2012 Nissan NV3500 HD Passenger

9.6

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

I like my NV2500 SV V6 so far, some reservations

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "More comfortable than the competition, reasonable price"

Cons: "Questionable exterior fit and finish, lack of OEM parts and accessories"

"With under 1,000 miles on the odometer the NV is almost everthing promised. Since Nissan doesn't post MPG on commercial vehicles I thought it might be helpful to oters to know that my NV2500 SV with the 4.0 V6 gets between 16- 17 mpg (better than my 5.4 F150 Supercrew) with a mix of local and highway miles. The interior is very nice compared to the E150, although, if you're alergic to plastic you're in trouble. The reason my "Value", "Quality," and "Overall" ratings are 3's and 4's relate to exterior fit and finish. If you are considering buying one of these vans be sure to check the finish on the roof. While watertight, spotwelds are visible on the roof (through the paint), seams in the various sections of roof look a little "forced", and locations where the roof rack brackets attach to the roof (on my van) are down-right sloppy. There are large amounts of what appears to be the sealant "goop" spread throughout the channel containing the roof brackets, and this entire mess is painted over. While functionally the roof does it's job, and because of it's out-of-sight it may not be a big deal to some buyers, but it just seems sloppy for a new vehicle. Hopefully Nissan will address these quality issues. The final issue relates to any new vehicle I suppose, but, be sure that any options that you want on the vehicle are installed at the factory not by the dealer (if possible). In my case, I wanted the rear door glass package and shock-sensors on the van, and was told that they could be added later (they would arrive in "about 2 weeks"). Well, after 3 weeks they are still not available, and it is unclear when they will become available, at what price, and whether they will be as good as the factory installed options (i.e.,whether or not the windows will have defrosters, etc.). All in all I like my NV. Once the options I want are installed it should serve it's purpose for the next 8- 10 years. We'll see..."

Far more comfortable than any other cargo van...

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort, functionality, storage, cargo area"

"So I have driven the NV on a few test drives and would have to say the lack of the engine inside the vehicle like the Chevrolet and Ford makes it by far the most comfortable van I've ever driven. Very comfortable seats and a ton of foot and legroom. I set the cruise control on the 2500 Low Roof V6 and the computer stated 18.6 MPG's which was great as fuel eceonomy is a concern for me. I have driven many Chevrolet and Ford Cargo Vans over the years and the NV is by far a superior product. The walls of the van are straight and with the shelves I saw at the dealer looks like a lot less wasted space. It will be nice to finally have a center console, cup holders and storage for my laptop and the under seat storage drawers are a nice touch. As far as there being too much plastic, I guess there is a lot of it but it seems well put together... I was interested more in the V6 when I heard it had more HP than the Ford V8 engine and still got better fuel economy. All in all a great van, especially for someone in their van ALL day"

Best 12 passenger van available hands down.

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, safer. Tows very well."

Cons: "dash board set up poor."

"Just returned from a Tx to FL trip with 9 us in the van and towing a 30 ft. travel trailer. This van blows away my previous vans; a 2002 Dodge 3500 and the 2007 Ford E350XLT 6.0 Turbo-diesel that I traded in on this. The handling , comfort, stability and power of this van are all impressive. The transmission is amazing in how it handles towing a large load, I never once had to floor it. The three 12 volt and two 120volt outlets were very handy. Without a trailer the backup camera makes parking this beast absolutely easy. Biggest drawbacks; not offered with running boards or any type of video options. This van is the only one to have for large families like ours"

Hands down best work van ever made!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Ride, looks, power, gas milage,etc"

Cons: "Ladder rack placement"

"I have owned the van for four months now and have now complaints at all! I that time I have put over 15000 miles on the NV1500 and it is alot smoother then the ford or chevy that I have driven owned in the past. If they can build enough of them this will take the place of the Ford and Chevy models now offered. They have not left anything out on this Van. Now with eveything there are good and bad points. The good is ride, gas milage, power, space, looks(everyone wants to know what it is?), and the rear doors make loading and unloading much easier. Now the only bad thing I have found so far is the ladder rack mounting points. They offer alot of different options put the rear one is not back far enough. It is hard to put large ladders on the van without scratching the roof. Besides that I would recomends this to anyone loking at buying a new work van."

