2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 609 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Nice car

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

"I drove my car off the lot brand new. I have new had anything go wrong with my car. I love it. It's a 2004 and yes I have never hot rodded it. I like the fact you can shift it or put it in drive. When it is slippery outside you can shift it down really fast and that lowers your R P M S very quickly so you can avoid a collision. I have never had any problems with my car. The only problem with these kind of cars ( Well any kind of cars that have those kind ) that have the lights shaped the way they are very expensive to fix. I still love my car. I have owned it for 10 years and it has never failed me."

Very nice car. Fun to drive

By on Friday, July 3, 2015

Pros: "Sporty car to drive with nice exceleration"

Cons: "Turning radius is just to wide."

"Only issue is the very, very, very wide turning radius. Numbers of times I have had to back up pulling into a parking space because I could not make the turn. Forget about making a u-turn with out backing up."

sad to say goodbye

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "styling, acceleration"

Cons: "turning radius, gas mileage"

"After 10 years we will be selling our Nissan Maxima. This makes me sad because I loved this car. It is sporty and fun and the styling is awesome and has stood up to the test of time. It has lots of great options including my favorite - a heated steering wheel. The gas mileage isn't great, and the turning radius is pretty awful, but the ride and acceleration are fantastic."

a great vehicle very comfortable

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "26- 28 miles a gallon on long trip going with traf"

Cons: "Burns a little oil"

Taken 9-20-2014

"SIRIUSXM radio Well maintained professionally mostly by dealer Struts replace recently as well as brakes Tan interior"

Taken 9-20-2014

The Nissan Maxima

By on Friday, July 31, 2015

Pros: "The last car you should need to buy (Save resorces"

Cons: "Tight engine bay for routine maintainance"

Have fun buy one and ride a bike

"Ok I want to be fair This car is sold under different names all over the world. I had a 91,it had injector problems Probably from sitting too much. Great car independent rear suspension. a 97 SE 5 speed Manual, Deadly fast and unbreakable. My wife's 98 was purchased in 98 and now with 151000 miles needs belts brakes, tires, a windshield, shocks, a trans filter, and a front and rear bumper cover. This has been a excellent car for her and yes I will fix all that and sell the car (some day),, The VQ30DE is great and a low mileage, used, one can be had for 3 to 5 hundred NO demand for them because they do not break. Now for the VQ35DE The 2002 with the 4 speed auto is a GREAT car when Nissan and Infiniti went to the 5 speed auto is when the problems started, all the way throw 07. can you drive a stick ??? that is the best insulation A 6 speed! in 08 Nissan had a % of cars with engine problems (upper engine valves rods and oil use.In 2008 the CVT was about the only transmission here in the US Some people did not like how it preformed when cold (rough shifts). I would educate my self on the car , (any car) before you buy. I will always buy Nissan's But know that any car will need work after you put a bunch if miles on it. 160K to 180K timing chain timing gears , chain guides, water pump and oil pump on a front wheel drive Maxima this will mean pulling the engine. So transmission to engine seals and change the filter and fluid in the transmission. No one will tell you these things I will state that with these items I have shared that 400k is possible on this car! Use synthetic oil and always a car cover in the sun. I like the 4th generation VQ30DE best and I like a standard transmission hard to come by. I hope this is of use to you!"

Have fun buy one and ride a bike