2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 609 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

average

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "roomy car and fast"

Cons: "parts R expensive, DIY maint time consuming"

"This car is okay, had to replace timing chains and tensioner due to a factory defect that Nissan was aware about but was not covered under warranty as mine failed after 90k miles, Nissan still failed to acknowledge this defect and replace for free. Front end has been replaced due to popping sounds new lower control arms, struts, strut mounts, bearing caps. Front grill is plastic with chrome finish this peels after a while, bad turning radius, to much plastic under engine eventually plastic pins that hold it in wear out and plastic comes off. front light replacement on driver side is easy passenger side takes longer as you have to remove the fender well to get to it. Driver side remove air cleaner housing and you can change out lights easy. Spark plugs are hard to change out as you have to remove the manifold no way around this. you start to have a lack of power when the car gets over 100k"

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Maxima for over 3 years and still haven't found a car I like as much as I like my Maxima. It has speed, comfort, and relaibility The only thing I would change is the turning radius - you can't turn on a dime in this car. Overall, I am very pleased with my car and still enjoy driving it. The new Maxima's aren't as roomy and seem a little cramped."

Total lemon, avoid this car.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"Car was a lemon from day one. Drivers headlight kept going out. Nissan fixed it under warranty 3 times. Finally our mechanic rewired it for $270. Dash was not installed right from factory and was replaced. Struts were recalled, after we payed for 3 alignments that didn't hold. Sidewalls split out on goodyears twice (8 total tires warrantied). Motor blew up this week at 50,000 miles. Nissan has had it for a week and haven't decided if they will cover it under warranty. Do not buy this car cost of ownership is too high."

BEST CAR

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Quick, spacious cabin and trunk, smooth"

Cons: "turning radius not good"

"I own a 2007 Maxima and I love it. Only other car I've loved as much was my Altima. I used to have a Chevy malibu (10) and here it is 2016 and it was a piece of trash! My maxima at 166,900 is still going VERY strong and never had an issue with it other than normal wear and tear. I live in WI so when it comes to snow I do throw in a 40lb bag of sand in the trunk for some weight. I'll have this car until it's wheels fall off."

2nd Maxima I have owned. Love these cars

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "very reasonably priced for high quality"

"This is the 2nd Maxima I have owned. Both were pre-owned and both were excellently cared for. These are the MOST dependable vehicles I have ever owned. I have been driving for 43 years. These are 4 dr sports cars. They move out when you want them to. They are an extremely quiet comfortable ride and with normal maintenance they will go forever. I gave my other Maxima to my son and he is still driving it. I has over 135000 (2002) and drives like it's brand new. Solid and quiet."