2006 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 475 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great Value for you Money

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Relible, good on gas, comfortabe ride."

Cons: "Needs MP3 input, rear AC controls on all models"

"Great reliable vehicle. Has taken the family on multiple trips without a single problem. Handles great and pretty comfortable. I would definitley recommend this year's model to anyone looking for a great and reliable SUV that doesn't drain your wallet on gas usage. The only thing that I regret is not purchasing the model with the rear AC controls and vents. Living in Florida, it gets really hot and the opptional third row seating, stays warm for a long time."

RUN AWAY

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"Do not buy a Pathfinder made between 2005-2008. I have had nothing but trouble with mine and have seen many web-sites complaining of the same problems I have had. The major issue is the radiator cracking which lets coolant into the transmission which ruins the transmission. $6000 . Just found out I have to replace the catalytic converter. Quoted by dealership at $1750."

Very Good Auto decreasing in newer models to good

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Right Size auto for our needs, pulled boat"

Cons: "decrease reliability trend/increasing op. costs"

"This was my third pathfinder, 92, 97, 2006. My very best was the first one. They (Pathfinders) started a down hill slide by going away from a "truck" style frame to a "car" uni-body. I wanted the truck ride. I pulled a boat much to heavy for the 1992's 3.0L engine. It never faltered. Never need any additional repair other than battery, oil changes etc. 120,000 wonderful miles of ownership/service. My 1997 needed all the body mounts replaced. It got so bad if you crossed a 2" snow ridge on the highway, you'd be thrown into the ditch before regaining control. My 2006 is on it's third belt and auto tensioner replacement. Then $1300 front end component repair, again it had became unable to drive on the highway. Complete front Rotor replacement at 60k miles, on it's second Heater fan, rear window strut replacement etc. etc. My disappointment of the decreasing quality is only exceeded by the $14,000 in emergency (stranded 5x's) on my Domestic 2005 Ford F250SD pickup. Pathfinder now look like a station wagon? Car's cost 2-3 x's as much...,but their reliability tanked? I bought a RAV4, not the same quality/size/or options. But it is only $10,000 more than the 1992 Pathfinder. Not the $46,000 if I were to stay with Pathfinders."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"We bought out '07 Pathfinder used. We had a minivan as our family vehicle, but wanted something that not only looked better, but also had some towing capability to meet our future demands (planning to purchase a boat). We stumbled on a deal on a used '07 Pathfinder and jumped at the opportunity. We have been very happy with it, and it fits pretty well in our family. My dad has an '06 Frontier and my mother-in-law has '01 Frontier. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with Nissan. The only thing that strikes me as odd with the Pathfinder, considering it's powered by the same VQ40DE (which is an incredibly smooth engine, especially for a V6) found in the Frontier and Xterra, is that it calls for premium gas, whereas the others call for regular. With gas prices where they are, the additional cost doesn't seem worth it for the slight bump in power the Pathfinder gets over the other two vehicles. But, we haven't had any problems running on mid-grade (no knock or pinging, no noticeable performance differences), so the premium isn't absolutely necessary, but it is generally a good idea to follow the manufacturer's fuel recommendations. We average between 17-18 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. We rarely use the third row, but it's nice having it - the kids can fit back there, and once they outgrow it, the dog will have her own seat. As for comfort, we thought the minivan we had was a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips, and this Pathfinder doesn't stray too far from that level of comfort. The ride quality is great - very car-like, as is the handling. As for quality, we haven't had any issues. We received all the records and a carfax report on it when we purchased it, and it doesn't appear it had any issues before we bought it, either. I would not hesitate to pack the family in it and make a cross-country trip. Overall, we love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking for a family hauler with some power and cargo space."

Very dependable car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"The only problem I ever had was the light that tells you that a tire is going down came on and is still on after 6 years. Not worth the time to take it in to get it fixed. The good thing about Nissans is that hardly anything ever goes wrong with them. The bad thing is that if something serious does go wrong under warranty you will have to fight to get Nissan to take care of it."

Was sad to let it go!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "LOTS of interior room, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, RWD"

"Owned our Pathfinder for 3 years; just traded it in a few days ago. We've always loved this vehicle and it was a tough decision to let it go but it was time. For a family with kids & large dogs, it served us very well. It was a good reliable car (until a few months ago) & the flexibility of the 3rd row plus large cargo area saved us on many occasions. It was a smooth ride & very comfortable on road trips. HATED the 14 mpg & you'd better just call in sick if there's even a lick of ice on the roads (ours was RWD). We'd replaced 2 O2 sensors @ $400/ea & the clutch was going out. Overall, I loved my Pathfinder."

