2012 Nissan Maxima

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best Maxima so Far

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"Excellent car, great price, I have own Audi, BMW and Maximas before, this car is the best for the money so far."

HAppy with decision over 530i

By on Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I was put in a position to remove one of my cars (I had a Volvo S80 T6 and a Saab convertible) when the youngest family member got his license. I chose to sell both and move myself into a car that I would really be happy with. I eliminated used SUV choices (FX35/45, MDX) and some car choices (ES350). I finally chose the MAxima over a 2007 BMW 530i. The key decisions in my factor were 1) watching the dealership bring the 530 back to BMW to fix multiple things under warranty that were so goofy you couldn't believe 2) the wonderful feel, fit, power of the maxima and 3) the great finance rates for the maxima. I chose a crimson black sv with black interior, leather, bose, rear camera (which works really well when you parallel park!!). The trunk is big and able to haul at least 8 bags of mulch. I miss my turbo boost, but the power of this car is excellent! I grew up on Nissan as a kid, steered away for the last 20 years... but I am back!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"We purchased the Maxima Sport SV almost a year ago and have taken several driving trips out of state. We love the vehicle. It has the feel of a luxury car with great performance and has plenty of power with the 290 HP engine. We could not have made a better purchase. Absolutely the best vehicle we have ever owned."

Love this car

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I dont actually own this car yet. Funny story. My lease is up in two months on my saab and wasnt really considering the Maxima until I rented one in Florida for 4 days last wee. I loved it. Everything in the review weere rigt on. I couldnt wait to get in it eveyday. long story short. Got home on Monday made lots of calls, got my best price and am picking up my new maxima tomorrow. Really hanging my patriotic hat on what that one review said about it being American built. especially here in Detroit. Cant wait to get my brand new American made Nissan maxima."

Classy ride

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Love the style, love the ride, love the features of the premium and navigation packages. My 6'5" boyfriend is comfortable with plenty of room so it is a winner with him! He loves the get up and go as well. I was shopping for the Infiniti G37 but saved about $10,000 with the Maxima. I'm a very satisfied owner."

WOW

By on Friday, August 1, 2008

"I had a 2006 MAX and loved it, but when I saw the 2009 I had to have it! Even thought it was alittle bit more expensive (this one has all the bells and bling) it was worth every penny. The 2009 puts it in the same class as a BENZ, LEXIS or BMW. It is pure fun and enjoyment to drive my 2009 MAX."

Gone downhill

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

"After owning a 2004 Maxima (which I loved) I felt that I couldn't go wrong when it was time to trade-in and I purchased a 2008. I was wrong! The fuel economy isn't even close to the advertised 19-25, whereas the 2004 got in the 25-29 range. Everything on the car seems to be of a cheaper quality than the 2004. The heated seats only heat the center of the seat and take quite a while to warm up. The heat/defrost also takes a long time. This is a problem in the northeast climate. The interior is roomy and the ride and general mechanicals of the vehicle seem to be the same as the 2004. Nissan should also consider putting real lumbar support in the vehicle rather than the very slight bump. Overall, this vehicle is a huge disappointment and I cannot wait to get rid of it."

Disappointed in ride

By on Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Hard riding, too much road noise, and gas mileage not close to advertised. Parking brake is useless and poorly designed. There are lots of nice and expensive goodies on the car, such as heated seats & steering wheel. Nice stereo system. Too bad that a smooth comfortable ride was not a #1 priority."

nice for the price

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Incredible all around car. It needs more power, but handles VERY well. There are a few small details such as storage pockets inside, a little more destinct styling in front, but I would recommend this car to anyone. The room inside is great, and has a big car feel without the sloppy handling. The CVT needs some getting used to but is quick to respond and feels great. 4.7 stars indeed. jnewest."

Great performance. Low mileage. Great price

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pros: "Performance. Handling, Styling. Comfort"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"Maxima is the perfect sport sedan for a driver that appreciates Nissan performance (power, handling, and quickness) but doesn't want to spend thousands more for an Audi A3, Acura TLX, Lexus IS, or BMW 320."