ZIP code

2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

It was all good until...

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Keyless entry and engine start are very convenient. Nice style."

Cons: "High maintenance costs, low quality manufacturing"

"I love love loved my Nissan UNTIL....I've had a few little "annoying" repairs...the most major being replacing the power steering at about 70k miles. I also had a few issues with an air-intake hose that left me (with children) stranded at in-opportune times/places more than once (thank goodness for AAA). But, this month when I hit 95k miles the (as I've now learned) dreaded driver's seat rail issue occurred. It's as if I'm in a rocking chair. I thought it would be a *simple* bolt issue but NO it is a $1200 issue. Apparently, after researching this problem online, this is VERY common with Muranos from '03-'06 at least. The seat still moves up and back but the rear right side is not attached to the floorboard. A safety issue? Not according to Nissan or others so we (the car owners) are left to either weld it back together (hmmmm) or pay tons of money to fix it! ALSO, I learned while they were checking on my seat that I have 2 broken engine mounts (all that suburban driving and carpooling is rough I suppose) and need to replace the catalytic converter? 95,000 is a lot of miles but I'm sure if this were a Honda, I wouldn't have these problems (my husband's Acura has almost 200k miles with minimal mechanical issues!). I'm sad to say that after a few good ones, no more Nissan's for me..."

Some problems-But still love it!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I have a 2005 with 65K. Everytime I look at it I cannot believe I own it! BUT I have had some issues. A CD is in my player and will not eject. I was advised at the dealership there was nothing they could do other than put in a new system ($1K)! SO I do not have a working CD player. I have issues with the doors locking/unlocking. Never fails I leave the grocery store with 30 bags and my hatch will not open! It is now to the point that my passenger front door only locks manually and on occasions the only door that unlocks is the rear drivers! Plus there is no way to open with a key. Very frustrating! And the tires!! You need an additional loan when they need to be replaced so beware. Otherwise it looks and drives so nice! Not sure if I would purchase again just because of cost/maintenance and I have limited funds. If $ was no option I would definetly buy again. Really nice ride. I love the big comfy seats in the front! And the way it looks on the outside."

poor awd performance

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"After a deep snow,trying to get to work, high centered vehicle, awd would not put enough power to wheels to help get unstuck. After getting it out, transmission slipped for 20 miles, only able to go 25-30 miles per hr and having to stop and shut engine off and restart to get it to move."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."