2010 Nissan Maxima

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Loving my new Maxima!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Stereo, Heated Steering Wheel"

Cons: "the placement of the window buttons"

"This is the first car I have bought on my own. Needless to say, I did my reasearch. The 2011 Maxima has exceeded my expectations. I love the navigation with the XM road condition and weather updates. The cold weather package is so nice. The seats heat up quickly as does the steering wheel. Now I don't know what I did without a heated steering wheel! It is big enough to be comfortable on long road trips but it also a lot fun to drive! Mine is Crimson Black and the color is beautiful. It looks black but in the sun has a bit of cherry-colored sparkle. I get compliments and turn heads everywhere I go."

A Great Car

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I have been extremely happy with my Maxima. I have the sport package and the ride and performance has been outstanding. I have not had one issue with my car (knock on wood) and would highly recommend this car. I was going to buy a Lexus or Acura but after a test drive, the styling and performance of the Maxima won me over. It's a great looking car and when I purchased it in May of 2010 there weren't a lot of them on the road and I got compliments all the time. There are a lot more on the road now and with good reason. It has every feature that all the luxury cars have, a sportier, sexier look, and at a price the other guys wouldn't touch."

Made for the road, but looks great in the driveway

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun, fast and sexy"

Cons: "Get a radar detector"

"This car is made to be driven. I've had mine for over two years now and love it, love it, love it. My poor motorcycle is lonely now, because I enjoy driving this car so much. If you've owned or driven a Maxima prior to this model, throw all of your opinions out the window. This is a completely different car. I've owned 2004 and 2008 models...wow what a difference! If you drive slow, don't buy this car...it's not for you. Tech Package - Outstanding! CVT Transmission - Outstanding! Slap Stick Manual/Auto - Outstanding! Acceleration - Great! (jumps off the line) Handling - Outstanding! (incredible turn radius) Keyless Entry and Push button start - Outstanding! I've had more looks, stares, comments (direct and indirect) with this car than any other. It is insurance classified as a sports car, but it drives like one too (keeping in mind that it is in fact still a sedan). If you like to drive...buy this car."

Wonderful car!

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"When I first saw a picture of the 2009 Maxima on my monthly billing statement, I knew I had to have it! Prior to this vehicle I owned the 2007 model. Though I love the sleek design and the performance of this car, I have to admit the quality and the price of the 2007 model made it a much better buy. The paint job is of poor quality and chips easily around the hood and trunk of the car. Not to mention My 2007 model was less expensive and I had more options!"

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!