2013 Nissan NV3500 HD Passenger

9.6

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Hands down the best large van for a large family!

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "Everything, best full-sized van on the market."

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This is our second NV. Our first was a 2013 NV SV which we had for two years and 38k miles. We wanted to upgrade to the 2015 SL for the leather seats and the 100k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. I was astounded at the trade-in value of our 2013. Additionally, the dealer had our 2013 on their lot for a grand total of 1 day before they sold it - the day it went on their Web site it was sold. We love the 2015 more then our first 2013. Previous to the NV we had a 2011 Chevy Express 2500. Additionally, we have rented a 2014 Ford Transit while on vacation. In my opinion, neither of these vans are even in the same class as the NV. The NV wins in: 1. Size and space 2. Interior features and comforts 3. Technology 4. Warranty 5. Ride comfort 6. Looks 7. Power and towing ease Regarding item 1, The NV is huge. Tons of head room, leg room, etc. With the size though comes some issues. Don't try to fit in most parking garages and plan on parking toward the back of the lot at your local Walmart. When we rented that large Ford Transit for 12 days in 2014, once we returned to the airport and got back in our NV I felt like a midget. Item 2, interior features and comforts. All kinds of cup holders, power outlets and map pockets. While the Ford and Chevy's feel like their only purpose is to cart people back and forth from the airport to the hotel the NV feels like it is meant for a family to drive around town or on vacation in. Now this doesn't mean it has the same level of amenities as say a Toyota minivan but compared to the other vans in this segment it is the clear winner. Item 3, technology. Back-up camera (an absolute must as the rear-view mirror is nothing more than a windshield ornament due to the rear seat head rests), GPS, bluetooth, speaker phone. Again, not comparing the NV to a fancy SUV but compared to the other vans in this segment it has the best tech. Item 4, Warranty. It's not even a fair competition. 100k bumper-to-bumper come on now! We have yet to use the warranty on our 2015 with 12k miles. On the 2013 we had the van in twice for a rattly sliding side door (which seems to be a common issue). Also, the bumper bolts on the chrome bumper were starting to rust and causing rust streaks on the bumper. The front bumper was replaced twice for this. Item 5, Ride comfort. Again, not comparing the NV to a Cadillac but instead to the other full size vans. The ride is not even close. The ride on our Chevy 3500 was like sitting on a skate board down a rode with pot holes at 35 MPH. The Ford we rented was much, much better but still felt like a big truck. The NV rides very nice. No longer do I have to warn the family when we are getting ready to go down a bumpy road. Item 6 Looks. I love, love, love the look of our NV. We have a black SL with chrome wheels and bumpers and tinted windows. When it is all shined up in the summer it looks like a Secret Service or SWAT van. I also like that there are so few on the road and it gets attention. Recently we were 70 miles from home and saw a fried of ours who lived in that town sitting at a stop light next to us. She recognized us from a distance as soon as she saw our van. As far as looks, be prepared for gawkers. I would say that weekly, at the gas station or at the store, someone asks 'what the heck is that'. Finally, Power and towing ease. The Nissan never, ever fells like it is lacking power. We have a 7000 lb 32 foot travel trailer that we pull. With our Chevy, which had a Vortec 6.0L, you knew the trailer was back there. With the NV, I have actually found myself checking my mirrors to make sure I didn't lose the trailer. The NV has power to spare even when pulling a heavy trailer. In summary, my wife and our eight children love this van. It is hard for me to think of any negative comments. Obviously, it could be less expensive or have more tech but when doing an apples to apples comparison of the direct competition it is hard to find even one thing Chevy or Ford does better. If the NV is in your price range I would not even waste my time at the Chevy or Ford dealer!!!"

Very comfortable and very good work van.

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "Ride and room"

Cons: "gas mileage...loaded need v8"

"I brought my V6 hightop used with 36,000 miles. Empty I got about 18 mpg. Since I have loaded the van with my tools and equipment. I am now getting 13 mpg. This van is the best work van I have owned. The ride is smoothe and firm. I have a lot of leg room and head room in my van. The V6 is strong and qiuet. The only thing I wish for was a v8."

Very very nicely done Nissan. This is a hit

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "work friendly,smart, comfortable"

Cons: "transmission shifts a lot around 50 kph"

"I bought this 2 weeks ago used and drove it 1500kms home and just love it.It has 25000km and works like a charm. For work I haul around 1500pounds of stuff and the V6 works very well and is ample power. On the highway I got 18mpg and my combined now is showing about 16. Nissan have done a great job making sure of a convenient, comfortable and smart work truck with their amazing back doors and side sliding door. Inside everything is nicely done with grab handles to power outlets to tye downs and lots of compartments which I find great.I have a 2007 Chevy Express 2500 which is going for sale and good bye. If Chevy and Ford don't wake up the NV is going to kick their butt. There is no comparison in the boxes and comfort of the Nissan to the Chevy. I did not rate the reliability as I just purchased it but the previous owner said there were no issues whatsoever with it."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Pros: "price reliability fun to drive"

Cons: "side door heavy with nose down"

"I bought mine as a RV conversion and it is everything that I could want. I have the eight cylender version, it is fast maneuverable and so far no problems at 60,000 miles. At first when I saw it I thought it looked funny with that nose sticking out. But it is nice not having a huge cover inside the cab.Engine compartment is huge and if you need to work on it has lots of room to get around in. seating is comfortable and having camera screen in dash is great. Only minor negative is that side door is heavy and if you park nose down can be a bear to open. It is a great vehicle and great buy. Have shown my conversion more than 200 times"

Superb Quality/Great Value/Excellent MPGs

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

"I wanted a large Sprinter-type van, but could not afford 50,000 + dollars. I decided to check out the NV2500 HD, and I'm very happy I did. It had all the options: The power driver's seat is great, and maybe the most comfortable driver's seat I've ever had. I got this with the intention of turning it into a mobile Big Metal Tent for traveling. I'll be able to stand upright in the back, and I expect to be able to fit everything necessary for a cross country trip back there (no toilet, or plumbing) . I don't drive very hard, or fast, and on the freeway, out of the mountains, I get 20+ MPG....Average 18 altogether...I expect to have a long and happy relationship with this, my (hopefully) last retirement road trip machine...."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan NV3500 HD Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals