2010 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 473 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"We bought out '07 Pathfinder used. We had a minivan as our family vehicle, but wanted something that not only looked better, but also had some towing capability to meet our future demands (planning to purchase a boat). We stumbled on a deal on a used '07 Pathfinder and jumped at the opportunity. We have been very happy with it, and it fits pretty well in our family. My dad has an '06 Frontier and my mother-in-law has '01 Frontier. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with Nissan. The only thing that strikes me as odd with the Pathfinder, considering it's powered by the same VQ40DE (which is an incredibly smooth engine, especially for a V6) found in the Frontier and Xterra, is that it calls for premium gas, whereas the others call for regular. With gas prices where they are, the additional cost doesn't seem worth it for the slight bump in power the Pathfinder gets over the other two vehicles. But, we haven't had any problems running on mid-grade (no knock or pinging, no noticeable performance differences), so the premium isn't absolutely necessary, but it is generally a good idea to follow the manufacturer's fuel recommendations. We average between 17-18 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. We rarely use the third row, but it's nice having it - the kids can fit back there, and once they outgrow it, the dog will have her own seat. As for comfort, we thought the minivan we had was a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips, and this Pathfinder doesn't stray too far from that level of comfort. The ride quality is great - very car-like, as is the handling. As for quality, we haven't had any issues. We received all the records and a carfax report on it when we purchased it, and it doesn't appear it had any issues before we bought it, either. I would not hesitate to pack the family in it and make a cross-country trip. Overall, we love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking for a family hauler with some power and cargo space."

Excellent vehicle for the True Sportsman

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Everything is well made"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"This is one of the last true trucks (4x4) that Nissan has made. All new suv's are crossover. The only trucks are the Titan and suv's the Armada. Very nice but the fuel economy is why Energy Extremists go crazy. The fuel mileage is well below the manufacturer sticker estimate. That includes the Pathfinder up until 2013 when Nissan changed the Pathfinder to a crossover. They have the technology. Why don't they make trucks (4x4) that get good gas mileage? All the American Companies are doing it. It is making me decide either to go to American made trucks or stay loyal to Nissan and pay through my nose for fuel? Maybe KBB can change Nissan's mind? I need a new vehicle. It doesn't look like it's going to be a Nissan after 10 Nissan's in the last 14 years. I have to go back to American made."

Needs more room!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"It says it seats 7, but that must be 5 - 10 yearolds and 2 adults. 7 adults are NOT COMFORTABLE in this vehicle. It needs more room. Two car seats in the back means no room in the front and the very back seats are ridiculously small. Very dependable and drives great, gets about 20 MPG, so not bad."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Low cost to drive/own."

Cons: "Cloth seat design causes wear on edge, upon entry."

"Purchased it new in 2006 and drive 20K miles per year and haven't had a minute's trouble. Oil changed every 5K miles and all maintenance intervals met. This was first Nissan owned, after strong recommendation by relative, who owned a Maxima. Local dealer is very good and this experience let us to purchase a second Nissan, this time a Maxima two years ago. No reservations about recommending this vehicle to others."

Fun car, very dissappointed with major components

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "nice rugged design"

Cons: "hard to reach drivers door when open even to close"

"I drive alot for work, mostly highway, car serviced regularly, had major problems with fuel guage, radiator putting water in transmission, and transmission. All very expensive repairs with none under warrantee. Nissan was no help when I talked to them.VERY Disappointed"

Reliable vehicle at 6yrs and counting

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, well built, good looking vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage, DVD system not very ergonomic"

"I've been very happy with my Pathfinder LE. Just had my first "fix" at the service dept for delayed starting. For 6yrs and 81,000 miles I think that's pretty good. The gas mileage is not very good (15-16mpg around town; 18-19mpg interstate) but I knew that going in. All in all, very reliable, good looking vehicle that holds up well to normal wear and tear."

Awesome!

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I bought my 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4 new and it has been one awesome vehicle on and off road. I use premium fuel and synthetic oil, and the performance is amazing. It does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, which is very fast for a 5,000 pound SUV. That's about 1.5 seconds faster than rated. It gets 17.5 mpg overall, with mostly around town driving. It doesn't get much better mileage even with mostly highway driving, which is weird. The most mpg I've gotten overall was 18.5. It has been very reliable. It had one recall on an emissions part, but it was replaced quickly at not charge, of course. The third row seats are cramped in the foot area, but still good for the kids. Visibility overall is good. Stopping distance is just OK, but still good for a big SUV. The AWD system is very good, and better than the 4x4 system on snowy and icy roads. The 4x4 system is very good in difficult off road situations. Ground clearance is rated at 8 or 9 inches, but the overall effective clearance is actually about 11 inches. Emergency handling is very good for an SUV, especially because of the active safety features that control handling. The ride comfort is good, but not as comfortable as some other SUVs, but then the handling is better with the Pathfinder. It's hard to get great handling and comfort in a vehicle of this type, so I'd rather have good handling. The Ford Explorer had a more comfortable ride when I test drove it. Overall, it's not perfect, but still excellent, and better, in my opinion, than any other vehicle in it's class that I test drove before buying it."

its nice

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"I've had a 2007 Pathfinder SE for a little over a year now. Gas mileage is far from good.. about 15-16mpg in the city. Sometimes down to 12-13! But its an SUV-what do you expect. Highway I get about 18mpg. The 3rd row seat is a bit of a joke for adults, but handy in a pinch. We keep it down most of the time, the storage in the back with the 3rd row seats down is fantastic. With the seats up, the storage in the back is ok, a little smaller than a standard sized trunk of a car. So far it has run well-knock on wood! Only been to the garage for routine oil changes and maintenance. Drives nice too. Watch your speed! I find myself doing 80 and not even realizing it."

Good Alternative

By on Monday, August 3, 2009

"I bought 2005 Pathfinder with every option available minus navigation. Love the SUV. i am still getting 18.5 MPG combined, not great but I knew it going into. Love the ample storage space and third row seat is handy in a jamb. 2nd row seats are not confortable for Adults. Front row seats are very nice. After 4 years and 120,000 miles, still looks new and rides like new."

Great SUV/Poor Resale Value

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Love/Hate my 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4. Nissan's Dealership service Departments have always been pleasant and their advisors provide great customer service. Have had a few warranty issues with my 2005 since it was the first year of the new body style: 1) the driver's side power window switch stopped rolling down the rear windows 2) trailer hitch switch had a recall issue so I took it in for that so the switch wouldn't short out 3) have had a mysterious rattle under the dash near the parking break area that I can never reproduce when I take it in to the dealer but they are aware of it and the only other wierd issue to me is the the brakes squealled from day one of owning the vehicle when I backed up at low speeds and now squeal when I go thru say a drive thru at low speeds going forward....the pads are fine and the dealer has checked them and say the brakes are fine...that it is the material the pads are made of that cause the squeal so??? But all-n-all I do love the truck and these issues are minor to me overall. Gas mileage is horrorable and the resale value is pitiful so I will not be trading it in any time soon unless I want to be way upside down in my next vehicle. Oh, about the "wind issue" with just the back two windows down..it is only solved on my vehicle when all four windows are down...then I actually get zero wind/noise thru the truck and it is quite a pleasant ride. Would I buy another?...No, because it doesn't hold its resale value like I thought it would."