2010 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great Value for you Money

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Relible, good on gas, comfortabe ride."

Cons: "Needs MP3 input, rear AC controls on all models"

"Great reliable vehicle. Has taken the family on multiple trips without a single problem. Handles great and pretty comfortable. I would definitley recommend this year's model to anyone looking for a great and reliable SUV that doesn't drain your wallet on gas usage. The only thing that I regret is not purchasing the model with the rear AC controls and vents. Living in Florida, it gets really hot and the opptional third row seating, stays warm for a long time."

RUN AWAY

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"Do not buy a Pathfinder made between 2005-2008. I have had nothing but trouble with mine and have seen many web-sites complaining of the same problems I have had. The major issue is the radiator cracking which lets coolant into the transmission which ruins the transmission. $6000 . Just found out I have to replace the catalytic converter. Quoted by dealership at $1750."

Very Good Auto decreasing in newer models to good

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Right Size auto for our needs, pulled boat"

Cons: "decrease reliability trend/increasing op. costs"

"This was my third pathfinder, 92, 97, 2006. My very best was the first one. They (Pathfinders) started a down hill slide by going away from a "truck" style frame to a "car" uni-body. I wanted the truck ride. I pulled a boat much to heavy for the 1992's 3.0L engine. It never faltered. Never need any additional repair other than battery, oil changes etc. 120,000 wonderful miles of ownership/service. My 1997 needed all the body mounts replaced. It got so bad if you crossed a 2" snow ridge on the highway, you'd be thrown into the ditch before regaining control. My 2006 is on it's third belt and auto tensioner replacement. Then $1300 front end component repair, again it had became unable to drive on the highway. Complete front Rotor replacement at 60k miles, on it's second Heater fan, rear window strut replacement etc. etc. My disappointment of the decreasing quality is only exceeded by the $14,000 in emergency (stranded 5x's) on my Domestic 2005 Ford F250SD pickup. Pathfinder now look like a station wagon? Car's cost 2-3 x's as much...,but their reliability tanked? I bought a RAV4, not the same quality/size/or options. But it is only $10,000 more than the 1992 Pathfinder. Not the $46,000 if I were to stay with Pathfinders."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."

Very dependable car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"The only problem I ever had was the light that tells you that a tire is going down came on and is still on after 6 years. Not worth the time to take it in to get it fixed. The good thing about Nissans is that hardly anything ever goes wrong with them. The bad thing is that if something serious does go wrong under warranty you will have to fight to get Nissan to take care of it."

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Was sad to let it go!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "LOTS of interior room, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, RWD"

"Owned our Pathfinder for 3 years; just traded it in a few days ago. We've always loved this vehicle and it was a tough decision to let it go but it was time. For a family with kids & large dogs, it served us very well. It was a good reliable car (until a few months ago) & the flexibility of the 3rd row plus large cargo area saved us on many occasions. It was a smooth ride & very comfortable on road trips. HATED the 14 mpg & you'd better just call in sick if there's even a lick of ice on the roads (ours was RWD). We'd replaced 2 O2 sensors @ $400/ea & the clutch was going out. Overall, I loved my Pathfinder."

Get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reason: Constant repairs

Pros: "Lots of power"

Cons: "Mechanical nightmare"

"Owned the 2006 LE for 5 years. I bought it brand new. As soon as the factory warranty was up the following occured within 4-6 months of each other: 1.) Fuel tank sensor failed 2.) Timing chain tensioner replaced. 3.) Exhaust cross pipe(whatever that is) cracked. 4.) Radiator leaked into transmission-replaced transmission and radiator-fought with Nissan for months, finally they payed for transmission, I paid for radiator. 5.) All 4 U-joints failed. This is only the stuff I can recall, there is more. Best friend had the 2005 version, same exact problems, just traded mine in for 2012 Ford Escape Limited."

Best & Safest Vehicle(after 65mph accident!)

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I had this vehicle for 9 great months. I bought it used with 12k miles and have never had any problems with it. I loved this vehicle. We have a family of 5, 2 of my children are in carseats. Which was a little small but not unbearable. Anyway just survived a crash going 65mph and only had some bruising on my knees and little sorness from seatbelt. My husband was driving & he only got burn/blister on his hand from holding stering wheel while airbag inflated. My 15month old daughter bit her tounge and small fingernail type scratch on her neck. My poor vehicle took all of the impact for us. It was totaled, but we are alive & very well.(in case your wondering a 19(driver),17 & 21 year old traveling on a 2 lane road with a stop sign, drove straight across an intersection of a major 4 lane divided hwy into our path. No time to brake! Crash and that was it. They were driving an older Nissan Maxima which also held up pretty good, & they had some minor injuries(and were charged with the accident). The paramedic told me that was the 2nd Pathfinder he has seen in a major accident that the people faired really good, & he said he wanted to buy one. I too will be looking for another!"

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"We bought out '07 Pathfinder used. We had a minivan as our family vehicle, but wanted something that not only looked better, but also had some towing capability to meet our future demands (planning to purchase a boat). We stumbled on a deal on a used '07 Pathfinder and jumped at the opportunity. We have been very happy with it, and it fits pretty well in our family. My dad has an '06 Frontier and my mother-in-law has '01 Frontier. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with Nissan. The only thing that strikes me as odd with the Pathfinder, considering it's powered by the same VQ40DE (which is an incredibly smooth engine, especially for a V6) found in the Frontier and Xterra, is that it calls for premium gas, whereas the others call for regular. With gas prices where they are, the additional cost doesn't seem worth it for the slight bump in power the Pathfinder gets over the other two vehicles. But, we haven't had any problems running on mid-grade (no knock or pinging, no noticeable performance differences), so the premium isn't absolutely necessary, but it is generally a good idea to follow the manufacturer's fuel recommendations. We average between 17-18 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. We rarely use the third row, but it's nice having it - the kids can fit back there, and once they outgrow it, the dog will have her own seat. As for comfort, we thought the minivan we had was a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips, and this Pathfinder doesn't stray too far from that level of comfort. The ride quality is great - very car-like, as is the handling. As for quality, we haven't had any issues. We received all the records and a carfax report on it when we purchased it, and it doesn't appear it had any issues before we bought it, either. I would not hesitate to pack the family in it and make a cross-country trip. Overall, we love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking for a family hauler with some power and cargo space."