1998 Nissan Maxima

Based on 527 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

great car! 240K miles

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "car wont die"

Cons: "rust"

"I have a 5 speed with 240k miles on mine and its still going strong. Has lots of power and gets good gas mileage. I have beat on this car for years and it just wont die. Only prob is rust everywhere! if you can keep it garaged it would run forever wish I could keep it to see how many more miles it will get. Sad to see it go"

Loved this car, hate to say goodbye

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Dependable--- 250.000 miles and the ENGINE is fine"

Cons: "Not sporty"

"My first impression was that it was a little stodgy, not as sporty as my 1991 Nissan. But it has grown on me, and has been unbelievably dependable. Now, the electronics are slowly going haywire--- the door locks, the automatic windows, etc--- and it is going to cost more to fix than it's worth. But I have driven brand new rental cars on vacation, usually economy cars, and when I get home I think, good heavens, this old beater still drives better than those new ones!"

Love this car!

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Long life"

Cons: "Gas mileage ( but the power is worth it)"

"This is my first car, I got it used at around 150,000 miles. It has been such a champ for me. The coils are starting to go out and I've been told that is one of the only weak spots in the maximas. I don't want to give it up though!"

16 yo and still drives better than our new car.

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value, refined drive, fun to drive."

"We bought this car used 11 years ago, thinking we would keep it 3 years. We have thought about trading it in a few times, but every time we look at newer cars, we are amazed at how much better our old Maxima is! The interior is very well appointed and has held up very well. The paint still looks great (I wash/wax regularly, but nothing too special). It has plenty of power; it feels much sportier than other cars we've tested that claim to have 50 more hp. Our friends are always amazed to find out it's more than a few years old. I have invested about $2,800 (suspension, brakes twice, power steering pump, cv joints, mass airflow sensor) in maintenance and repairs and put on two new sets of tires (~$400/each set) over the past 11 years, but today it still drives almost like a new car. Compared to trading it in for a newer car, we have saved many thousands and still have a better car."

I have had great experience with my nissan

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Great in-exspensive car and very reliable!!!"

Cons: "no cup holder in the back seats??"

"I bought the car used with 21K, I am now at 130k. I have had NO major issuse, only the normal wear and tear(that you would receive with any vehicle you own). If you keep up on the oil changes reguraly then you should have no major issues(mobile1 synthetic high millage 10w30/bosch filter, every 7k)<- WILL NEVER HAVE ANY major ISSUE! The handling is good, I have notice its a lot better when you have michelin tires/good set of tires. I live where it snows a lot and I have had no handling problems in the weather conditions. The car is fully loaded and in perfect working condition, leather interior, heated seats, sunroof, power everything. perfect little in-exspensive car with all the amenities that a 1999 would have. I am extremely happy with the investment and will do it all over again!! EXTREMELY RELIABLE"

simply the best

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "premium fuel only"

"keep the oil changed and this thing is bullitproof do all the maintence and its indestructable. i own 5 nissans 4 of them have over 200,000 miles need i say more."

Best car I ever drove.

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "great handling. comfort. great pick-up."

"Wonderful car. Safe and strong. Best heating and air conditioning system I have ever seen. Also, excellent handling and stability."

Great car and great value

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "great value, handles well"

Cons: "Issues w/brakes that the dealers did not repair correctly"

"Leather seats and interior has held up exceptionally well. Still handles nicely and get fairly decent mileage - 20-22mpg incity driving and 24-25mpg on the freeways."

great and reliable!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This is a good car overall. I have a 5-speed 98 Maxima, and it has treated me right so far. I bought it almost 2 years ago with 125,000 miies from original owner and i haven't had any issues besides normal wear and tear and servicing. I put 25,000 miles on it the first year i got it (10,000 miles above average) and had no issues at all. Decent gas mileage but not the best considering how big the gas tank is and the fact that its a 5-speed. Shifts great! People don't notice at first that its manual because it shifts so smoothly. PROS: reliable, good quality, excellent interior, excellent performance CONS: expensive to fix, gas mileage could be better, and it gets a little uncomfortable for someone 6'3'' on long trips compared to my brothers Honda Accord, which is much more comfortable then my Maxima"

Best Vehicle ever

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"I bought the 1997 Nissan Maxima new. The car have been incredible. Replaced the clutch at 105k miles. Only major mechanical issue, about $700 to replace. Car still runs great. I will have to replace CV joints but still have original struts. I highly recommend Goodyear Assurance tire. Makes a huge difference on ride. Best V6 engine ever built. Car still looks greats and still runs great!!"