the sliding doors, and the rocker panels. The motor runs good and strong, and always starts on the cold days, however it is more noisey than your average motor. We love this van, it drives awesome and is very comfortable. It has many convenient features, it was just made with poor quality. I am disappointed overall, and sad but glad to see it go."

Nice ride, drives like a car

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive definately!"

Cons: "I can't think of anything I don't like"

"I love this van, the look is different and it drives like a car. It's comfortable, has lots of room and the kids love it. It has two sliding doors one on each side which makes it very easy for kids to get in and out. I never wanted a minivan because of the soccer mom look but this van looks more like a wagon van mix and I absolutely love it, mine has over 150,000 miles on it but drives like it has 2. I would definitely recommend this car for any one who needs the space and still want an original look."

worsed minivan

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I had it for last four years. body parts are falling down. Nissan USA representative were very rude. I do not want to deal with Nissan any more. All over sales personal talk unprofessionally. When my friends and relative heard my hardship, Six of my contact people did not buy nissan vehicle. Axle ruined after 45000 miles. some nuts and bolts fall down. some parts like window motor broke at 50000 mile and I called Warrenty department, I talk to All America sales person they did not want to replace axle or motor and were very rude. She talk talk so cheap. I never expected such Un-professional behavior from Nissan people. May be they are selling more and attractive Vehicle but i do not rely on them."

Great van, minimal repairs

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "easy to park and drive, good price"

"I have owned my van since 2000. I purchased from a local dealer, as a program vehicle. It had less than 30,000 miles on it. I have maintain it regularly with oil changes and other required maintenance on a regular basis. When the engine got up to 95,000 miles we started using high-mileage oil. I have found that not all gas is the same and the engine does not like some of the newer blends. Exxon, Shell and Walmart brands seem to run the best. Also, I use Lucas fuel treatment on a regular basis to help keep the fuel injectors clean."

Greatest vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of room for passengers as well as storage."

Cons: "Console is not real sturdy."

"Totally reliable! One owner car that has been maintained on a regular schedule and it runs like a kitten still. Although most of the miles are highway miles, in town driving is great also. Have spent a minimal amount on repairs (sensors, tune-ups, and new struts, etc.) - couldn't be happier with it. The only reason I am even thinking about selling is because my spouse wants a pick-up."

My second Nissan Quest - First 1995 and now 2001

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Shorter than newer vans, cargo space, comfortable"

Cons: "Great to 110k..then a money pit. Not made to last."

"I like these vans because they are short enough to fit in my garage and because you can remove the middle seat, slide the back seat all the way up and have tons of room for hauling things. Then when you are done hauling...you slide the bench back and you have seats again. Both of my vans ran great until about 110K miles then they get expensive. 1995 needed all kinds of work including a new transmission. 2001 - I've repaired A/C compressor, multiple check engine lights (knock sensor that won't go away with repairs), multiple motor mounts (they are a bad design that often break)To name a few **sigh** I like my van...but am afraid it is becoming too expensive to keep. I think I will try Honda next time."