2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"

2003 Murano SE Excellent, Comfortable and Reliable

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pros: "AWESOME VEHICLE TO OWN!!!"

Cons: "Drivers side sun visor needs to be replaced"

""I bought this vehicle and it has turned out to be a very nice vehicle to drive, I commute 210 miles a day to work and this vehicle makes the trip with ease at 70 mph and uses just over a quarter of a tank. Handles turns nicely 2WD version, The Café Latte interior looks great and is very quiet inside and comfortable but the FM radio gets bad in the mountainous regions. I had to replace the passenger side view mirror, the glass only. I had to take to the dealer because the memory needed to be flashed and I had to replace the three original catalytic converters at 210,000 miles and the Nissan Murano now has 236,000 plus miles on it and still going Strong. All in all I like my Nissan Murano very much. ""

Murano Lemon

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Less than 108,000 miles have had the following problems and/or replaced the following items (in no particular order): 1. 3 alternators (last one ruined the wiring and the new battery) 2. 2 transmissions (actually 3 because Nissan sold a defective one and they have not reimbursed labor for THEIR defective part. 3. rear hatch shocks replaced 4. valve body assemby 5. fuel door locking assemby (dealer not fix correctly--have given up) 6. fuel pump 7. differential side seal 8. exhaust manifold 9. lower oil pan gasket 10. power steering line 11. power windows 12. air intake tube 13. oil cooler O-ring assembly 14. Outer tie rod ends"

NOT the best vehicle ever.

By on Monday, February 6, 2017

Pros: "the gas pedals move up..."

Cons: "everything else"

"I bought my Murano for 11,900 with 72,000 miles on it and KBB was 13,000, not a bad deal right? Well KBB value cut in half at 75,000 miles. All my bearings and tie rods had to be replaced at about 80,000 miles and Im currently replacing the transmission and the car only has 98,000 miles on it Now that Ive had to replace all this stuff my value has gone down another couple thousand and is valued at 3,500-5,000 and I still owe 7,500. I do not recommend this vehicle unless you enjoy spending money on a car thats not even close to worth the amount you bought it for. Im very good with my vehicles, everything in routine and I drive them with care b/c I have 2 children to drive around. Ive had it for 1.5 years and Ive spent 2,900 in repairs in the last 6 months. Try something else first. I assure you, this is not the best vehicle out there."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"