1996 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 637 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Loved and babied this car till engine failed

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pros: "great vehicle for a while"

Cons: "Engine blows up"

"After babying this car which I loved for years, I had only 115000 miles on it when a design flaw caused the engine to fail. Nissan had recalled 2.5 liter engines with the same issue but never recalled the 3.5's which had the same issue. search for Nissan 3.5 power valve screw - the screws drop out of the intake into the piston and destroy the engine. If you are looking at one of these used - don't."

174,574 miles and counting!

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "Great value!"

Cons: "Center of weight too high."

"This car has only cosmetic and wear and tear damages from long term use, but when we talk about engine and transmission it will last forever. If you own one you know what I mean. This car acts like it doesn't understand aging, literally. As long as you keep changing all those fluids the life of a Pathfinder will keep extending until who knows when. I will volunteer my car to see how many miles you can get out of it. I have decided I'm keeping it forever. That's how satisfied I am about this vehicle. - Roberto Addarich"

Simply one of the Best vehicles ever made

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and easy to Maintain"

Cons: "Better gas mileage would be great"

"I bought my Pathfinder new in 1998 with only 3 miles on it. It has far exceeded my expectations. I have over 371,000 original one Owner miles on it, and it still runs strong. I've invested time and money in keeping the maintenance up. I'm hoping to reach my goal of getting over 400,000 miles on it. I can't justify getting rid of my Pathfinder considering all the the major components on the vehicle are less than year old. I'm looking forward to many more miles in my Pathfinder."

217,000 Miles and Still Going!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Needs Tougher Suspension to handle off roading"

"Owned since 1997 since buying it from a dealer that had it as their Program car. Have I meticulously maintained it? Probably the first 4 or so years but since then? Not as well as it should have been. This car has been everywhere... mountains, skiing, cross country, off roading... everywhere... and now coming up on 218,000 miles. I need a new timing belt (should be replaced every 110,000 miles) and I've got some issues now such as a leaky front axle and leaky rack"

THE BEST CAR EVER, EVEN AFTER 5 OUTSTANDING MAXIMA

By on Monday, January 18, 2016

Pros: "RELIABLE, CONVENIENT, UNBEATABLE VALUE - DURABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE COMPARED TO NEW MODELS"

"IN 14 YEARS, IT ONLY REQUIRED 2 TUNE-UPS! TOTALLY RELIABLE. BOSE SOUND SYSTEM, HUGE STORAGE:REAR SEATS COLLAPSE TO CREATE A FULL STORAGE COMPARTMENT. FRONT SEATS TOTALLY RECLINE TO FORM CHAISE LOUNGES WITH THE REAR SEATS SO THAT YOU CAN VIEW THE FLIP-DOWN VIDEO SCREEN WITH WIRELESS HEADSET. INCREDIBLY CONVENIENT FOR ALL FAMILY NEEDS. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS CAR BUT WITH NEW CAR GAS MILEAGE & MY LONG COMMUTES, IT'S TIME TO GET - HMMM.... - ANOTHER NISSAN! I DROVE 5 MAXIMAS IN A ROW - EACH TO 280,000 MILES. THEY HAVE MY LOYALTY FOR LIFE. AFTER DRIVING FINICKY JAGUAR, CUMBERSOME (BUT STRONG!) VOLVO, UNRELIABLE FORD & CHEVY, NISSAN IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!"