Great value, but not fancy

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pros: "Great price, very easy to drive"

Cons: "few options, leather seats are disappointing"

"We have a 2015 that I drive everyday. Really like the car. Gas mileage averages 15mpg, but I commute on the interstate (at or over 70)every day. The ride and seating options are great. My husband has a truck that is the same length, and it is much more difficult to turn and navigate than the NV--the front and rear sonar along with the rear camera and huge side windows really help to ensure that you have a clear view whether backing up, changing lanes, or squeezing into a tight spot. I wish there were more options to choose from--like automatic headlights and motorized sliding door. I have had headlights that you can set to automatically come on at night for over 10 years--not even an option on the NV3500. The sliding door is quite heavy. Our children are young, and we don't allow them to try to open the door, as our driveway is steep and if the door is not latched in the open position, can fall back on them. They are not strong enough to stop the door once it begins moving forward. :-( The leather seats are a bit of a disappointment. They are a pretty low grade leather--not at all like the leather in their Altimas. Recently, the leather on the driver and front passenger seats began to discolor--like they were picking up the color from the dark pants that I have to wear to work. At only 5 months old, that is not expected. Hopefully, that will be resolved."

Hands down the best large van for a large family!

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "Everything, best full-sized van on the market."

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This is our second NV. Our first was a 2013 NV SV which we had for two years and 38k miles. We wanted to upgrade to the 2015 SL for the leather seats and the 100k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. I was astounded at the trade-in value of our 2013. Additionally, the dealer had our 2013 on their lot for a grand total of 1 day before they sold it - the day it went on their Web site it was sold. We love the 2015 more then our first 2013. Previous to the NV we had a 2011 Chevy Express 2500. Additionally, we have rented a 2014 Ford Transit while on vacation. In my opinion, neither of these vans are even in the same class as the NV. The NV wins in: 1. Size and space 2. Interior features and comforts 3. Technology 4. Warranty 5. Ride comfort 6. Looks 7. Power and towing ease Regarding item 1, The NV is huge. Tons of head room, leg room, etc. With the size though comes some issues. Don't try to fit in most parking garages and plan on parking toward the back of the lot at your local Walmart. When we rented that large Ford Transit for 12 days in 2014, once we returned to the airport and got back in our NV I felt like a midget. Item 2, interior features and comforts. All kinds of cup holders, power outlets and map pockets. While the Ford and Chevy's feel like their only purpose is to cart people back and forth from the airport to the hotel the NV feels like it is meant for a family to drive around town or on vacation in. Now this doesn't mean it has the same level of amenities as say a Toyota minivan but compared to the other vans in this segment it is the clear winner. Item 3, technology. Back-up camera (an absolute must as the rear-view mirror is nothing more than a windshield ornament due to the rear seat head rests), GPS, bluetooth, speaker phone. Again, not comparing the NV to a fancy SUV but compared to the other vans in this segment it has the best tech. Item 4, Warranty. It's not even a fair competition. 100k bumper-to-bumper come on now! We have yet to use the warranty on our 2015 with 12k miles. On the 2013 we had the van in twice for a rattly sliding side door (which seems to be a common issue). Also, the bumper bolts on the chrome bumper were starting to rust and causing rust streaks on the bumper. The front bumper was replaced twice for this. Item 5, Ride comfort. Again, not comparing the NV to a Cadillac but instead to the other full size vans. The ride is not even close. The ride on our Chevy 3500 was like sitting on a skate board down a rode with pot holes at 35 MPH. The Ford we rented was much, much better but still felt like a big truck. The NV rides very nice. No longer do I have to warn the family when we are getting ready to go down a bumpy road. Item 6 Looks. I love, love, love the look of our NV. We have a black SL with chrome wheels and bumpers and tinted windows. When it is all shined up in the summer it looks like a Secret Service or SWAT van. I also like that there are so few on the road and it gets attention. Recently we were 70 miles from home and saw a fried of ours who lived in that town sitting at a stop light next to us. She recognized us from a distance as soon as she saw our van. As far as looks, be prepared for gawkers. I would say that weekly, at the gas station or at the store, someone asks 'what the heck is that'. Finally, Power and towing ease. The Nissan never, ever fells like it is lacking power. We have a 7000 lb 32 foot travel trailer that we pull. With our Chevy, which had a Vortec 6.0L, you knew the trailer was back there. With the NV, I have actually found myself checking my mirrors to make sure I didn't lose the trailer. The NV has power to spare even when pulling a heavy trailer. In summary, my wife and our eight children love this van. It is hard for me to think of any negative comments. Obviously, it could be less expensive or have more tech but when doing an apples to apples comparison of the direct competition it is hard to find even one thing Chevy or Ford does better. If the NV is in your price range I would not even waste my time at the Chevy or Ford dealer!!!"

