2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 609 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

love my maxima

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

"I have owned Nissans for the past 13 yrs and loved them all; however, the Maxima is a favorite. This is my second one. The heated steering wheel is probably my favorite luxury. I do wish the ride were a little smoother and quieter. Other than that, I can't complain. It's a great car...drove my first Maxima until it was 14 yrs old!"

Faulty Transmission

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! The 2005 Nissan Maxima's have a transmission that fails at 50,000. This is not an isolated incident. Google 2005 Nissan transmissions on the internet and see what I mean."

2006 Maxima SL - great car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I've owned mine since new - I purchased it using the VPP program. Have 43K miles on it now. Great car. Have had very few problems. Only negative is the terrible turning radius. I like my 2006 much better than the new model."

Love at First Sight

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I currently drive the 2004 SL Maxima but also own a 1998 SE and a 2002 GLE. I bought the 04 used and feel that the money spent was well worth it. As a 23 year old guy, the car is fast, reliable, definitely roomy and pretty sexy looking. The leather seats are so comfortable that I when I am driving I feel like I am in a plane. Like all Nissans, the BOSE system is pretty nice. The heated steering wheel is GENIUS by the way. I get great gas mileage using premium. My 1998 SE had a spoiler and black leather interior which is the only thing I miss in my 2004 SL. All in all the Maxima is absolutely a thrill to drive!"

Great Vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"We bought the SL model in Dec. 06 as an 07 model. Car has everything except navigation. Everything works great and has never had any problems. CVT transmission takes a little to get used to, but it's very smooth and still performs well. Average mpg of 21 in town and 25 highway burning 87 octane gas. I've been told that premium give better mileage. The car rides as nice as any car I've owned including two cadillacs, and handling is still responsive and fun. There is plenty of interior room, I'm 6'1 and 225 and can sit comfortably with people in the back seat. If you buy one, make sure you keep the gas cap on real tight, or you'll have to pay to have your "engine" light reset!"