2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 594 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Real nice SUV

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"We have had two Muranos, 04, and the new one 07. SE and now SL with Nav, and B/U camera. Both have been great, my wife loves the car. Great ride, lots of room and plenty of get up and go. The 07 seems to get better milage even with only 4,000 miles on it. Long trip was in the 20 MPG plus at high speeds. Love the transmission.Only flaw for me is the placement of the cup holders, should be in front of stick shift ."

Reliable

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Good value for the price"

Cons: "I would have prefered leather interior,"

"I have owned this since 02/07 and purchased it with 20000 miles on the odometer. I commuted Toronto from west Michigan racking up 80000 miles with no issues whatsoever. The Murano is comfortable and does not make you feel worn out after several hours behind the wheel. I really like the way it handles in snow,ice.etc always stable and with the fact it sits higher than a car the field of vision is great. Other than normal maintenance I have had no issues"

Can't Stop Driving It

By on Saturday, December 8, 2007

"My last car, a Jetta, was 8 years old and had 35,000 miles on it. I never drove it because it just wasn't so fun. Who knew driving a car could be so much fun? Two years into owning my MURANO I'm at just over 27,000 miles and LOVE IT! It has taken me all throughout the states - and all in comfort and style. Long-range gas mileage is really about 24-26 MPG when on trips. LA Area, stop and go mileage is about 14-16 MPG. Not bad for such a big car. AND, it is way more manueverable than my Jetta was. How's that for a surprise?!!!"

transfer case issue

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Thier is a service bulletin from nissan on the transfer case/differential whereby the ring and pinon gears go out because the computer and switch unknowingly defaults to full time 4 wheel drive and throws the gears out. ask me how I know 3k later. Driver visor lasted about a year. Lock cover on driver side door fell off."

Good Value, some minor issues

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Overall I've been happy with my 05 Murano, gas mileage could be improved - it's not what was advertised. Had a few issues with the computer for the fuel pump (reset x2) and the air bags (fixed x1). Cupholder does stick in closed position quite often which is annoying but the biggest issue I have is the visibility out rear window - - its limited. It's a very comfortable vehicle however, drives and handles well, even in snow. I like the vehicle very much but will probably get a vehicle with better gas mileage when my lease is up. . I'm only getting 18-19 even on the highway which isn't good considering the price of gas right now. Probably because I do more city driving."

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love it

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Not overly fast, expensive to fix when it breaks"

"Super smooth driving, great features, very reliable. A dream to drive, not overly fast, but handles great."

Love Murano since day 1 in 2003

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, runs great, looks beautiful, luxuriois"

"When they first came out, I said I wanted one of those space cars! I bought a 2007 Murano last year in 2011. I prefer the body style of 2003-2007. Great size, comfortable seating and great CVT transmission. I had not idea about CVT until I bought one. I have the SL, so we have the leather, Bose system, back up camera, sun roof and such. Although it wasn't new, runs like its new and no problems what so ever. I highly recommend this car. Seats 5 and wonderful ride. :)"

Great vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "power train reliable, looks and drives great"

Cons: "suspension in back, and noises"

"I had the 04 murano for about 5 years now and there are two things that are annoying. When driven at speeds over 40 mph's the car makes a noise similar to a bowling ball being rolled down a hallway (the faster I go the louder the noise), and the other problem is the comfort in the back seats. The seats recline which is very good but when you hit a pothole the passengers in the backseat feel the pothole a little more than they do in most vehicles. Besides that I never had a problem with my murano, great buy and I don't regret it."

disappointed with nissan

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"Cosmeticially speaking: Like the look, the mobility, the roomy interior. Reliability/Quality Speaking: TERRIBLE. Had more brake problems with this vehicle. The driver visor falls down ($400 to repair/was told it is a NISSAN manufacturing issue no way around the $400) bought it when it was 2 years old. Nothing but problems. Couple of mechanics i've spoke with said Nissan manufactures a terrible car. Wish i would have know that before i paid $23k for one."