2005 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 475 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"This gets great gass mpg for a suv 17.9 in town and 22 on hwy. I fined the Pathfinder to be a comfortable ride. The third row is kined of useles it is hard to get in and out of and seats are stiff. Overall my wife and I love our Pathfinder. We have had no mechanincal issues yet."

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I love the ride and drive of my Pathfinder. It rides like a car, but has all the room and versatility of an SUV. I get the same gas mileage as my Jeep Liberty which was much smaller. The second row is a little tight for 3 car seats, but otherwise the room is great. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Above Average Performance

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Dependable Transportation. Various noise problems with window and moonroof seals. One air conditioner malfunction on my 2005 SE. Poor Gas Mileage. 11 & 15."

GREAT SUV

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"After test-driving the 4-runner, Expedition, Tahoe, Acadia, and the Tribeca the Pathfinder clearly won by a long-shot. It has great power when needed and drives very car-like. It's breaking power is the best I have tested. The vehicle turns on a dime which makes it very convenient for city-driving. The interior design is trendy and refined (I have the technology package in mine). The second row is roomy and my kids love the high-seating and low window profile so they can see out the window. The third row is also roomy enough to fit two people comfortably, three might be a bit tight. I have leather seating in mine and the leather is soft and supple. This vehicle feels more expensive than what I paid for it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tried And True Pathfinder

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Stumbled onto the Nissan Pathfinder after being underwhelmed on test drives of the Jeep Cherokee and Toyota 4-Runner. I have the 2005 model and since it was the first year of the redesign, I had little reference. However, it has been consistent and pleasurable drive for short commutes as well as long hauls. Very comfortable and will eat up hills with better than expected power. Ton of room as I've used it to pack a ton of tailgating equipment in the fall as well as haul around 7 passengers besides me. Importantly, the current value is still hovering around $20,000 despite initial purchase price of around $29,000 before taxes and fees. The gas mileage is about average for an SUV which isn't great, it doesn't exactly stop on a dime, and it's turning radius is what it is. However, the positives greatly outweigh the unavoidable deficiencies."

OK SUV

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Pretty decent SUV, but not impressed with the reliability or fuel economy. Good power from the engine, but not as refined as others and is starting to run rough after 3 years. Second row seat is not very roomy. I will be looking for something with better gas mileage and a more car-like ride. I would consider the new Murano, but have not been too impressed with my first Nissan experience."

Mechanically Dependable, but quirky

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Engine is strong with good acceleration. 4WD is very dependable although sometimes hesitates to dis-engage. Extremely comfortable seats for driving long-distances (8-12hrs). Very noisy both road noise and chassis creaking that is audible to pedestrians when you drive through a parking lot...repeat CHASSIS CREAKING. My vehicle has been limited to paved surface with the exception of 3 dirt road drives and one beach-sand drive (during which an F150 got stuck). If vehicle creaking/squeaking noises bother you, be very wary of this vehicle at >30k miles. Mine now has 34k, and even though it is warrantied, my dealer has been unable to resolve the noises. Also, when they had my car for diagnosis and repair, I was driving a loaner 2006 Pathfinder LE. It had the same chassis creaks! The noise will lead to me selling the car in the next 5k miles, when I had intended to keep until >75k miles. If it wasn't for the chassis noise, I would love give this car 5 stars. Nissan really got it right with this body-style, power-train and internal features."

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008