Very comfortable and very good work van.

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "Ride and room"

Cons: "gas mileage...loaded need v8"

"I brought my V6 hightop used with 36,000 miles. Empty I got about 18 mpg. Since I have loaded the van with my tools and equipment. I am now getting 13 mpg. This van is the best work van I have owned. The ride is smoothe and firm. I have a lot of leg room and head room in my van. The V6 is strong and qiuet. The only thing I wish for was a v8."

Very very nicely done Nissan. This is a hit

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "work friendly,smart, comfortable"

Cons: "transmission shifts a lot around 50 kph"

"I bought this 2 weeks ago used and drove it 1500kms home and just love it.It has 25000km and works like a charm. For work I haul around 1500pounds of stuff and the V6 works very well and is ample power. On the highway I got 18mpg and my combined now is showing about 16. Nissan have done a great job making sure of a convenient, comfortable and smart work truck with their amazing back doors and side sliding door. Inside everything is nicely done with grab handles to power outlets to tye downs and lots of compartments which I find great.I have a 2007 Chevy Express 2500 which is going for sale and good bye. If Chevy and Ford don't wake up the NV is going to kick their butt. There is no comparison in the boxes and comfort of the Nissan to the Chevy. I did not rate the reliability as I just purchased it but the previous owner said there were no issues whatsoever with it."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Pros: "price reliability fun to drive"

Cons: "side door heavy with nose down"

"I bought mine as a RV conversion and it is everything that I could want. I have the eight cylender version, it is fast maneuverable and so far no problems at 60,000 miles. At first when I saw it I thought it looked funny with that nose sticking out. But it is nice not having a huge cover inside the cab.Engine compartment is huge and if you need to work on it has lots of room to get around in. seating is comfortable and having camera screen in dash is great. Only minor negative is that side door is heavy and if you park nose down can be a bear to open. It is a great vehicle and great buy. Have shown my conversion more than 200 times"

Superb Quality/Great Value/Excellent MPGs

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

"I wanted a large Sprinter-type van, but could not afford 50,000 + dollars. I decided to check out the NV2500 HD, and I'm very happy I did. It had all the options: The power driver's seat is great, and maybe the most comfortable driver's seat I've ever had. I got this with the intention of turning it into a mobile Big Metal Tent for traveling. I'll be able to stand upright in the back, and I expect to be able to fit everything necessary for a cross country trip back there (no toilet, or plumbing) . I don't drive very hard, or fast, and on the freeway, out of the mountains, I get 20+ MPG....Average 18 altogether...I expect to have a long and happy relationship with this, my (hopefully) last retirement road trip machine...."

Great Truck

By on Monday, March 28, 2016

Pros: "Best ride, 110volt Power outlets Front and Rear"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage"

"I have owned , Ford, Chevy , Freightliner Vans. Hands Down The Best One Yet, Nissan did Their Homework on This Vehicle . Has 110 volt Power Outlets as well as usb . You can load 4x8 sheets plywood or anything the Shelves are built off the floor"

Best van out there

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "4x4 would be sweet"

"I've had every kind of cargo van they make. I work in home remodeling and Nissan really came out with a van for a contractor. I can't think of one complaint I absolutely love my van. Nissan just got a life long customer with this one. Any other van I had left me scratching my head wondering why they did it that way or why they didn't . Everything about this van just makes sense they definitely had the contractor in mind while designing this van. I would absolutely reccomend the nv to anyone. Thank you Nissan"

Love this van!

