1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 172 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

its a keeper

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"Bought my 95SE new and from the first day knew it was a keeper..drove 100 miles in a rain/snowstorm and not a problem! 138,000 miles and 13 years later, it still rolls like new! Except for some neglect on my end (not replacing drive belt when scheduled), it has never let me down. The boxy shape will stay in style forever, and the engine will outlive the car. Folding back seats are a life saver. Confort can't be beat for a taller individual. Unfortunately with the winters here in the northeast (NYC), the dreaded body rust is becoming an issue. Too bad the new paths are plastic paperweights compared to the old tanks!"

All good

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I bought my 95 Nissan Pathfinder used -- 3 years old. It has been an excellent car for me. I've been diligent about keeping up with preventative maintenance and have had no problems with this car. I hope it lasts me another 10 years."

1988 pathfinder

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"My wife bought this '88 in 1992 and we have over 220,000 miles on it now. It's been to Mexico, Canada, and all over the U.S., and we can't complain about the comfort. It runs fine, but is burning a little oil these days. Mostly standard maintainance, but a few other issues: the reverse lights shorted out, a motor mount broke off a few years ago, and some predictable aches and pains for a 20 year old rig. It gets about 20mpg, just like it always has. Plenty of get-up-and-go in normal conditions, but a it is bit underpowered for pulling our little travel trailer. It's a great vehicle and I highly recommend them for anyone who wants a small/medium SUV"

Worth keeping around

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I bought my '92 model XE Pathfinder in 1998 with 93k and now (2008) it's got 201k. I've put in ball joints, brakes, brake master cylinder, starter (2), tires (several), tune-ups (several), etc. into the car, and while she doesn't sound great, and looks a little rough, she starts up every time I turn the key. The exhaust system on this vehicle is loud, but no mechanic I've ever been to thought that it was worth fixing. I'm to the point where the years and the miles really show on the vehicle inside and out, but I still surprise people when I tell them how old it is: this remains a good looking little truck (SUV), one whose styling has remained current. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Nissan, and if I could find one of these older model Pathfinders I'd buy it in a second. (I don't like the new, larger body styles.) Mine no longer gets good gas mileage, but that's neither surprising nor particularly bad: the old girl's earned a rest. I've been very, very happy with this vehicle."

1995 SE

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"1995 SE 4x4. Bought in 2000 for $6000 with 80,000 miles. Now I have 168,000 miles. Have replaced the clutch and timming belt. Gas mileage was improved from 18 Hwy to 22 Hwy by using Mobil 1 Syn oil. No oil leaks, doesn't any oil between changes."