2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 611 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

For the price Not Satisfied

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Overall I am not satisfied with my 2008 Maxima SE although it does have some nice features. First, I'll tell you the negatives. The driver seat is not comfortable! My Maxima is loaded with leather electric seats, which can be adjusted in many positions. However, even after adjusting it in every possible way the driver seat is still not comfortable and causes neck and back pain. The leather is not soft! The head rest projects forward too much and pushes into my head. For woman, as myself, who like to wear their hair pulled back in a clip or ponytail, the head rest touches the back of the head! How irritating!! So, I've had to turn the head rest around backwards, which looks odd! Men wouldn't have to worry about that. For the price I paid, I would like to be comfortable!! The turning radius is terrible! It's so bad that while parking in a Normal size parking spot, I typically have to turn part-way in and then backup alittle. Overall the price was too high for the quailty. Also, the resale value is much lower than expected. The postives are: The Bose stereo is awesome, the car has quick pick-up speed and is fun to drive because it's sporty. I really like the keyless push button on the driver door and trunk."

2006 Maxima owner

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"disappointed in the vehicle; expected better gas mileage, has electronic issues (power window) and had to replace battery at 18 months. Cosmetic flaws in front name plate. Leather seats showing signifcant wear after only 2 years being driven by mature woman with no children. Car is good looking and fast when fueled with premium gas. Likely not to buy another Nissan based on this experience."

Excellent Car! Bought new & no regrets!

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"In 8 years only once was it in the shop for repairs and that was to replace a steering sensor; under $300. Found Maxima to have a very comfortable ride. Have had so many compliments on the beauty of this car."

I love my Maxima!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,engine,bose"

Cons: "road noise,air to the rear"

"I bought this car new in June of 2007.It is just what I would expect from a Maxima. I have Always been a nissan driver and they make great cars. About 90000 miles i had to replace a belt that was about to break im not sure what is was,but it did not dig a hole in my pocket to replace.And around 100000 miles the sunroof shade came loose and hasnt been fixed because nissan says there is nothing wrong,the sunroof works fine.There isnt alot of air flow from the two vents in the rear and something is in the rear cup holder an oil or juice.I have wiped it up and pulled out the thing in it and it keeps coming back I will have to tell nissan when i go get my oil change.overall great car"

average

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "roomy car and fast"

Cons: "parts R expensive, DIY maint time consuming"

"This car is okay, had to replace timing chains and tensioner due to a factory defect that Nissan was aware about but was not covered under warranty as mine failed after 90k miles, Nissan still failed to acknowledge this defect and replace for free. Front end has been replaced due to popping sounds new lower control arms, struts, strut mounts, bearing caps. Front grill is plastic with chrome finish this peels after a while, bad turning radius, to much plastic under engine eventually plastic pins that hold it in wear out and plastic comes off. front light replacement on driver side is easy passenger side takes longer as you have to remove the fender well to get to it. Driver side remove air cleaner housing and you can change out lights easy. Spark plugs are hard to change out as you have to remove the manifold no way around this. you start to have a lack of power when the car gets over 100k"