ZIP code

2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 610 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

outstanding car

By on Saturday, January 17, 2009

"EXCELLENT CAR, SMOOTH, FAST, QUIET,LOTS OF ROOM FOR A SIX FOOT FOUR PERSON LIKE ME. CVT TRANSMISSION IS GREAT ONCE YOU ADJUST TO NO SHIFTS. RUNS GREAT ON REGULAR GAS, 20 MPG ON A 22 MILE ROUND TRIP CITY/HIGHWAY LOOP. 25 MPG ON INTERSTATE AT 75MPH. TURNING CIRCLE IS NO PROBLEM. HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE ITS COMPETITION FROM HONDA AND TOYOTA. YOU WILL LOVE IT BEFORE YOU GET IT OFF OF THE LOT. SE MODEL, HANDLES BETTER THAN THE SL, NO FAKE WOOD, NICER INTERIOR, LESS EXPENSIVE."

My "new" 2006 (at least it seems new to me)

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Just purchased a 2006 with very low miles and WOW is this car awesome! Still drive my 1995 with 227,000 miles as it is perfect also! Did I mention that I had a 1998 ?........and loved it also. I definitely recommend this car, any year.I bought all of them used and they have been great cars. You get a lot for your money. They never die either!!"

Wouldn't trade her for the world!

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"This car was initially bought for my husband. Well, I fell in love and he ended up in our SUV. I absolutely love this car. I have been in this car for 4 years. No mechanical issues yet. I have taken this car cross country 4 times and I must say, when gas prices are $4+, one can appreciate the gas mileage. Drove from CO to VA on four complete fills. 28 hours and 4 fills. My husband doubled that. Handles well. Tires grip the road. The stocks actually held up in the ice, snow, and other random acts of God in CO. My job required me to be at work when no one else could make it and in a blizzard she took me with no issues. The automatic with manual shift helps because you can down shift rather than brake. Great vehicle. Two car seats in the back and comfortable seating space for one more. Leg room in front and back - ample. No complaints. I'll ride her till the wheels fall off!"

4DSC

By on Monday, July 7, 2008

"I read reviews of the 2009 model, and they said the 2004-2008 model was more tame than keeping with the history of the car. I find this car sporty and quick. The size of a 5-series BMW, but FWD and comparatively cheaper for the masses. Great car, would buy again, perhaps without the 18 inch tires though (they look good, handle well, but potholes will loosen fillings!!"

Solid choice

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"This is my second Maxima and once again i'm not disappointed. Much better than average performance and rock solid reliability for a reasonable price. Suprisingly good gas mileage for a car that performs in the manner that this one does (22 city/ 28 highway observed). Comfortable and quiet interior. The suspension on the SE may not be forgiving enough for everyone. I'm fairly sure that when I decide to trade this car in, it will be for another Maxima."

Impressed

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I have been driving Honda Accords since 1984. I gave my 1998 Accord to my son and bought a 2006 Maxima SL to "try something different". I have been MOSTLY impressed with the car. The highlight of the car is the excellent V6 that powers it. Quiet, smooth, and quick. The ride is very comfortable, reasonably quiet. Stereo is excellent. Climate control accurate. Handling is very good. Reliablity for me has been fine thus far. Only a few cosmetic issues under warranty, one being the chrome grille, which has been known to PEEL. Replaced without a problem. The one HUGE complaint I have which I have learned to live with is the turning circle which is TERRIBLE. Parking in a space requires the finesse of a Ford Expedition. After driving Hondas for >20 years, I have to say that the ergonomics of the interior are not as good as a Honda, but I have completely gotten used to it and it is not a big problem."

Sold Value

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Great fit and finish, solid motor that will really move. Great looks and styling. I purchased a 2004 with 50,000 miles on it. I really enjoy the Bose stereo,power and handling, heated leather seats and telescoping steering wheel.The car does ride a little rough because of the low profile tires and has a wide turning radius.Overall, I am happy with purchase. I owned a Mazda Millenia S before and the Maxima moves much faster than the Mazda, but has a stiffer ride.Also,the value of the car was great since so many are coming off leases."

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"This car has incrediable pickup! There are a couple things I don't like. The ride it not as smooth as it could be, it's like the tires are hard as a rock, hit a bump and you better be holding on tight to the steering wheel because the car will jump into another lane if going fast at all. The shifting is ruff, I am told this is normal for this transmission. The seats are not a great comfort and I am not a large person, both seat could have lumbar support and don't. The door lock is right on the door handle area, making it very easy to ACCIDENTLY lock yourself out."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, October 7, 2016

Pros: "Good pickup, smooth ride, loaded with amenities"

Cons: "poor in snow, wide turning radius"

"I love this car! When I bought it 10 years ago, it was going to be the last car I ever bought. But I live in Wisconsin, and the one flaw this car has is it's not very good in snowy conditions. After 10 years of feeling like I have to stay home when there's snow on the roads, I've finally decided to get an SUV. I've driven my Maxima for 10 years and never had to do a single repair...just standard maintenance. It rides smooth, shifts smooth, and has awesome pickup. It has all the bells and whistles, too, and even after 10 years, it has just about everything the new cars have. It breaks my heart that I have to part with it. I'm really going to miss my Maxima. If you live in a warm climate, this car would be perfect!"

its good

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "alot of power for 265 hp"

Cons: "MRSP $35,000 in 2003 Nissan Flagship Model"

"Firestone replaced all 4 tires warranty at 32000. Nissan replaced sky view glass and they never prepared new installation properly. Now roof rusting in corner's. Took car to Nissan 5/14/14 got run around from body shop personnel. Havve to talk to Manager but he is not here. Right!!Fuel pump went out 2012 $600.00 repair.Battery in 2010. no other problems really good car, but updated navigation costs $175.00 no way."