2010 Nissan Maxima

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, loaded with options for the price; great styling"

Cons: "front wheel drive, steering torques to the left when you really punch it; prem gas req"

"My first Maxima (2010). Absolutely love the new style and the CVT is sooooo smooth. The front fenders and back-up camera take some getting use to. The ride is comfortable and the seats and steering wheel can be adjusted in so many combinations. I get 26 mph even with my foot in it. Most of my driving is a combination of highway and country/urban roads. Still has the punch at 80 if you need it. The OEM tires hang in the curves and at this time I have 40k on them with good tread remaining. Oil changes don't have to cost $100, I opt out of the balance and rotation since I can get balancing done at a tire store cheaper and rotation is free at a national tire store."

Almost Perfect!

By on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"I bought my 2010 Maxima in November of 2010 on a lease. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. The day after I got it, I raced my buddy in a 2004 Mustang GT, and he was very dissapointed with the results. Gas Mileage wasn't the greatest, but that's my fault. I can't seem to keep my foot off the gas pedal. I did add K&N's Typhoon Cold Air Intake, and that helped out with gas mileage when I take it easy, and adds a bit of power when I feel catty. Also, the sound is MUCH improved over stock. All in all, this car is just a beautiful design. I would like to have the same car in a 6-speed and RWD, but the CVT is a big improvement over a traditional automatic."

Awesome sedan!

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I own a 2011 Maxima SV Sport with Tech package. Having tested the Acura TL, VW CC R-line and Infinity G37. The amount of car you get for the money with the Maxima, plus it's excellent visual appeal, trumps the others. Overall I liked the G37 best, but for the same features, it would have cost me $5k more. One plus is that you can deal on the Maxima. MSRP was $40500 on mine, I paid $33500. Fully loaded, every sport package option including sport package and trunk organizer. Performance is great, almost no torque steer, handles flat and excellent acceleration with the 3.5L V6 (same spec as the old 350Z). CVT is excellent and very smooth and responds perfect to acceleration needs. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds is plenty quick. Interior materials are excellent and about on par with the Infinity and Acura. Car is very quiet. Overall, very impressed. Also been averaging 25mpg in mixed driving. Very respectable mileage."

Performance 4 door sedan

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"first maxima i owned was a 1996! it had 190k and we put another 35k on it! still ran great. but cash for clunker was too good of a deal to pass up so got the new 2009 maxima. great car all around only issue i have is alignment issue the steering is really sensitive and for everyday commute its great so long as you don't have to deal with big pot holes which most states are having hard time fixing due to budget issue and extreme weather condition. its less than 2yrs old and we already have put 40k on it. took it it to several long trips and have been really happy with the performance fuel efficiency for a V6 even though it requires premium fuel!"

Best Maxima so Far

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"Excellent car, great price, I have own Audi, BMW and Maximas before, this car is the best for the money so far."