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "Space, comfort and decent mileage."

Cons: "1 of my heat setting buttons occasionally sticks!"

"I bought the NV1500S with 25,000 miles on it, within one year I've put 20,000 more miles on it without one problem. Highly spacious cargo area allowed me to built custom cabinets for it and still allow me to transport tools & the custom cabinets I build. The height also allows me to load sheets of plywood standing up (try that in an e-series!). I also can fit 2-24' ladder's in it easily with a compound sliding miter saw & stand, table saw, compressor and extending plank. The cab is very comfortable and is put to the test in the 3+ hour commute's I make into Boston. Mileage is decent in the V6, 16mpg average loaded up (lots of traffic). I couldn't be happier with it, great van!"

I own this van and it has 62000 miles on it

By on Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pros: "Better than the competition."

Cons: "People laugh at the boxy outside."

"This is a true sturdy value. It has had no issues. I haul kids, surfboards, dogs...etc. Decent on the gas mileage. If I keep it under 70 mp. I get 20 mpg. seats are truely easy to move in and out. Love it."

My All Anything Vehicle

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Good ride, lots of room"

Cons: "Wish it was set up more for an easy rv conversion"

"Bought my 2012 Nissan NV 2500 high top in 2012 used-certified. I am doing some conversion on it now so we can use it as a travel/overniter. Added a jacknife sofa, bathroom, galley, roof a/c to come. This vehicle drives nice. I get an avg of 17-18mpg around the hilly area I live and 20+ on interstate at 68mph. Pulls an 18' boat just fine and still gets 16mpg. Very happy with the v-6. Very happy with this van. RV like seating for driver and passenger. No major problems so far still under warranty then a drive train warranty to 100k. I would recommend for work or play."

I am very happy with my Van.

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pros: "Can not controle the lighting"

Cons: "great off road truck. Great on the highway too"

"I'm very happy with my van. I only have a few I thing I dont like. You can't turn of the day time head lights. You can't controle the inside lights in the back from the drivers seat. I live in arizona. I don't want to open the door to look over my sholder to check something in the cargo area when I'm parked. But I have to. also no over ride switch to kill the dargo lights during the day if I want the power for the 110 outlet. I have to turn off each light one at a time and then reset them when i'm done. Way to drop the ball on that one Nissan. Everything else is great."

Best designed passenger vehicle on the market.

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Best priced. Easy and fun to drive."

Cons: "None. Plenty of Cup holders and space."

"Best designed large passenger vehicle on the Market. AC/Heat maintain balanced temps in cold or hot weather. Handling, power, visibility are unsurpassed. Paint, workmanship, minor flaw noticed on roof; but, not anything major. Seating is super. Can adjust for handicapped and equipment. Mileage is great for a V8...Averaged 15MPG on West Coast to East Coast trip loaded w/6 adults and luggage cruising easily at 78 MPH. Smooth as silk."

Ford Van Man for 40 yrs. Hello Nissan!

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Tires,"

"I have been working out of ford vans since the 60's. Nissan has answered the prayers for all other vans. Its like Nissan asked Ford, Chevy, dodge, etc drivers {How can we make your Van better?}This Van has so many advances in Engineering and technology that it rivals our Mercedes SUV. I wished their were better tires offered as a upgrade though. Buy one and you will have to explain that smile on your face. Thanks Nissan!"

Great, roomy family van!!!

By on Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pros: "Roomy,comfy,price,attention getter,looks nice,V8"

Cons: "difficult to park at times"

"I love my NV3500 SL HD! We bought it right before going to Disneyland with 6 of us and lots of luggage we needed extra room. We are enjoying the extra space when we go on long trips or want to pick up friends and go to dinner or an event. We drive the kids at church to out of town events and they love it too. Decent gas mileage at 16mpg. A little difficult to park, but that is to be expected. My car insurance dropped by $35 when I traded in my Honda Fit. They said it's because it is safer. People ask me about it nearly everytime I go somewhere. It gets a lot of attention! Many people say they wish they could get one. I have recommended it to all my friends with large families. V8 engine has a lot of power! I love it!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan NV3500 HD Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals