2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 611 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A CAR CAPABLE OF 250K.....

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "STYLING AND POWER"

Cons: "TRANNY AND CATS"

"INSTEAD, I GOT A CAR THAT HAS HAD THE "CAT" GO OUT AT 80K, THE TRANNY STARTED SHIFTING HARD AT 106K, AND NOW WITH 120K, THE TRANNY IS TOAST. TOO BAD BECAUSE ITS A GREAT DRIVING CAR WHEN IT WORKS!"

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Maxima for over 3 years and still haven't found a car I like as much as I like my Maxima. It has speed, comfort, and relaibility The only thing I would change is the turning radius - you can't turn on a dime in this car. Overall, I am very pleased with my car and still enjoy driving it. The new Maxima's aren't as roomy and seem a little cramped."

4DSC

By on Monday, July 7, 2008

"I read reviews of the 2009 model, and they said the 2004-2008 model was more tame than keeping with the history of the car. I find this car sporty and quick. The size of a 5-series BMW, but FWD and comparatively cheaper for the masses. Great car, would buy again, perhaps without the 18 inch tires though (they look good, handle well, but potholes will loosen fillings!!"

Total lemon, avoid this car.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"Car was a lemon from day one. Drivers headlight kept going out. Nissan fixed it under warranty 3 times. Finally our mechanic rewired it for $270. Dash was not installed right from factory and was replaced. Struts were recalled, after we payed for 3 alignments that didn't hold. Sidewalls split out on goodyears twice (8 total tires warrantied). Motor blew up this week at 50,000 miles. Nissan has had it for a week and haven't decided if they will cover it under warranty. Do not buy this car cost of ownership is too high."

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"This car has incrediable pickup! There are a couple things I don't like. The ride it not as smooth as it could be, it's like the tires are hard as a rock, hit a bump and you better be holding on tight to the steering wheel because the car will jump into another lane if going fast at all. The shifting is ruff, I am told this is normal for this transmission. The seats are not a great comfort and I am not a large person, both seat could have lumbar support and don't. The door lock is right on the door handle area, making it very easy to ACCIDENTLY lock yourself out."

2nd Maxima I have owned. Love these cars

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "very reasonably priced for high quality"

"This is the 2nd Maxima I have owned. Both were pre-owned and both were excellently cared for. These are the MOST dependable vehicles I have ever owned. I have been driving for 43 years. These are 4 dr sports cars. They move out when you want them to. They are an extremely quiet comfortable ride and with normal maintenance they will go forever. I gave my other Maxima to my son and he is still driving it. I has over 135000 (2002) and drives like it's brand new. Solid and quiet."

i had a 2005 model.... not a good idea

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"i had major transmissions problems with my car..i had sell get rid of it. all my buddies has had engine problem also with this model."

love my maxima

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

"I have owned Nissans for the past 13 yrs and loved them all; however, the Maxima is a favorite. This is my second one. The heated steering wheel is probably my favorite luxury. I do wish the ride were a little smoother and quieter. Other than that, I can't complain. It's a great car...drove my first Maxima until it was 14 yrs old!"

Faulty Transmission

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! The 2005 Nissan Maxima's have a transmission that fails at 50,000. This is not an isolated incident. Google 2005 Nissan transmissions on the internet and see what I mean."

2006 Maxima SL - great car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I've owned mine since new - I purchased it using the VPP program. Have 43K miles on it now. Great car. Have had very few problems. Only negative is the terrible turning radius. I like my 2006 much better than the new model."