1994 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 172 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Nissan out did themselves

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"Well ive owned this car forever and its taken all the rolls and punches of work/school commute and out to the lake and taking me rockclimbing. Even taken some local road trips! If only fuel economy was a little better(but was not major issue!). I wish I could drive it forever i regret the day i let her go without a fight. I am now NISSAN Pathfinder Loyalist! Recommend all the time. True tank of the road. Easy to work on and maintenence in over 150,000miles has never broke down on me with good maintenance. Heck this lil import even has towed Suburbans, cars and truks of friends with tow chain. Must be funney to see a lil import pull a BIG suburban down the highway! Dont regret a single thing only that i had a manual transmission would be even MORE FUN."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"My Pathfinder has given me almost 15 years of quality service. The engine still runs great after over 220,000 miles and has now outlived the frame (rust) . It it is time to trade it in, but I am very satisfied with the quality and dependablilty that my Pathfinder has given me over the years."

great 4 x 4

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"i have covered the USA in my pathfinder. After 15 years of faithful service i am giving it to my aunt as with a larger family i just need more room... If you can find a well maintained vehicle this is the best vehicle you will ever own. Take good care of her and she will never let you down... If your are going to keep her, Always spend the few extra dollars on genuine nissan parts... the quality is so far above the junk at the auto store."

the toughest

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Ive owned 9 vehicles of all makes and my patfinder by far is the toughest most reliable, 1n 300000 miles it still has the original clutch all i ever had to do was an oil pressure switch shocks once and a fuel pump... and those didnt go out until 270000 miles"

better than average suv

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and goes anywhere"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency and under powered"

"Hope this is helpful."

Most reliable I've ever owned!!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "gas, only about 16m per gal."

"I bought mine in 1999 with 113k. It looked practically brand new, fully loaded, leather, sunroof,oversized wheels, 4WD. Only major issue was rebuilt tranny at 285k .. the rest has been normal svcs. Still running strong today. It is very comfortable, I keep it clean and drive it to work everyday .. 331k miles and counting. Great SUV!"

Can't let go!

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"As a second owner since 34000 mi, and maintaining it carefully, I find this the most fun, best handling tow vehicle (yes, even over my '04 suburban)I've ever had. With manual trans. it handles the heavy chores with aplomb and skips through the daily commute handily. At 165000 mi. 5th gear sings a little, so I stopped using it- no problem! The 3 L motor has been pampered with syntec and still DOESN'T USE A DROP OF OIL! Only major maintenance is clutch and timing belt. Only concern is rusting frame and underside of body- welder has reinforced it once- it's about time to again- 'don't want to look like Fred Flintstone out there!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Have owned many vehicles, BMW, Lexus. Mercedes, Porsche...but I feel that the 1993 Pathfinder SE w/ heated leather seats ( Hi/Low), Sport Suspension, Tow package, Limited Slip Rear Diff, and Factory Tinted windows has been very dependable and great in the snow. Note towed out many vehicles that were stuck in the Big Snow Storm in Portland 2008. Never any doubt that I couldn't get them out. Our Lexus RX 300 was OK...the Pathfinder was better.. The Michelin LTX M/S is THE tire for this vehicle. Ist set last 80K, 2nd set still looks like New. Only complaint: It needs the 3.5 l engine that came in the later Pathfinders.. One of the Best features: The beautiful well bolstered heated ( hi/low ) seats..there as good as the seats in the Porsche ! Like 'em better than the Lexus seats..Another great feature: the lift rear window in the the rear tailgate..very cool feature, as the dogs get to look out and get fresh air , while they travel in their kennels...They love it ! Also, love the roof rack for the trips to Home Depot...The Pathfinder tends to be thirsty, but the rig never breaks down ! highly recommend the Pathfinder..."

Overall very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"I bought my 95 pathfinder 4X4 9 years ago with 63,000 miles. I now have 330,000 miles and the engine still runs like new. Rebuilt the transmission about 30k miles ago due to reverse going out (automatic). Unfortunately, now the rear frame is rusted out like so many other pathfinders and hardbody pickup trucks. Really kind of disappointing because I just used this as a daily driver and had it oil sprayed every could years. Unfortunately, it's headed for the scrapyard now. Overall, a very reliable vehicle that only left me stranded one time (alternator). If you can find a rust free frame vehicle, I'd highly recommend it."

94 Pathfinder

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Good runner. Easy to maintain. Not great on wet roads but thats really my only complaint."