2001 Nissan Maxima

Based on 566 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Very dependable, comfortable, fast vehicle i ever

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "fast, comfortable luxury inside, very safe"

Cons: "no complaints"

"I have had this car for 4 years and had no problems with it at all. The car is an excellent car. It has the speed and comfort a real driver needs. Very reliable with minor upkeep. I would recommend this car to anyone. ;)"

Neighbours Envy Owners Pride

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

"Its a great car with a lot of comfort. A pleasure to drive. I see no point in trading this car for a new one!"

best i've had so far

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"The 2001 is nearly identical to the 2000 that I currently own both inside and out. This car has all the amenities of a luxury car. Is almost identical to it's upgrade the Infinity of the same year (which my daughter has) which has a few little extra's in it's interior. Car handles well on the highway, on turns, is comfortable and hit's the back of the legs comfortably. Holds more fuel than it's newer version which means less time at the pump. Fuel expenditure isn't bad for the power this little car has. It accelerates nicely when taken care of. Get the oil changes regularly and keep up with the maintenance and it will last a very long time. I like the 2000 and 2001 better than the newer versions although I haven't yet driven the 2010 or 2011. It does handle better than the 2006 models. I have a 2000 which I am keeping and looking to purchase the 2001 as a second car. I will buy a car cover though because the leather does dry out if the car is always exposed to the sun such as mine is here in FL."

Maxima 2002 6 speed

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Great Car!! I've only had 2 problems, the AC/Heater blower went out at 110,000 mi and the sunroof stopped working for no reason. Easey fixes though. I had the back to O2 sensors replaced at 85,000 miles."

Not Worth It

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"This car is really nice and comfortable. However the negatives include: Doing a U-Turn(mission), >>>Sensor Problems<<<<< A luxury car "Maxima" shouldnt have manufacture issues & this one does. Do you research b4 purchasing, Carfax dnt tell everything."

Great Value

By on Saturday, April 4, 2009

"I bought a 2000 with 83,000 miles on it for my 16 year old daughter. Was lucky to find it (and be only 2nd owner) and paid a bargain $5000. I swear it handles and has power almost as good as my Lexus ! Was only going to put minimal insurance on it, but now am putting more, because I would be sick if this beautiful car was wrecked...."

By on Sunday, March 2, 2008

"The Maxima offers a lot of personality for a sedan. I bought mine as it was the only roomy sedan I could find with a manual transmission. It's kind of like getting a Lexus or Infinity without the snob appeal. Grown adult back seat passengers marvel at the amount of legroom and comfortable seats. I'm at about 90,000 miles with only minor issues, including an exhaust repair, new tires, CD player and replaced the alternator. The Bose 6 disc changer is a littly boomy on the bass, weak on vocals, and can skip in cold weather. Some songs sound great, others just good. It's repairable, but not cheap. The dealer can't fix it, go to a custom stereo shop and they can send it out. Handling is amazing, even with so many miles on the original suspension. The SE model handles great without being too harsh on all but the worst roads. The manual transmission makes the car an absolute blast to drive. The motor is unstoppable and smooth. It starts in the coldest Wisconsin mornings. The automatic climate control is very nice, although the heater never blows as hot as my wife's Jetta. I've replaced the OEM Bridgestone Potenzas with a similar but different tire from the Potenza line... The Bridgestone Potenza "Pole Position" gives the car an even firmer, sportier ride. The OEM and my replacement tires are good in all but the deepest snow. It took 8" of fluffy snow over icy packed snow before I got it stuck this winter, and in all fairness, my neighbor with a 4x4 truck was stuck too."

Nice but a guzzler

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Nice ride, power, comfort. Horrible gas mileage though and large turning radius"

Bad MPG

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Great car. Bought it with salvage title (had been in a bad hail storm) with 59k miles on it. Heated leather, heated steering wheel, all bells and whistles. The biggest negative is the awful MPG. Anywhere from 14-22 MPG...not bad, if I were driving a Suburban. The computer on the dash even lies, it's always 3-4 MPG higher than the real one? I also wish it wasn't such a stiff ride, but the performance is incredible. I guess if you want both, you buy Mercedes or Lexus. I would recommend to anyone, just watch the MPG."

Fast and Comfortable

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Bought this car used, have put over 30,000 miles on it with only one problem - the air flow meter went bad, and was killing the car when i shifted into neutral. with that fixed, i now have no complaints. the car has excellent acceleration (especially with the 5 speed), smooth cornering, a good ride, great interior amenities and layout, acceptable fuel mileage, great styling, and is simply fun to drive. the only thing i would change would be the turning radius - it is HUGE. i recommend this car to anyone who enjoys to drive."