2006 Nissan Murano

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I love this car and would drive it forever.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, handles well, great in snow"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I love it. I drive a lot of miles and have no problem moving fast through traffic and this car is the perfect car to do it. We affectionately call it the "sofa on wheels". It has an amazing amount space in it and it is so comfy. I have had to replace brakes a few times, put one new battery in, and new tires. I've had some exhaust issues. Just now at 130K miles, I am having exhaust efficiency problems. I am not sure if it is the catalytic converter or not. I also had to replace a wheel bearing/hub recently. The person I bought this car off of sold it to me because he was buying a new Nissan Murano. It still looks beautiful."

Love it!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"I have a 2005 Murano I bought new and am still in love with it. This is a great vehicle. Looks good, rides smooth, goes fast. Have had no problems with it mechanically. It is truly a dream vehicle. The first one I have found that I have not wanted to trade in after a couple of years. If I did, it would be for a newer model!"

Best Nissan Crossover

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"This vehicle is fast, reliable and looks very sporty. It only seats 5, but when fully loaded with passengers and luggage there is no difference in the power the engine puts out. This is mostly due to the variable transmission Nissan equips the Murano to avoid the "Shift Shock" when changing gears. I've had the vehilce for a year and-a-half with no electrical or mechanical problems to report. Visibility in the rear window could be better so one does not have to look back several times in rear view and side mirrors."

Very Nice Small SUV

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"My 2006 SL gets great gas mileage (23mpg on hiqhway). My only complaints are that the seats aren't too comfortable for long drives and that there is no power available when the car is off. That is especially annoying for charging a cell phone."

not so sure...

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this vehicle at the beginning of the year, as I needed a more reliable car and one that would be comfortable to drive around the U.S. It is very comfortable and I really like the way it looks...however, I bought it used (3 years old) and shortly after started having many problems that I feel I shouldn't have from a vehicle that old. It needed a new catalytic conveter (after driving from WI to AZ), then the air conditioner bracket broke (started with a noisy rattle), then on the way from VI to WI it just quit in the middle of the freeway! No lights or warnings came on-anyway, it turned out that the fuel pump went out! Then the power window motor on the driver's side went out, and I had to get that fixed. Now the warranty expired, so I'm just holding my breath and hoping nothing else drastic happens. I've consistantly heard that Nissans are very reliable, good cars, and I really did my research before buying this, but apparently something went wrong. So anyway...I do have all the "bells and whistles" and like the navigation system and the leather is very nice. Also the back is very roomy and comfortable, and it's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. Overall, when it's not in the shop, it's a nice ride, just make sure you have a warranty if buying used!"