Get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reason: Constant repairs

Pros: "Lots of power"

Cons: "Mechanical nightmare"

"Owned the 2006 LE for 5 years. I bought it brand new. As soon as the factory warranty was up the following occured within 4-6 months of each other: 1.) Fuel tank sensor failed 2.) Timing chain tensioner replaced. 3.) Exhaust cross pipe(whatever that is) cracked. 4.) Radiator leaked into transmission-replaced transmission and radiator-fought with Nissan for months, finally they payed for transmission, I paid for radiator. 5.) All 4 U-joints failed. This is only the stuff I can recall, there is more. Best friend had the 2005 version, same exact problems, just traded mine in for 2012 Ford Escape Limited."

Best & Safest Vehicle(after 65mph accident!)

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I had this vehicle for 9 great months. I bought it used with 12k miles and have never had any problems with it. I loved this vehicle. We have a family of 5, 2 of my children are in carseats. Which was a little small but not unbearable. Anyway just survived a crash going 65mph and only had some bruising on my knees and little sorness from seatbelt. My husband was driving & he only got burn/blister on his hand from holding stering wheel while airbag inflated. My 15month old daughter bit her tounge and small fingernail type scratch on her neck. My poor vehicle took all of the impact for us. It was totaled, but we are alive & very well.(in case your wondering a 19(driver),17 & 21 year old traveling on a 2 lane road with a stop sign, drove straight across an intersection of a major 4 lane divided hwy into our path. No time to brake! Crash and that was it. They were driving an older Nissan Maxima which also held up pretty good, & they had some minor injuries(and were charged with the accident). The paramedic told me that was the 2nd Pathfinder he has seen in a major accident that the people faired really good, & he said he wanted to buy one. I too will be looking for another!"

Excellent vehicle for the True Sportsman

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Everything is well made"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"This is one of the last true trucks (4x4) that Nissan has made. All new suv's are crossover. The only trucks are the Titan and suv's the Armada. Very nice but the fuel economy is why Energy Extremists go crazy. The fuel mileage is well below the manufacturer sticker estimate. That includes the Pathfinder up until 2013 when Nissan changed the Pathfinder to a crossover. They have the technology. Why don't they make trucks (4x4) that get good gas mileage? All the American Companies are doing it. It is making me decide either to go to American made trucks or stay loyal to Nissan and pay through my nose for fuel? Maybe KBB can change Nissan's mind? I need a new vehicle. It doesn't look like it's going to be a Nissan after 10 Nissan's in the last 14 years. I have to go back to American made."

Needs more room!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"It says it seats 7, but that must be 5 - 10 yearolds and 2 adults. 7 adults are NOT COMFORTABLE in this vehicle. It needs more room. Two car seats in the back means no room in the front and the very back seats are ridiculously small. Very dependable and drives great, gets about 20 MPG, so not bad."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Low cost to drive/own."

Cons: "Cloth seat design causes wear on edge, upon entry."

"Purchased it new in 2006 and drive 20K miles per year and haven't had a minute's trouble. Oil changed every 5K miles and all maintenance intervals met. This was first Nissan owned, after strong recommendation by relative, who owned a Maxima. Local dealer is very good and this experience let us to purchase a second Nissan, this time a Maxima two years ago. No reservations about recommending this vehicle to others."

Fun car, very dissappointed with major components

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "nice rugged design"

Cons: "hard to reach drivers door when open even to close"

"I drive alot for work, mostly highway, car serviced regularly, had major problems with fuel guage, radiator putting water in transmission, and transmission. All very expensive repairs with none under warrantee. Nissan was no help when I talked to them.VERY Disappointed"

Reliable vehicle at 6yrs and counting

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, well built, good looking vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage, DVD system not very ergonomic"

"I've been very happy with my Pathfinder LE. Just had my first "fix" at the service dept for delayed starting. For 6yrs and 81,000 miles I think that's pretty good. The gas mileage is not very good (15-16mpg around town; 18-19mpg interstate) but I knew that going in. All in all, very reliable, good looking vehicle that holds up well to normal wear and tear."

Awesome!

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I bought my 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4 new and it has been one awesome vehicle on and off road. I use premium fuel and synthetic oil, and the performance is amazing. It does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, which is very fast for a 5,000 pound SUV. That's about 1.5 seconds faster than rated. It gets 17.5 mpg overall, with mostly around town driving. It doesn't get much better mileage even with mostly highway driving, which is weird. The most mpg I've gotten overall was 18.5. It has been very reliable. It had one recall on an emissions part, but it was replaced quickly at not charge, of course. The third row seats are cramped in the foot area, but still good for the kids. Visibility overall is good. Stopping distance is just OK, but still good for a big SUV. The AWD system is very good, and better than the 4x4 system on snowy and icy roads. The 4x4 system is very good in difficult off road situations. Ground clearance is rated at 8 or 9 inches, but the overall effective clearance is actually about 11 inches. Emergency handling is very good for an SUV, especially because of the active safety features that control handling. The ride comfort is good, but not as comfortable as some other SUVs, but then the handling is better with the Pathfinder. It's hard to get great handling and comfort in a vehicle of this type, so I'd rather have good handling. The Ford Explorer had a more comfortable ride when I test drove it. Overall, it's not perfect, but still excellent, and better, in my opinion, than any other vehicle in it's class that I test drove before buying it."

