2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 611 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

average

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "roomy car and fast"

Cons: "parts R expensive, DIY maint time consuming"

"This car is okay, had to replace timing chains and tensioner due to a factory defect that Nissan was aware about but was not covered under warranty as mine failed after 90k miles, Nissan still failed to acknowledge this defect and replace for free. Front end has been replaced due to popping sounds new lower control arms, struts, strut mounts, bearing caps. Front grill is plastic with chrome finish this peels after a while, bad turning radius, to much plastic under engine eventually plastic pins that hold it in wear out and plastic comes off. front light replacement on driver side is easy passenger side takes longer as you have to remove the fender well to get to it. Driver side remove air cleaner housing and you can change out lights easy. Spark plugs are hard to change out as you have to remove the manifold no way around this. you start to have a lack of power when the car gets over 100k"

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A CAR CAPABLE OF 250K.....

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "STYLING AND POWER"

Cons: "TRANNY AND CATS"

"INSTEAD, I GOT A CAR THAT HAS HAD THE "CAT" GO OUT AT 80K, THE TRANNY STARTED SHIFTING HARD AT 106K, AND NOW WITH 120K, THE TRANNY IS TOAST. TOO BAD BECAUSE ITS A GREAT DRIVING CAR WHEN IT WORKS!"

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Maxima for over 3 years and still haven't found a car I like as much as I like my Maxima. It has speed, comfort, and relaibility The only thing I would change is the turning radius - you can't turn on a dime in this car. Overall, I am very pleased with my car and still enjoy driving it. The new Maxima's aren't as roomy and seem a little cramped."

4DSC

By on Monday, July 7, 2008

"I read reviews of the 2009 model, and they said the 2004-2008 model was more tame than keeping with the history of the car. I find this car sporty and quick. The size of a 5-series BMW, but FWD and comparatively cheaper for the masses. Great car, would buy again, perhaps without the 18 inch tires though (they look good, handle well, but potholes will loosen fillings!!"

Total lemon, avoid this car.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"Car was a lemon from day one. Drivers headlight kept going out. Nissan fixed it under warranty 3 times. Finally our mechanic rewired it for $270. Dash was not installed right from factory and was replaced. Struts were recalled, after we payed for 3 alignments that didn't hold. Sidewalls split out on goodyears twice (8 total tires warrantied). Motor blew up this week at 50,000 miles. Nissan has had it for a week and haven't decided if they will cover it under warranty. Do not buy this car cost of ownership is too high."