2007 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 479 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great Value for you Money

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Relible, good on gas, comfortabe ride."

Cons: "Needs MP3 input, rear AC controls on all models"

"Great reliable vehicle. Has taken the family on multiple trips without a single problem. Handles great and pretty comfortable. I would definitley recommend this year's model to anyone looking for a great and reliable SUV that doesn't drain your wallet on gas usage. The only thing that I regret is not purchasing the model with the rear AC controls and vents. Living in Florida, it gets really hot and the opptional third row seating, stays warm for a long time."

RUN AWAY

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"Do not buy a Pathfinder made between 2005-2008. I have had nothing but trouble with mine and have seen many web-sites complaining of the same problems I have had. The major issue is the radiator cracking which lets coolant into the transmission which ruins the transmission. $6000 . Just found out I have to replace the catalytic converter. Quoted by dealership at $1750."

Very Good Auto decreasing in newer models to good

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Right Size auto for our needs, pulled boat"

Cons: "decrease reliability trend/increasing op. costs"

"This was my third pathfinder, 92, 97, 2006. My very best was the first one. They (Pathfinders) started a down hill slide by going away from a "truck" style frame to a "car" uni-body. I wanted the truck ride. I pulled a boat much to heavy for the 1992's 3.0L engine. It never faltered. Never need any additional repair other than battery, oil changes etc. 120,000 wonderful miles of ownership/service. My 1997 needed all the body mounts replaced. It got so bad if you crossed a 2" snow ridge on the highway, you'd be thrown into the ditch before regaining control. My 2006 is on it's third belt and auto tensioner replacement. Then $1300 front end component repair, again it had became unable to drive on the highway. Complete front Rotor replacement at 60k miles, on it's second Heater fan, rear window strut replacement etc. etc. My disappointment of the decreasing quality is only exceeded by the $14,000 in emergency (stranded 5x's) on my Domestic 2005 Ford F250SD pickup. Pathfinder now look like a station wagon? Car's cost 2-3 x's as much...,but their reliability tanked? I bought a RAV4, not the same quality/size/or options. But it is only $10,000 more than the 1992 Pathfinder. Not the $46,000 if I were to stay with Pathfinders."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."

Best & Safest Vehicle(after 65mph accident!)

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I had this vehicle for 9 great months. I bought it used with 12k miles and have never had any problems with it. I loved this vehicle. We have a family of 5, 2 of my children are in carseats. Which was a little small but not unbearable. Anyway just survived a crash going 65mph and only had some bruising on my knees and little sorness from seatbelt. My husband was driving & he only got burn/blister on his hand from holding stering wheel while airbag inflated. My 15month old daughter bit her tounge and small fingernail type scratch on her neck. My poor vehicle took all of the impact for us. It was totaled, but we are alive & very well.(in case your wondering a 19(driver),17 & 21 year old traveling on a 2 lane road with a stop sign, drove straight across an intersection of a major 4 lane divided hwy into our path. No time to brake! Crash and that was it. They were driving an older Nissan Maxima which also held up pretty good, & they had some minor injuries(and were charged with the accident). The paramedic told me that was the 2nd Pathfinder he has seen in a major accident that the people faired really good, & he said he wanted to buy one. I too will be looking for another!"