its nice

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"I've had a 2007 Pathfinder SE for a little over a year now. Gas mileage is far from good.. about 15-16mpg in the city. Sometimes down to 12-13! But its an SUV-what do you expect. Highway I get about 18mpg. The 3rd row seat is a bit of a joke for adults, but handy in a pinch. We keep it down most of the time, the storage in the back with the 3rd row seats down is fantastic. With the seats up, the storage in the back is ok, a little smaller than a standard sized trunk of a car. So far it has run well-knock on wood! Only been to the garage for routine oil changes and maintenance. Drives nice too. Watch your speed! I find myself doing 80 and not even realizing it."

Good Alternative

By on Monday, August 3, 2009

"I bought 2005 Pathfinder with every option available minus navigation. Love the SUV. i am still getting 18.5 MPG combined, not great but I knew it going into. Love the ample storage space and third row seat is handy in a jamb. 2nd row seats are not confortable for Adults. Front row seats are very nice. After 4 years and 120,000 miles, still looks new and rides like new."

Great SUV/Poor Resale Value

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Love/Hate my 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4. Nissan's Dealership service Departments have always been pleasant and their advisors provide great customer service. Have had a few warranty issues with my 2005 since it was the first year of the new body style: 1) the driver's side power window switch stopped rolling down the rear windows 2) trailer hitch switch had a recall issue so I took it in for that so the switch wouldn't short out 3) have had a mysterious rattle under the dash near the parking break area that I can never reproduce when I take it in to the dealer but they are aware of it and the only other wierd issue to me is the the brakes squealled from day one of owning the vehicle when I backed up at low speeds and now squeal when I go thru say a drive thru at low speeds going forward....the pads are fine and the dealer has checked them and say the brakes are fine...that it is the material the pads are made of that cause the squeal so??? But all-n-all I do love the truck and these issues are minor to me overall. Gas mileage is horrorable and the resale value is pitiful so I will not be trading it in any time soon unless I want to be way upside down in my next vehicle. Oh, about the "wind issue" with just the back two windows down..it is only solved on my vehicle when all four windows are down...then I actually get zero wind/noise thru the truck and it is quite a pleasant ride. Would I buy another?...No, because it doesn't hold its resale value like I thought it would."

A Real Gem

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"After 65,000 miles, I just had the full 60K service done, the truck still runs like new. PROs - looks good, powerful, great cruiser on the freeway, good stereo CONs - loud engine when accelerating, but hey, its fast. I do a lot of road driving as well as local hauling for landscaping. Can't beat this truck. I say truck, becuase it is more truckish than most SUVs. If you like driving Trucks, you will like this. If you don't like the "roughness" of trucks, then get a Murano or other crossover. I still don't understand why critics like the 4runner better. It is narrower inside, and less attractive outside. Don't get me wrong, I love Toyota's as I traded my Tundra for the Pathfinder, but the Pathfinder is better than the 4 runner in my opinoin."

The BEST SUV ever!

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, good price, nice looking"

Cons: "None - I like it alot."

"I love my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE. No problems, runs great and will be trading it in this month for the new 2014 Pathfinder. I had a 2008 before this one and had no problems with that one either. The 2010 gets even better gas mileage than my last one, about 21mpg. I get regular oil changes and take good care of it. I am looking forward to getting another Nissan Pathfinder."

Best Car

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun"

Cons: "Needs better gas milage"

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It has been the best. I have been looking for a more gas efective or electric car but I will never part with this one."

Great for the family. Which i had it since new

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "It's strong"

Cons: "Gas AVG 16-23"

"I bough it used, also a used 2005 base model"

It is a great mid-size SUV! Reliable,economical

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Great SUV with comfortable ride and reliable engine. Only problem is an annoying squeak when going over a bump that no one can pinpoint. Seems to be in the front wheel well area. We tow a 20ft bowrider boat with no problems whatsoever. All we've done is replace the brakes in nearly 7 years!"

Definitely the BEST vehicle that I have ever had!

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Super Fun to drive, a lot of torque/horsepower"

Cons: "Not as spacious inside as like say the Tahoe, gas"

My Truck

"I love this vehicle! If it had just a little bit more room inside and a little bit better gas mileage it would be the PERFECT. I still love it though ;) I love Nissan anyway. THey know to make a great vehicle! Very Dependable. Wonderful features."

My Truck