ZIP code

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 638 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Good 4x4 vehicle, poor gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have a 1999 LE pathfinder with automatic remote start. Everything works perfect and low maintenance. It runs great and is very roomy. It is so quiet that one can not tell how fast you are going. I live in VA and lately we have been getting lot of gusty winds and during these times the vehicle is so stable that it is surprising at times. The only complaint I have is that it gives poor gas mileage, but oh well it is an SUV."

Past 250,000 mile mark and still going strong..

By on Monday, September 26, 2016

Pros: "Won't have to worry about another car for 15yrs"

Cons: "a little slow on the "get up and go"."

"Bought this car new in late 1999 for $30,000. After 5000mi they found something wrong with the engine and immediately pulled it out and put a new engine in. Didn't cost me a penny. When it had about 200,000miles the transmission would not go in reverse. Had a rebuilt one put in and so far and 55,000miles later , still going strong. That cost me 1800.00 bucks. Never had a problem with the maxima engine. I've had this vehicle for 16 yrs, cross country trips, numerous san diego trips from s.f., and always super reliable. Always do the old change at 5k, and timing belt at 90k. If you can find one with low miles , I'd buy it. They last a long time..."

1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenence"

Cons: "A/C Doesn't Work"

"My dad bought this Pathfinder in August of 2006 with 80,000 miles on it. He only planned on keeping the truck until he paid it off, however, it just keeps running. It is an extremely reliable SUV. The only problems we have had with the Truck is that we have had the exhaust replaced twice and the Park Neutral Switch is causing a Service Engine Light. This car is great and even at almost 20, it is more reliable than some of my friends cars that are 10-15 years newer."

I love this Pathfinder

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

"It is a tank I've had 3 wrecks and it still ran GREAT. It go's VERY good in the snow,rain. I love the Pathfinder if you ever get a chance to own one you will love it too"

Best Year for this SUV

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, great in snow, never lets me down"

Cons: "Windshields are prone to damage. Be happy w/ 18mpg"

"I've put over 180,000 miles on this rig since 2003. Changed the fluids, changed the tires. Couple of years ago I put about $1,500 into it to bring it up to speed on maintenance. Car has never let me down. Only issues have been the rear wiper is touchy, the windshield is prone to cracks and I need to reconnect the left speakers. Love the interior and heated mirrors. Seating is great. Engine is really strong. Tranny has been great, while I'm on my 3rd for my Accord. After 2003, Nissan started making changes and my friends with new models notice the interior isn't as nice or as comfortable and the 2003 engine/tranny are much better. I get between 17 - 19 mph overall. 19-21 on hwy if you keep your foot out of it. I work my SUVs hard and I'm hoping to get another 100,000 miles out of the Pathfinder."

love it, bought it new, rear window break light

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

"rear window break light fell loose this week. This is the 1st repair ever required, replaced belts when they started squeaking, new brakes and rotors only veryyyyyyyy reliable car, had it 10 years plan on keeping it at least 10 more"

has never left me stranded at anytime

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "excellant daily driver easy to drive and maintain"

Cons: "gas mileage but in 1996 gas was a dollar a gal."

"This has been a reliable vehicle since I have owned it since 2006 I have put 130000 miles on it since buying it and have driven it everywhere even on long trips. Never any mechanical problems just replaced my starter and battery but if you maintain it they run for ever. It been a very good vechicle so thats why I stuck with nissan and bought a 08 Nissan Titan which is awesome."

Reliable

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"This suv has been great. The only problem I have had were the O2 sensors and the CD player. The cd player was replaced once in warrantee and it is now acting up again. So now I just used the radio. Overall, it is a good reliable vehicle. I would serious look at the another Nissan when I am in the market for another suv."

my gold 98 pathfinder

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"This has been a great car. Reliable as heck, with no maintenance surprises in 91k miles and 9 years of ownership. Smooth and quiet which I like. Multi adjustable leather seats make it extra comfortable. Only complaint is it is a little short on HP."

Reliable

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"I still own my 97 Pathfinder, got it with only 500 hundred miles. It has a little over 102,000 mile now and still running strong. Major work that I had done was replacement of the sway bars, clutch replacement..... Other than that, regular maintence...oil change, tune ups ect.. The side step bars rust underneath...to me it looked a sight, so had them removed. Besides that, very reliable, and it feels great not to have car payments!!!! looking to put on 100,000 more miles!"