2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 593 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

NOT the best vehicle ever.

By on Monday, February 6, 2017

Pros: "the gas pedals move up..."

Cons: "everything else"

"I bought my Murano for 11,900 with 72,000 miles on it and KBB was 13,000, not a bad deal right? Well KBB value cut in half at 75,000 miles. All my bearings and tie rods had to be replaced at about 80,000 miles and Im currently replacing the transmission and the car only has 98,000 miles on it Now that Ive had to replace all this stuff my value has gone down another couple thousand and is valued at 3,500-5,000 and I still owe 7,500. I do not recommend this vehicle unless you enjoy spending money on a car thats not even close to worth the amount you bought it for. Im very good with my vehicles, everything in routine and I drive them with care b/c I have 2 children to drive around. Ive had it for 1.5 years and Ive spent 2,900 in repairs in the last 6 months. Try something else first. I assure you, this is not the best vehicle out there."

One of the BEST Vehicles I have owned...

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Great value for the money!!"

Cons: "No interior rear hatch release."

"Amazing & surprising power. Always starts and have only had one major repair!!! I will definitely buy another Nissan Murano. Also, this is my first Japanese car, no longer think I need German or British cars to get quality..."

It was all good until...

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Keyless entry and engine start are very convenient. Nice style."

Cons: "High maintenance costs, low quality manufacturing"

"I love love loved my Nissan UNTIL....I've had a few little "annoying" repairs...the most major being replacing the power steering at about 70k miles. I also had a few issues with an air-intake hose that left me (with children) stranded at in-opportune times/places more than once (thank goodness for AAA). But, this month when I hit 95k miles the (as I've now learned) dreaded driver's seat rail issue occurred. It's as if I'm in a rocking chair. I thought it would be a *simple* bolt issue but NO it is a $1200 issue. Apparently, after researching this problem online, this is VERY common with Muranos from '03-'06 at least. The seat still moves up and back but the rear right side is not attached to the floorboard. A safety issue? Not according to Nissan or others so we (the car owners) are left to either weld it back together (hmmmm) or pay tons of money to fix it! ALSO, I learned while they were checking on my seat that I have 2 broken engine mounts (all that suburban driving and carpooling is rough I suppose) and need to replace the catalytic converter? 95,000 is a lot of miles but I'm sure if this were a Honda, I wouldn't have these problems (my husband's Acura has almost 200k miles with minimal mechanical issues!). I'm sad to say that after a few good ones, no more Nissan's for me..."

Some problems-But still love it!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I have a 2005 with 65K. Everytime I look at it I cannot believe I own it! BUT I have had some issues. A CD is in my player and will not eject. I was advised at the dealership there was nothing they could do other than put in a new system ($1K)! SO I do not have a working CD player. I have issues with the doors locking/unlocking. Never fails I leave the grocery store with 30 bags and my hatch will not open! It is now to the point that my passenger front door only locks manually and on occasions the only door that unlocks is the rear drivers! Plus there is no way to open with a key. Very frustrating! And the tires!! You need an additional loan when they need to be replaced so beware. Otherwise it looks and drives so nice! Not sure if I would purchase again just because of cost/maintenance and I have limited funds. If $ was no option I would definetly buy again. Really nice ride. I love the big comfy seats in the front! And the way it looks on the outside."

poor awd performance

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"After a deep snow,trying to get to work, high centered vehicle, awd would not put enough power to wheels to help get unstuck. After getting it out, transmission slipped for 20 miles, only able to go 25-30 miles per hr and having to stop and shut engine off and restart to get it to move."