2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 593 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

I love this car and would drive it forever.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, handles well, great in snow"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I love it. I drive a lot of miles and have no problem moving fast through traffic and this car is the perfect car to do it. We affectionately call it the "sofa on wheels". It has an amazing amount space in it and it is so comfy. I have had to replace brakes a few times, put one new battery in, and new tires. I've had some exhaust issues. Just now at 130K miles, I am having exhaust efficiency problems. I am not sure if it is the catalytic converter or not. I also had to replace a wheel bearing/hub recently. The person I bought this car off of sold it to me because he was buying a new Nissan Murano. It still looks beautiful."

Love it!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"I have a 2005 Murano I bought new and am still in love with it. This is a great vehicle. Looks good, rides smooth, goes fast. Have had no problems with it mechanically. It is truly a dream vehicle. The first one I have found that I have not wanted to trade in after a couple of years. If I did, it would be for a newer model!"

Best Nissan Crossover

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"This vehicle is fast, reliable and looks very sporty. It only seats 5, but when fully loaded with passengers and luggage there is no difference in the power the engine puts out. This is mostly due to the variable transmission Nissan equips the Murano to avoid the "Shift Shock" when changing gears. I've had the vehilce for a year and-a-half with no electrical or mechanical problems to report. Visibility in the rear window could be better so one does not have to look back several times in rear view and side mirrors."

Very Nice Small SUV

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"My 2006 SL gets great gas mileage (23mpg on hiqhway). My only complaints are that the seats aren't too comfortable for long drives and that there is no power available when the car is off. That is especially annoying for charging a cell phone."

not so sure...

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this vehicle at the beginning of the year, as I needed a more reliable car and one that would be comfortable to drive around the U.S. It is very comfortable and I really like the way it looks...however, I bought it used (3 years old) and shortly after started having many problems that I feel I shouldn't have from a vehicle that old. It needed a new catalytic conveter (after driving from WI to AZ), then the air conditioner bracket broke (started with a noisy rattle), then on the way from VI to WI it just quit in the middle of the freeway! No lights or warnings came on-anyway, it turned out that the fuel pump went out! Then the power window motor on the driver's side went out, and I had to get that fixed. Now the warranty expired, so I'm just holding my breath and hoping nothing else drastic happens. I've consistantly heard that Nissans are very reliable, good cars, and I really did my research before buying this, but apparently something went wrong. So anyway...I do have all the "bells and whistles" and like the navigation system and the leather is very nice. Also the back is very roomy and comfortable, and it's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. Overall, when it's not in the shop, it's a nice ride, just make sure you have a warranty if buying used!"

Accident

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I recently purchased a Murano, and I chose it because I liked the way it drives and the comfort amenities it offered. A few days ago I was in a serious car accident in which I was hit from behind by a person who was going 60+ miles an hour. Although the car is a total loss, I was able to walk away without a scratch to the disbelief of all who saw the accident occur. Not only does this car look and drive great, it is about as safe as they come. I plan to by a new one and hope to drive it for a very long time."

Love our Murano!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Great space, great drive, great power, efficient."

Cons: "Seat broke, CD player broke, uses some oil."

"We've owned our Murano for years, and it's been mostly trouble-free for most of it's life despite having just passed 150k miles. We've had some work done, yes, but no more than other cars we've owned in the past. The comfort level of the Murano is second to none. Our rear seat passengers always compliment on how much rear legroom there is, and we stay comfortable even on very long trips. The ride of our SE model is a little harsh on rough pavement, but on the highway it's amazingly smooth and agile. We get through St. Louis winters with our two-wheel-drive model with no problems, and average around 20mpg overall! When recently shopping for a new car, we literally couldn't find anything we liked as much as our Murano. It's a truly fantastic car!"

BEST SUV EVER

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Murano new 12/04. best ride ever, when friends at work drove it all they could say was "you are soooo lucky!" My husband is a die hard muscle car driver, but he loves the Murano's power and handling. Never have any trouble in snow, and brakes/tires are the only replacements to date with 40K on odometer. I don't like the grill on '09, so I will have this for a very long time. For the $$, I drove them all and this car makes all the luxury models take a back seat."

Murano Luv

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I have 2 more payments on my '03 Murano...and I still luv it! I want to keep it for my kid who will be driving in 3 years. Purchased brand new with everything but the nav system & tpms. Only thing I have never liked about this car is the front grill. I plan on changing that once I pay off. I always feel like a million bucks whenever I'm cruising in my freshly cleaned black beauty with tinted windows. I have 120k currently and my mechanic says I don't really need a tune-up just yet. I get good highway mileage between 20-23 mpg. Only minor problems, driver side window motor went out earlier this year. Approx $450. to fix. No other major problems. As pretty as the new one is, I'm gonna keep my '03 as long as I can. I still luv it!"