ZIP code

2005 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 610 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A CAR CAPABLE OF 250K.....

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "STYLING AND POWER"

Cons: "TRANNY AND CATS"

"INSTEAD, I GOT A CAR THAT HAS HAD THE "CAT" GO OUT AT 80K, THE TRANNY STARTED SHIFTING HARD AT 106K, AND NOW WITH 120K, THE TRANNY IS TOAST. TOO BAD BECAUSE ITS A GREAT DRIVING CAR WHEN IT WORKS!"

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Maxima for over 3 years and still haven't found a car I like as much as I like my Maxima. It has speed, comfort, and relaibility The only thing I would change is the turning radius - you can't turn on a dime in this car. Overall, I am very pleased with my car and still enjoy driving it. The new Maxima's aren't as roomy and seem a little cramped."

Total lemon, avoid this car.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"Car was a lemon from day one. Drivers headlight kept going out. Nissan fixed it under warranty 3 times. Finally our mechanic rewired it for $270. Dash was not installed right from factory and was replaced. Struts were recalled, after we payed for 3 alignments that didn't hold. Sidewalls split out on goodyears twice (8 total tires warrantied). Motor blew up this week at 50,000 miles. Nissan has had it for a week and haven't decided if they will cover it under warranty. Do not buy this car cost of ownership is too high."

2nd Maxima I have owned. Love these cars

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "very reasonably priced for high quality"

"This is the 2nd Maxima I have owned. Both were pre-owned and both were excellently cared for. These are the MOST dependable vehicles I have ever owned. I have been driving for 43 years. These are 4 dr sports cars. They move out when you want them to. They are an extremely quiet comfortable ride and with normal maintenance they will go forever. I gave my other Maxima to my son and he is still driving it. I has over 135000 (2002) and drives like it's brand new. Solid and quiet."

i had a 2005 model.... not a good idea

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"i had major transmissions problems with my car..i had sell get rid of it. all my buddies has had engine problem also with this model."

love my maxima

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

"I have owned Nissans for the past 13 yrs and loved them all; however, the Maxima is a favorite. This is my second one. The heated steering wheel is probably my favorite luxury. I do wish the ride were a little smoother and quieter. Other than that, I can't complain. It's a great car...drove my first Maxima until it was 14 yrs old!"

Faulty Transmission

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! The 2005 Nissan Maxima's have a transmission that fails at 50,000. This is not an isolated incident. Google 2005 Nissan transmissions on the internet and see what I mean."

2006 Maxima SL - great car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I've owned mine since new - I purchased it using the VPP program. Have 43K miles on it now. Great car. Have had very few problems. Only negative is the terrible turning radius. I like my 2006 much better than the new model."

Love at First Sight

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I currently drive the 2004 SL Maxima but also own a 1998 SE and a 2002 GLE. I bought the 04 used and feel that the money spent was well worth it. As a 23 year old guy, the car is fast, reliable, definitely roomy and pretty sexy looking. The leather seats are so comfortable that I when I am driving I feel like I am in a plane. Like all Nissans, the BOSE system is pretty nice. The heated steering wheel is GENIUS by the way. I get great gas mileage using premium. My 1998 SE had a spoiler and black leather interior which is the only thing I miss in my 2004 SL. All in all the Maxima is absolutely a thrill to drive!"

Great Vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"We bought the SL model in Dec. 06 as an 07 model. Car has everything except navigation. Everything works great and has never had any problems. CVT transmission takes a little to get used to, but it's very smooth and still performs well. Average mpg of 21 in town and 25 highway burning 87 octane gas. I've been told that premium give better mileage. The car rides as nice as any car I've owned including two cadillacs, and handling is still responsive and fun. There is plenty of interior room, I'm 6'1 and 225 and can sit comfortably with people in the back seat. If you buy one, make sure you keep the gas cap on real tight, or you'll have to pay to have your "engine" light reset!"