2017 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,633 - $39,902.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 09/21/2017

10/8.0

9.4

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2016 - 2017 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

love my new Maxima

By on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pros: "superb styling, great fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "premium fuel recommended"

"I purchased a new Maxima SL last month after wavering a lot between getting this car or another Honda Accord. The car has been a lot of fun to drive. The engine is very powerful and the CVT transmission is extremely smooth. The engine sounds different from a regular automatic transmission when accelerating hard, but in day-to-day driving it has not been much different -- it is predictable and smooth. I read some reviews that complained about the steering, but in my experience, steering is fine---precise and predictable. Inside, the car really feels like a luxury car with high-quality materials throughout, nicely detailed stitching, extremely comfortable leather seats, a large moon roof, heated seats, a heated steering wheel, and many many other features. The large display in the center of the dashboard works well (its angled slightly towards the driver) and is intuitive and easy to use (much more so than the system in the Accord, in my opinion). The navigation system works well (voice-operated control optional) with detailed instructions on the screen in the center of the dashboard and I like it that it also gives directions in the small display behind the steering wheel, so there is no need to take your eyes off the road. I got the car for a superb price after learning about current incentives from Nissans site and soliciting some quotes from an automotive internet site. The one downside that I can think of so far is that premium fuel is recommended for this car, which is around 0.40/gallon more than regular in my area. That said, I have been getting excellent mileage on the interstate---up to 33MPG if I drive carefully. Im surprised that I dont see more Maximas on the road given how much value it has to offer. If youre in the market for a sporty/luxury sedan, take the Maxima for a test drive.."

Its a beast of a sports sedan

By on Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pros: "Ride, styling, BOSE, controls, CVT, Sport mode"

Cons: "Nothing dislike on this car"

"I purchased this car just a few weeks ago. Commute three times a week tell you one thing this car is a zippy. I've found that Maxima to be comfortable looks aggressive with styling. Got lots of things are plush all inside of this car. Love performance ride even with new 300hp its a joy driving n city driving and freeways as of now I am getting 33.4 mpg on my model. Very roomy sedan very quick lots of new bells and whistles believe might hold a good value than ever in its class. Interior is so quiet driving at 85/mph Sport mode and normal mode are best usually use my Sport mode with CVT as a lot of people are complaining but this car is fast driving in automatic feel. Like everything setup on this car easily keep my eyes on the road as can look at navigation, phone texts, audio and more on info display center. Its a cool sporty car its got cooled/heated seats very amazing ride the Maxima probably handles better than BMW paddle shifters are unique on SR version bought too much be listed at least its a less expensive car but absolutely a joy driving very more reliable vehicle to own love every bit of it. This car is a great luxury car drive to work as commuting everyday doing mornings its a beast on freeway while recently fill up last week but averaged fuel economy is 33.4 mpg getting on this vehicle its the best ever drove definitely more a sports sedan in its class so happy with my new Maxima/"

Trading 2013 for a 2016

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Performance, zero gravity seats, luxury, sporty."

Cons: "Rear headroom be only small issue"

"This is my wife's car I am a BMW person but this car puts me to shame after driving my wife new Maxima its no other words expressing. We had a '13 SV Premium great car no problems but after looking online at the new model my wife wanted to purchase another with more upgrades. The Maxima is very comfortable has all new bells and whistles in its class rides smooth. It does feel like a spacecraft behind the wheel of this thing we settled with a 3.5 Platinum its a classy car there are too buttons to press most what I love about this car is Drive Advanced Assist and center stacked center using navigation and other options as well. I believe this car is more worth $$$ buying it no sunroof package aren't available but on SL and Platinum models we like the panoramic sunroofs and cooled & heated seats. I like the memory driver seat include the power telescope steering wheel with lots of new things on Maxima. Overall the car is great looking seems much faster driving Maxima especially with normal & sport modes this car rides much faster even has a three hundred horsepower engine performance is amazing. Like the blind spot warning, rear traffic crossing and fast forward emergency braking as car can brake itself (NICE!!!!) believe this car much better than last generation acceleration is quicker even drive barefoot lot of times on long trips the car rides better anyways. Great sound system by BOSE with eleven speakers its too much but Nissan really made this car feel more of a upscale top of the line flagship sedan bought ours in Pearl White as last generation but has the charcoal leather interior and spoiler very nice car ever in its class. I drive my wife Maxima more than my BMW because this car feels more in class plus drive barefoot most times seems it goes faster with screeching tires and engine grinds in Sport mode just love this car even my wife loves it better than last model has come a very long way."

Great car

By on Monday, February 8, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I drive this car everyday averaging over 100 miles, great fuel millage for a V6 that is fun to drive. Comfort and convenience combined with great looks."

Love it!-Drives like a sports car.

By on Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Pros: "Loaded, luxurious, affordable, roomy sports car."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Ever since I saw the new design a year before I bought it, I thought this was a hot car that looks much more expensive than it is. This car is very fun to drive. I was extremely impressed by the many standard features included in the base model such as navigation, apple carplay, 9 way power adjustable seating, cruise, and power everything. The dash is also very well laid out and I like the variable display on both the passenger and center dashboards. I have a very tall 13-year-old and a 9-year-old both of whom fit in the back seat comfortably. The trunk is also very spacious. The only issues I have with this vehicle are: 1) the gas mileage is okay (approx 18mpg city) but considering the power and the fact its a V6, its to be expected and 2) the base model has everything I would want or need except I didnt like the cloth seats nor did I want to pay the extra almost 3K just for the leather seats with a few extras in the SV model. Fortunately, my salesperson solved this issue by offering to put in aftermarket leather seats at the dealership for much less and honestly they are even nicer than the leather in the SV. That really made all the difference."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next